Aloha!!! We're booked for Hawaii!!!!!

I have a T category on hold 2 people @ 14k even. I feel that the price is reasonable, compared to other categories - it's just the itinerary that's got me nervous about paying the non-refundable deposit.

Just dont know what to do. :sad1:

I cant believe it:banana: We snagged an 11b this morning 2A $4182!!!!!
Didn't get a chance to move our dummy date, so missed out on the 10% off and the extra shipboard credit, but will transfer to dreams unlimited to at least get their $300! Can't wait to start planning this one!!!:dance3:

I have cruised with Disney in 2005, 2006, and 2009.
I have been going to Hawaii often since 2003.
We just got back last week from Hawaii.

If you have second thoughts about cruising to Hawaii, know that you can spend about the same amount of money and actually spend two weeks on island. Here is how we budget it:

Condo for two weeks: $3000 (oceanfront: think verandah, 3 bedrooms)
Airfare for 4: $3200
Food (groceries): $1400 (unfortunately, not a 24/7 buffet)
Tours (4 each): $1600
Car & Gas: $1000
------
Total $10200

Here is how we budget the cruise for comparison:

Cruise for 4: $10000 (verandah cabin)
Tips: $ 600
Airfare to LA: $ 800
Excursions: $ 1600
Transportation: $ 200
--------
$13200

This is a very hard choice. We love Disney. We love Disney Cruising. We love Hawaii. So basically it comes down to giving up our daily trips to snorkel or boogie board (and the space in our condo) for the food and fun on the ship. Once I think about taking my kids out of school ... going to Hawaii (without taking the kids out of schools) wins over cruising. Tough choice though. I am jealous of everybody on the cruise!

We have visited the Hawaii in two week increments 13 times. We've visited the Big Island (our favorite) in Winter/Spring 9 times, Maui twice, Kauai once,
and a split trip Maui/Oahu. I can help with planning an on island trip if anybody needs advice. I am not a travel agent. I am just a career computer programmer who likes to travel.

I know there was previous debate about how short the last hawaii port day was, but looks like they exteded the time:banana:

Day Port Guest Ashore Guest Onboard
1 Los Angeles, California — 4:00 p.m.
2 At Sea — —
3 At Sea — —
4 At Sea — —
5 At Sea — —
6 Hilo, Hawaii 12:00 p.m. 7:30 p.m.
7 Kahului, Maui 7:30 a.m. 7:30 p.m.
8 Honolulu, Oahu 7:30 a.m. 7:30 p.m.
9 Nawiliwili, Kauai 7:30 a.m. 5:30 p.m.
10 At Sea — —
11 At Sea — —
12 At Sea — —
13 At Sea — —
14 At Sea — —
15 Ensenada, Mexico 8:00 a.m. 4:30 p.m.
16 Los Angeles, California 9:00 a.m. —

Does anyone know how far Aulani will be from the port on Oahu? I am hoping they will have an excursion for people to go and use the beach there? That would be awesome.........

Well fellow Hawaiian cruisers....we also booked a category 11B for $3720 for 2 adults.....and my wife is one lucky lady since she will now get me to Hawaii...I really don't like to fly long distances so she knows she would not get me on a plane from NY to Hawaii.....and I just love those sea days when you just sit around and relax.....life is good.
Tom

We are also very excited, but a little worried about nine sea days. We ordinarily love our sea days, but 9 seems like a lot, what will we do? Good problems :)

Does anyone know how far Aulani will be from the port on Oahu? I am hoping they will have an excursion for people to go and use the beach there? That would be awesome.........
I'm hoping for the same thing, but I'm hoping there are multiple times so that we could first do Pearl Harbor.

Got up at 7:55...phone wait time was quoted at 167 minutes and the online booking was not working. I nearly had a nervous breakdown! There are 5 of us and the price of the "suite" was almost $15,000. I ended up booking two rooms for $9553. I wish the Wonder held a family of 5 for a decent price like the new ships do. If only I could talk three more people into going I could really get a great deal! :laughing: This cruise looks to be sold out already!

I just paid my deposit!! I can't believe I am going to go on a 2 week cruise!! This will be the first time I will be leaving my kids (will be 9, 7 and 4 at cruise time) since Dh died back in Oct of '08. Right now, the room is booked for me and a friend but she won't know if she can go until her parents get back from vacation to ask if they can help watch her 3 kids. If she can't go, I will go by myself which will be a huge stepping stone for me. I have never traveled anywhere alone. Starting dating Dh at 17, married at almost 24 and was 31 when he passed away. We always did everything together and now here I am getting ready to embark on this adventure without him. Yikes!! So I am a mixture of feelings! :scared1::woohoo:

I just paid my deposit!! I can't believe I am going to go on a 2 week cruise!! This will be the first time I will be leaving my kids (will be 9, 7 and 4 at cruise time) since Dh died back in Oct of '08. Right now, the room is booked for me and a friend but she won't know if she can go until her parents get back from vacation to ask if they can help watch her 3 kids. If she can't go, I will go by myself which will be a huge stepping stone for me. I have never traveled anywhere alone. Starting dating Dh at 17, married at almost 24 and was 31 when he passed away. We always did everything together and now here I am getting ready to embark on this adventure without him. Yikes!! So I am a mixture of feelings! :scared1::woohoo:
You will love traveling solo. Make sure to join the Cruise Meet thread for this cruise here on the DIS, so you can get to know people on the cruise beforehand. If this cruise is anything like the Transatlantics, there will be a ton of activities planned for those sea days. Once you travel by yourself once, you'll find it less & less daunting each successive time! Congrats on such a big step!

Sayhello

I am a newbie, first cruise ever. Just booked, a cat 04A.

I got an email confirmation.

In the room info it says:

Room #GTY
Category 04A - Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah

What is room#GTY??? :confused3

Thanks in advance for answer.

We too are booked on this Cruise!!! and are very excited. There are four of us and I will be taking my daughters out of school - grades 4 & 8.

Dollar for Dollar when compared to the 7 day Fantasy cruise in July 2012 this was a much better deal. Paid almost the same for 15 days as for 7 and thus it was an easy switch for us..

Now looking forward to the Alaskan cruise May 10-17th and then Hawaii here we come!!!

I am a newbie, first cruise ever. Just booked, a cat 04A.

I got an email confirmation.

In the room info it says:

Room #GTY
Category 04A - Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah

What is room#GTY??? :confused3

Thanks in advance for answer.

Nevermind, got the answer from another thread. For any other newbies like me, GYT means that currently the cabins are sold out but you are guarranteed to get the same cabin or higher after cancellations. you just cant pick a room number.

We too are booked on this Cruise!!! and are very excited. There are four of us and I will be taking my daughters out of school - grades 4 & 8.

Dollar for Dollar when compared to the 7 day Fantasy cruise in July 2012 this was a much better deal. Paid almost the same for 15 days as for 7 and thus it was an easy switch for us..

Now looking forward to the Alaskan cruise May 10-17th and then Hawaii here we come!!!

We have thought about a cruise for two weeks and would love to but our twins will be in 4th grade. Can I ask if your school district will give you a hard time??TIA!!:):goodvibes

I'm just amazed that there are no bookings left on DCL website after 10 hours up online.... not that I was considering it but was going to show DH the prices to see what he said... gone, gone, gone lol

We have thought about a cruise for two weeks and would love to but our twins will be in 4th grade. Can I ask if your school district will give you a hard time??TIA!!:):goodvibes

Kritter, we are pulling our, by then 5th grader, along with his brother, 2nd grade, and sister Kindergarten. Ask for a study packet...in our area, if they complete the entire packet the school gets credit as if they were in school. Besides, how many Disney 1st Hawaiian's are there, and let's face it...it's only 4th grade not senior finals.

I have cruised with Disney in 2005, 2006, and 2009.
I have been going to Hawaii often since 2003.
We just got back last week from Hawaii.

If you have second thoughts about cruising to Hawaii, know that you can spend about the same amount of money and actually spend two weeks on island. Here is how we budget it:

Condo for two weeks: $3000 (oceanfront: think verandah, 3 bedrooms)
Airfare for 4: $3200
Food (groceries): $1400 (unfortunately, not a 24/7 buffet)
Tours (4 each): $1600
Car & Gas: $1000
------
Total $10200

Here is how we budget the cruise for comparison:

Cruise for 4: $10000 (verandah cabin)
Tips: $ 600
Airfare to LA: $ 800
Excursions: $ 1600
Transportation: $ 200
--------
$13200

This is a very hard choice. We love Disney. We love Disney Cruising. We love Hawaii. So basically it comes down to giving up our daily trips to snorkel or boogie board (and the space in our condo) for the food and fun on the ship. Once I think about taking my kids out of school ... going to Hawaii (without taking the kids out of schools) wins over cruising. Tough choice though. I am jealous of everybody on the cruise!

We have visited the Hawaii in two week increments 13 times. We've visited the Big Island (our favorite) in Winter/Spring 9 times, Maui twice, Kauai once,
and a split trip Maui/Oahu. I can help with planning an on island trip if anybody needs advice. I am not a travel agent. I am just a career computer programmer who likes to travel.

Totally agree.;) With some fine tuning. If you're a DVC member, you can stay a week at the new resort and save the $3000 for trips to the other islands. The ruise sounds great and we almost booked it the first day offered, but then decided that using the DVC resort and renting a car would be better financially for us. If you look at the itineraries Cruisers will only spend 40 1/2 hrs on the islands, the longest times on Maui and Oahu, 12 hrs ea. We were stationed in Hawaii in the mid 70s and I know things have changed, nut there is still a lot to see and experience, and cramming it into 12 hrs is not for these old bones.:goodvibes The only drawback is the flight time to Honolulu VS. a relaxing cruise on a ship loike the Wonder.:sad2:

We booked the cruise. Paid our deposit. Right now we have booked with the kids. Have to see. Our biggest obstacle is taking our freshman out. Straight A student, but she is worried about missing soccer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter