Alpine inn vs. Paradise Pier Hotel?

disEAR

DVC Member
Looking to get some thoughts. We’re doing two nights in middle of November, Sunday/Monday and currently have Alpine Inn booked but Paradise Pier just became an option and I’m trying to determine if I should make the switch.

The price for PPH is almost 3x the cost of Alpine Inn. We can get a full refund if we cancel at Alpine. We typically stay on-site, and are familiar with the perks of doing so.

Need some help with the pros and cons and to see what others would do.

*edit* I’ll also add that we have stayed at Alpine once before and were content with what they offered.

Hmmm. We have stayed at both. The view rooms at PPH are amazing! That being said, you know it’s under construction right now and that there isn’t any dining available at the PPH? I realize Alpine also doesn’t have any dining, but just wanted to make sure you knew all that. (Assuming you do)

Do you want to spend x3 more? I guess that would be the question… We just stayed at PPH in August and had a great stay. If you haven’t stayed there, the elevators can be an issue during peak times. Cast members were great and we loved our view. The room is tired and it’s overdue for the remodel it’s getting. But everything functioned in the room just fine. We had a better stay at PPH than we did at the Grand. The new entrance to DCA is a nice perk too.

Sometimes we splurge on the DLR hotels and sometimes we stay at places like Alpine Inn (which we also really liked!) to stay within the budget we have. Have fun on your trip!!

We had a good stay at PPH in October. The benefits for us were:
  • Early entry into the parks each day. Those extra 30ish minutes really helped on crowded days.
  • Close proximity to Disneyland Hotel and Grand Californian, we enjoyed visiting and dining at both of these.
  • Easy access into DCA (via the new entrance/gate near Grand Californian
  • Not too far walking to DL via the Grand Californian (probably closer than Alpine Inn? But farther than other Harbor hotels.
  • Nice view into DCA from premium room (but those might be even pricier)
  • Room that slept 5 people (we needed 3 beds)
I think only you can decide if any of these is worth the extra money to you. The construction was slightly annoying but not a deal breaker for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter