Alpine Magic TR?

HappyGrumpy

DIS Veteran
I could have sworn I saw a AM trip report posted in the past the couple of weeks. I looked all over the threads can someone point me in the right direction!

Thanks,
HG

We went on the Alpine Magic trip last month and I've answered several questions but I did not do a trip report. Sorry.

Ohhh Gotcha! So here are my questions:

What was your favorite part about the trip?
Was it the scenery? The Food? The Activities?

Did you go a day ahead or stay an extra day or did you feel that the trip length was enough for all that you did and wanted to do?

What was the weather like during the day and what was it like in the evenings?

Thank You so much!

Ohhh Gotcha! So here are my questions:

What was your favorite part about the trip?
Was it the scenery? The Food? The Activities?

Did you go a day ahead or stay an extra day or did you feel that the trip length was enough for all that you did and wanted to do?

What was the weather like during the day and what was it like in the evenings?

Thank You so much!

Our favorite was all the above. We fell in love with Stresa, a quaint, beautiful little town. The Matterhorn was truly awesome. We had fantastic weather the day we arrived so we took the train up the side of the mountain and was treated to a glorious view. The scenery getting to the activities and from one city to the other was just amazing.

The food, with just a couple of exceptions, was fantastic. All was good, but a few meals were more ordinary rather than fantastic. The activities were a wide variety for young and old. A great mix. The hotels in Stresa and Lucerne had wonderful lake views and great locations. The hotel in Zermatt had a little less ambience but great views and location.

We went to Venice for 3 days before our AM adventure began. It helped with jet lag and it was just a 4 1/2 hour train trip to meet up with our tour in Stresa. We did that on our own.

Our weather was fantastic. We had just a couple of drizzly afternoons but it never got cold. I light sweater only for the evenings.

Thank You so much for the info. When we come back from Quest in August I will need to decide if Italy or Alpine is the way we want to go so I am looking for all info I can get!! Thank You and I am so glad you loved it!:thumbsup2

Our favorite was all the above. We fell in love with Stresa, a quaint, beautiful little town. The Matterhorn was truly awesome. We had fantastic weather the day we arrived so we took the train up the side of the mountain and was treated to a glorious view. The scenery getting to the activities and from one city to the other was just amazing.

The food, with just a couple of exceptions, was fantastic. All was good, but a few meals were more ordinary rather than fantastic. The activities were a wide variety for young and old. A great mix. The hotels in Stresa and Lucerne had wonderful lake views and great locations. The hotel in Zermatt had a little less ambience but great views and location.

We went to Venice for 3 days before our AM adventure began. It helped with jet lag and it was just a 4 1/2 hour train trip to meet up with our tour in Stresa. We did that on our own.

Our weather was fantastic. We had just a couple of drizzly afternoons but it never got cold. I light sweater only for the evenings.

Carol, sorry to keep bugging you, but we had a couple more questions: You mentioned that some of the food was just ordinary. Were those meals that you did with abd or on your own? Were there any restaurants that you fell in love with that you would recommend??

Don't get me wrong, all the food was great. It's just that some of our ABD meals were so fabulous, that in comparison, a few seemed ordinary. Some very unique experiences that we can't rave enough about. The Monterosso Farm for one. We didn't appreciate it enough at the time. Thinking back, we all agreed it was truly amazing.

We tried to eat the specialties of the areas for all the meals we had on our own. Of course any pasta dish in Italy was wonderful. So many quaint places in Stresa. In Zermatt, we fell in love with a traditional Swiss dish called Rosti (it's like hash browns, bacon, cheese and egg all together) which Jason our guide recommended. We had it at a restaurant called Pollux on the main street. We sat on the patio and enjoyed the people watching. Fabulous. Boy, do I ever want to go back. Everyone that takes this trip will have a different experience in Lucerne than we did. You will have more of an opportunity to experience the city. It was Lucerne Fest when we were there and there were 100,000 people in the city for the weekend. Made it hard to get around but got to watch their fireworks from our hotel room. A little bit like watching Wishes from our patio at home.

Hope this helps.

I was also on the trip with Carol and I know she did a good job answering the questions but I thought that the weather was much colder than I had expected. It wa very nice everyday and only rained once but I wish I had packed an extra pair of pants and another sweatshirt or wind jacket. When we stopped during our bus rides sometimes it was colder than I had thought it would be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter