already bought tickets, will I get in?

hannymom

Mouseketeer
I realize everything is speculation now but the limited ticket theory makes sense. I"m wondering if I already have tickets for September and Disney is open with limited amount of tickets available will I get in if I'm not staying on property? thoughts??

Honestly I wouldn't listen to any speculation from anyone. Just wait and see what Disney does. September is still a long way off. What they do for June will not be the same thing they do for September.

Absolutely. Best thing to do is just wait and see. We do not even know at this point when anything will reopen so best thing to do is just to wait and see. Good luck :)

Nobody knows. If they have lower capacity, then... maybe? You need to remember that a ticket in Disney's eyes doesn't guarantee entry to a specific park, just entry to a park. You might not be able to get into the park you want to get into, even if you have a date based ticket.

Nope - no ones knows. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they pick your park for you each day! LOL - then it would be back to EMHs and the mad run to the Fastpass machines . . . ah, the good old days! So much more spontaneous!

"Everyone staying in odd number rooms at Epcot resorts are to go to Animal Kingdom today! Busses leave in 3 minutes!"

This is actually my question about everything. I haven't brought it up with anyone but friends and family, but if they decide they are going to open with limited capacity, how can they possibly keep tabs on who is coming from resorts off-property/residents of Florida/international visitors who may be doing just a few days at WDW?? I know I'm not the one making the choices, but it seems to me that this sort of exclusion might be more problematic than anything. They are really going to have to come up with a strict set of guidelines if they are going to put any of this into place.

I was supposed to be going next week, haven't re-booked yet, but I know of a lot of people who are affected who have now re-booked for the fall. Who knows when this stuff will be up and running yet.

This is actually my question about everything. I haven't brought it up with anyone but friends and family, but if they decide they are going to open with limited capacity, how can they possibly keep tabs on who is coming from resorts off-property/residents of Florida/international visitors who may be doing just a few days at WDW?? I know I'm not the one making the choices, but it seems to me that this sort of exclusion might be more problematic than anything. They are really going to have to come up with a strict set of guidelines if they are going to put any of this into place.

I was supposed to be going next week, haven't re-booked yet, but I know of a lot of people who are affected who have now re-booked for the fall. Who knows when this stuff will be up and running yet.

WDW can very easily check who is staying on-property and what kind of tickets guests have. With a tap of a MB or plastic ticket, WDW knows in an instant if you are staying on property and what kind of ticket you have. Will they put guidelines in place? No one knows, but if they do, they already have the technology to determine quickly any type of on-property, ticket or other membership-type of status (DVC, AP, etc.). This is how they let guests in for EMH, hard-ticket parties, DVC and AP specific park events, etc.

WDW can very easily check who is staying on-property and what kind of tickets guests have. With a tap of a MB or plastic ticket, WDW knows in an instant if you are staying on property and what kind of ticket you have. Will they put guidelines in place? No one knows, but if they do, they already have the technology to determine quickly any type of on-property, ticket or other membership-type of status (DVC, AP, etc.). This is how they let guests in for EMH, hard-ticket parties, DVC and AP specific park events, etc.

For that, I am very familiar with. I get that they can check that sort of thing physically. But if you purchase tickets and you are not staying on property, then they don't know what days you are planning to attend. What I'm trying to figure out is how are they going to be able to turn away a family who has had this vacation planned, but Disney doesn't know WHEN they will be coming. That's what I'm saying. You can't tell me that everyone at the gates is going to let WDW know that they are coming and to what park they will be attending on what day. That would be complete and utter chaos.

For that, I am very familiar with. I get that they can check that sort of thing physically. But if you purchase tickets and you are not staying on property, then they don't know what days you are planning to attend. What I'm trying to figure out is how are they going to be able to turn away a family who has had this vacation planned, but Disney doesn't know WHEN they will be coming. That's what I'm saying. You can't tell me that everyone at the gates is going to let WDW know that they are coming and to what park they will be attending on what day. That would be complete and utter chaos.

Well, for one, WDW sells date-based tickets now, so unless you bought a flexible date ticket or have an AP, they have a very good idea of exactly who is showing up at their parks on any given day.

And two, WDW already has a phased-closure system in place that they use just about every year on holidays like Christmas and New Years. When a park goes into a phased closure, only certain guests are allowed in and if you don't fit one of the criteria to get in under a phased closure, you are turned away even if you have a valid ticket. If WDW wanted to, they could simply tweak this system and make the criteria more narrow or simply lower their capacity and keep their current system. Or even just say, we are in a Phase 3 Park Closure until a certain date and those that do not fit the criteria of Phase 3 will be turned away at the parking lot booths. Will they do it? Who knows? But they already have a system in place to do it if they feel the need to do so.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/park-closing-phases.htm
https://www.usatoday.com/story/trav...m-turns-away-guests-new-years-eve/2785298001/

On or off property doesn’t have anything to do with that. When you buy tickets, you buy X number of days, with Y start date, whether you’re on property or off. A person can just as easily be on property for 8 days, but only have a 4 day ticket. Disney doesn’t know which days that guest is going to which park either.

On or off property doesn’t have anything to do with that. When you buy tickets, you buy X number of days, with Y start date, whether you’re on property or off. A person can just as easily be on property for 8 days, but only have a 4 day ticket. Disney doesn’t know which days that guest is going to which park either.
That's the beauty of fastpass+ , adr's, resort reservations etc... Disney has a pretty darn good idea of what days and what parks that a good percentage of visitors are planning to attend and where and when they plan to eat.
It's the "spur of the moment" or non-planning/loosely planned visitors that are the wild cards in Disney's eyes

Well, for one, WDW sells date-based tickets now, so unless you bought a flexible date ticket or have an AP, they have a very good idea of exactly who is showing up at their parks on any given day.

And two, WDW already has a phased-closure system in place that they use just about every year on holidays like Christmas and New Years. When a park goes into a phased closure, only certain guests are allowed in and if you don't fit one of the criteria to get in under a phased closure, you are turned away even if you have a valid ticket. If WDW wanted to, they could simply tweak this system and make the criteria more narrow or simply lower their capacity and keep their current system. Or even just say, we are in a Phase 3 Park Closure until a certain date and those that do not fit the criteria of Phase 3 will be turned away at the parking lot booths. Will they do it? Who knows? But they already have a system in place to do it if they feel the need to do so.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/park-closing-phases.htm
https://www.usatoday.com/story/trav...m-turns-away-guests-new-years-eve/2785298001/
See my first thought was if you have tickets, you have tickets, everyone's equal. Not being knowledgeable about the subject I didn't know that all tickets are not equal, but I do realize they cut off people during peak holiday. So, now capacity would be a much lower number to create space for a while. A bigger personal bubble. You have to think that the team of people that are responsible for re-booting Disney Parks, with everything considered, are probably as busy as they have ever been trying to cover all ends.

That's the beauty of fastpass+ , adr's, resort reservations etc... Disney has a pretty darn good idea of what days and what parks that a good percentage of visitors are planning to attend and where and when they plan to eat.
It's the "spur of the moment" or non-planning/loosely planned visitors that are the wild cards in Disney's eyes

Yes, you're absolutely right. Date-based tickets would give WDW a general idea of when you are going to the parks within a certain time frame, but with ADRs and FP+, they can, for example, specifically pinpoint when John Smith and his family of 4 are planning to be in DHS and where exactly in the park they plan to be at any given time. They are tracking us!!! :)

See my first thought was if you have tickets, you have tickets, everyone's equal. Not being knowledgeable about the subject I didn't know that all tickets are not equal, but I do realize they cut off people during peak holiday. So, now capacity would be a much lower number to create space for a while. A bigger personal bubble. You have to think that the team of people that are responsible for re-booting Disney Parks, with everything considered, are probably as busy as they have ever been trying to cover all ends.

I totally agree! And with government authorities not giving exact dates and exact protocols, they may not, at this time, even know how to plan for any of this. I would imagine this is very frustrating for anyone trying to plan this on Disney's end.

Honestly I wouldn't listen to any speculation from anyone. Just wait and see what Disney does. September is still a long way off. What they do for June will not be the same thing they do for September.
This!!! ^
Try to stay away from all the sites/comments with nothing but rumors and speculations! It will make you crazy! :crazy:
We are also going in Sept and will just roll with it.... whatever happens!

Nope - no ones knows. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they pick your park for you each day! LOL - then it would be back to EMHs and the mad run to the Fastpass machines . . . ah, the good old days! So much more spontaneous!

"Everyone staying in odd number rooms at Epcot resorts are to go to Animal Kingdom today! Busses leave in 3 minutes!"
This definitely made me LOL!!! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

This!!! ^
Try to stay away from all the sites/comments with nothing but rumors and speculations! It will make you crazy! :crazy:
We are also going in Sept and will just roll with it.... whatever happens!

Agree - I double-checked that we have 30 days prior to our reservations to cancel with full refund, so we will continue thinking about Fastpasses and so forth, and will make decisions based on what is happening as we get closer to December.

Not sure about paying ahead for Candlelight Procession dinner package, tho. That might be a last minute take-what-we-can-get reservation.

Their business model seems to have been pack a ridiculous number of people in the park. My family loves Disney but we have typically had a moment or two every time we visited (both world and land) where we have felt that there were too many people around. If that level of busy is what they need to run, I am not sure what they do if they can't have that many people for a prolonged time. Have played with the idea of next March but am not sure if it wil even be good then.

I feel bad for those of you already booked for sure.

tough times

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter