Als

tnkrbell

DIS Veteran
Hi!!
I have question, My Stepmother runs a ALS Charity in Ma, And is planning on sending a woman and her family to Disney!! Well She had some questions that I thought maybe someone here could answer!!
Ok so Which hotel do you think is the most Wheelchair friendly??? She needs a wheel in shower ect..
Any hotel you think is the least Wheelchair friendly??
Thank yoiu guys for your help in advance!!
Tnk!!

What a nice thing to do. All the hotels do have some fully wheelchair accessible rooms. Here's the phone number for WDW RESORTS/SPECIAL RESERVATIONS
(407) 939-7807 [voice]
(407) 939-7670 [TTY]
After you get some opinions here, you can call them and get the details ironed out.
Our personal favorite place is OKW (we are members of the DVC there, so I guess it has to be). It has the largest rooms and the most laid-back atmosphere. You do have to take buses everywhere though.
BW villas are also great. We found the rooms a little tighter than OKW for getting around with a wheelchair, but the access to Epcot and the Studio makes up for it.
Any of the home away from home places are great since (1 bedroom and up) units have a full kitchen and washer/dryer, it is really nice for anyone with special needs. No one has to get dressed and go out for breakfast or coffee. You can take take your time eating and getting ready. Also if someone needs to rest during the day, there is a separate bedroom where they can lie down undisturbed or you can just relax a while in the living room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter