Am EMH is what time at AK?!!

I did a 7am EMH at AK a few weeks ago and it was the easiest RD (of many) that I've done at AK. As for details: bus pick-up around 6:25am from WL and arrived at AK around 6:45am. Walked directly through security and the turnstiles (the gates were already open), no wait to check MagicBands for EMH, and basically went straight back to FoP without really stopping once I got off the bus. The end of the FoP line was just beyond the ride entrance - the CM's sign had a "60 minute" wait - it wasn't and took less than 20 minutes (the line snaked through the exterior queue, but was routed over to the FP queue once inside). I was off FoP by around 7:20.

Having already spent too much of my life standing outside the AK gates or on the bridge to Pandora for RD, I'll take any day where I can show up right around park opening and never stand in line until I'm at FoP (and even then only a short wait).

I'm up for riding FOP as many times as possible!

The other option is to ride it at park close. Get in line 5 mins before closing and u will likely wait 30-60 mins. And get to check out the amazing standby queue.

Plus you get the additional treat of seeing sunrise in Pandora - quite amazing as the light starts hitting the tops of the floating mountains and arches first.
D38F5B65-5F86-4127-947E-81C6EB8963DF.jpeg

We loved it and it was COLD when we went last year. We walked on NRJ and then went to the rest of the park. There was NO LINE at Starbucks. It was like a dream. Had the rest of the park to ourselves. Totally worth getting up that early. My husband rode EE 4 times in a row lol.

I'm going in with this attitude. I would rather wake up early and enjoy the non-congested park and try for a nap in the afternoon when it's hot and crazy. And now we can get in lots of EE rides early because it's my son's favorite. Our FP for FOP is later in our trip, so we'll make the most of this. Keep checking for a FP opening though. They do happen! Slinky Dog though, I'm still struggling to get that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter