Am I being over ambitious?

I would keep Crystal Palace and Tusker House PPO. It is really nice to walk down Main Street and not have anyone there. Same with AK. As for Garden Grill and BOG I would switch those to lunch to balance it out. I don't think you need two PPO in MK. Not sure on your other plans or how that lays out. GG is awesome for lunch or dinner. BOG is a great CS for lunch but has switched to signature for dinner so keep that in mind.
MK opens gates at 8 or everyone now for 9 park opening up to the hub so Crystal Palace is in the preopening hold area

With the new opening procedure at MK everyone gets in up to the hub. Therefore CP puts you behind the rope drop crowd and you can’t really even get good castle shots. BOG still gets you back to SDMT or PP ahead of the rope drop crowd.

Just out of curiosity why would BOG have PPO perks and not CP? I would assume getting into MK before opening would be the goal regardless of where you eat? Or does CP not do PPO ADR's anymore? I am not being snarky really asking for my own planning and knowledge lol!

With the new opening procedure at MK everyone gets in up to the hub. Therefore CP puts you behind the rope drop crowd and you can’t really even get good castle shots. BOG still gets you back to SDMT or PP ahead of the rope drop crowd.

I myself have never scheduled more than one breakfast for a WDW trip. Waking up before dawn and getting myself and my family ready to travel some place to rush through a full breakfast so we can quickly hop on rides sounds like too much work for vacation. Especially doing that multiple days.

Also, you just don’t know how your kids are going to react to all the stimulation they’ll get at WDW. They may keep themselves up late at night and then be super difficult early in the morning.

You’ll enjoy your trip more if you keep your plans more flexible. Unless you have the regular or Deluxe dining plan, there is no need to have an ADR every day of your trip, much less before park opening every morning.

Personally, we enjoy having at least one day to sleep in on our trips. But, we also come from Colorado and the 2 hour time change can be a little difficult sometimes. I would potentially remove whichever reservation you care the least about, just to give yourself a little time to relax and sleep in.

I myself have never scheduled more than one breakfast for a WDW trip. Waking up before dawn and getting myself and my family ready to travel some place to rush through a full breakfast so we can quickly hop on rides sounds like too much work for vacation. Especially doing that multiple days.

Also, you just don’t know how your kids are going to react to all the stimulation they’ll get at WDW. They may keep themselves up late at night and then be super difficult early in the morning.

You’ll enjoy your trip more if you keep your plans more flexible. Unless you have the regular or Deluxe dining plan, there is no need to have an ADR every day of your trip, much less before park opening every morning.

We tend to schedule one, maybe two at the most, PPO meals. That way we have an incentive to get up and out early for one or two parks. More than that would put a lot of pressure on us, and that an ruin an entire day. We always are out at a decent time, but no one is worried we will be late for and ADR, or upset if we are moving slowly.

Each trip we take, we seem to do less and less sit down breakfasts. It's a lot to get everyone up and going plus the added stress of rushing around to make buses and get to the park in time. The last couple trips we just grab something quick at the resort and head out. You will all be exhausted after a few days. My kids are early risers but after a few days at Disney, they are dragging. Usually we hit the park running and save our sit down meal for lunch time when we are all ready for a break.

For your first trip, I would pick 2 that you really want to do (Crystal Palace and Garden Grill would get my vote) and switch the others to lunch or dinner. Tusker House is good to hit at around 10:30 so you can get both breakfast and lunch. So maybe rope drop AK and then plan for an early lunch at Tusker. BOG doesn't have any characters and I think is just fine for lunch, at dinner it's going to signature which I'm not sure is something that fits with your plans. I wasn't overly impressed with the breakfast there although you can get in line for Mine Train ride afterwards since it's right there.

Last edited:

A good strategy for us when our children were younger was to make the latest breakfast reservation around 11:00. We would get to the park at EMH starting time and enjoy the lesser crowds...especially at Magic Kingdom we would hit all the rides in Fantasyland at least twice and then eat lunch and then if we were at Epcot or MK we would take a monorail ride and keep them in their stroller. They would fall asleep and hubby and I would find somewhere with an awesome AC and just chill. Whenever they woke up we would hit the parks again...maybe take in a parade or just ride more rides. We tried to take them back to the resort for nap time, but they just ended up wanting to bounce off the walls while hubby and I wanted to take a nap! :-)

I think if you make your ressies too early every day you will be maxed out. My family usually hit the wall on the fourth morning of being there. On that day it was a sleep in...hang out at the resort pool day...go to Disney Springs...resort hop... kind of day...(even me...and I can't sleep at WDW because I am too excited...I wouldn't sleep in, but it sure was nice to just take a leisurely morning stroll around the resort.)

If these are important to you, I would keep and recommend Minnie Vans. I'd say uber but no guaranteed car seat/booster for your 3yo. Might help not having to be at the bus so early. Personally Garden Grill is my favorite breakfast because its family style. No stressful buffet runs while trying not to miss characters. Sometimes they put you on Soarin' before park opening.

Depends on what you have planned the nights before. I avoid having a late night followed by a PPO ADR. But multiple PPO ADRs is fine for us if we have multiple nights in a row that aren't late.

Depends on what you have planned the nights before. I avoid having a late night followed by a PPO ADR. But multiple PPO ADRs is fine for us if we have multiple nights in a row that aren't late.

Or a heavy dinner the night before. I know after a heavy dinner I'm not ready for breakfast at 8 am.

Ahhh I see. Now I understand. That makes sense. In the past it didn't matter! Good point!

My family and I are headed to for our first trip in October of this year. My DS is 3 and my DD is 7. I have PPO ADRs for Crystal Palace, Tusker House, Garden Grill, then Be Our Guest all one day after the other. Am I being crazy thinking we can do these early mornings one after another? Should I aim for later breakfasts and just attempt to rope drop some of these days instead? Will we be rushing too much to enjoy the meals? I have so many questions!
You know how your family is walking up better than us. My juvenile travel companions are for the most part late sleepers so if I haven't any early FPs I can tell them about before we go to bed I let them sleep in for the most part. That being said we don't eat much in the way of hot sitdown breakfasts in restaurants. It's all fresh fruit, yogurt and shared pastries/breads. Mimics our home meal starts and ensures less tummy issues since we like to do park thrill rides first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter