Am I figuring this right?

yooperfan

Hi HO, hi ho, it's off to work we go
A mod resort, standard view with AP dining package the room comes out to aprox. $96 + tx weekdays, no park passes necessary. If you have a 40% AP room only code for the same period, reg. room rate would be $149 per night. That would make your room rate approx. $89 per night. Could you add the dining to the AP room only code and actually end up paying less for you room? Would they let you do this?

Dining plans can only be added to packages, so if the code is specifically "room only" dining can't be added to it. There are separate codes for promo packages, AP packages, etc.

A CM told me a few weeks ago they currently have over 800 codes to go through for the various promotions and plans. Even rack rate packages or rooms have a code for the Disney res system.

As far as your $5/night difference, could be a lot of things. Days of the week, season, etc. Some promos state "up to XX% off", so the 40% may or may not be applicable to all of your nights.

Dining plans can only be added to packages, so if the code is specifically "room only" dining can't be added to it. There are separate codes for promo packages, AP packages, etc.
Not quite true for an AP rate. You can book a room-only AP rate, and then convert it to a package by adding the dining plan without tickets. It's one of the perks of having an AP.

I booked under the 40% AP PIN and was asked numerous times if I wanted the dining plan (I didn't, but that's a whole different story!).

Is that for all AP holders? Or is it one of those special things they send to you? Does it have a restriction to only one room? we're wanting to do like 3 cabins in September with the dining plan, but my DH is military and we can get tickets LOTS cheaper on base, I don't have an AP now, but will get one if I can get the rates that way!! With 3 cabins and 15 people, it'll get a little pricey! We do want the dining plan, but don't want to have to get the tickets on the plan.....we want everyone to be able to get their own tickets. Weird, I know, but it's easier, trust me!

All AP holders can book a room with an AP rate (if available, of course) and add the dining plan. That is restricted to one room per adult AP (child AP doesn't count).

It has been reported that AP PINs can be used for up to 3 rooms.

Not quite true for an AP rate. You can book a room-only AP rate, and then convert it to a package by adding the dining plan without tickets. It's one of the perks of having an AP.

I booked under the 40% AP PIN and was asked numerous times if I wanted the dining plan (I didn't, but that's a whole different story!).

Do you have to get a one day ticket with the dining plan with an AP room discount?:confused3

Do you have to get a one day ticket with the dining plan with an AP room discount?:confused3
OK, let's try this one more time. You DO NOT have to get a one day ticket with an AP room discount to buy the dining plan. You DO NOT have to get a one day ticket to buy the dining plan if you have an AP, even if you don't get an AP rate. One room per adult AP holder, who must be the lead guest on the reservation.

You DO have to get a ticket for other, non-AP package promotions, like 4/3 or free dining (and sometimes those packages have their own ticket restrictions).

Clear?

I'm sorry. I was confused because I read on another site that you must purchase a one day ticket, then I found this thread. I apologize. No more dumb questions.:)

I'm sorry. I was confused because I read on another site that you must purchase a one day ticket, then I found this thread. I apologize. No more dumb questions.:)

A man I admired greatly growing up taught me there is no such thing. No worries! :hug:

I'm sorry I was short with my response; I was having a bad day, and shouldn't have taken it out on you.:flower3: Forgiven?

To put a slight variation on the previous poster's statement, I was taught that the only stupid question is the one you DON'T ask. So please, keep asking! And I'll try to be nicer in the future.

Hey from another Cincinnatian, Mary Jo!

Only the AP code/discounts permit you to add dining w/o getting the one day base ticket. However, I found the AP room rates to be higher than the Disney Visa code that I have. For my upcoming trip the total cost to add dining and a one day base ticket to my Disney Visa room only was $900. The cost for me to switch to the AP code, no base ticket and dining was $868. So, in effect, if I stick with the Disney Visa code, I will get my ticket for $32 even though I am paying $85 for it! :rotfl:

So, I am leaning towards keeping the Disney Visa code and adding the package...how can I turn down a ticket for $32?!

What if they come out with room only AP discounts for all AP holder, not just those getting email pins, and they are say $89 per night instead of the $96 per night with the present pin for a moderate? Would it then be cheaper to add dining to the lower room rate or would they consider that to be the same as the pin codes for AP with dining out for some people now? I am trying to find the cheapest angle here!:surfweb:

YF--I was quoted the AP rate without having a PIN or code. So, I figured the AP rate was out for all AP holders. :confused3 This was on Wednesday 10/21 that I called.

FWIW Here is the "history" of my reservation (6 nights POR stndrd 1/7-1/13)

8/2 booked room only @ rack :-)scared1:) $1042
8/3 changed to AAA rate $831
10/? changed to Disney Visa rate $632

10/21 called to inquire about adding dining and about the AP rate. I did not mention a PIN or code for the AP rate. I was quoted $685 for the AP rate room only for the same dates. To add dining and a one day ticket to my current (Disney Visa) reservation would be a total of $900. Too add dining to the AP rate w/o the one day ticket would be $868. So, for the $32 I think I will get the extra ticket and stick with the Disney Visa rate.

YF--I was quoted the AP rate without having a PIN or code. So, I figured the AP rate was out for all AP holders. :confused3 This was on Wednesday 10/21 that I called.

FWIW Here is the "history" of my reservation (6 nights POR stndrd 1/7-1/13)

8/2 booked room only @ rack :-)scared1:) $1042
8/3 changed to AAA rate $831
10/? changed to Disney Visa rate $632

10/21 called to inquire about adding dining and about the AP rate. I did not mention a PIN or code for the AP rate. I was quoted $685 for the AP rate room only for the same dates. To add dining and a one day ticket to my current (Disney Visa) reservation would be a total of $900. Too add dining to the AP rate w/o the one day ticket would be $868. So, for the $32 I think I will get the extra ticket and stick with the Disney Visa rate.

How many people do you have on the dining plan, which dining plan is it and was that tax included. Thanks.

Sorry to leave that out, YF.

This is a solo trip for me for marathon weekend. I have the QSDP for 6 nights. The one day ticket costs $85 and the QSDP is $32/night. Tax is included in the numbers given. I think the standard DP would be about $60 more.

Just the Goofy next year. May be heading to Italy on 3/8 which would interfere with the Princess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter