Am I looking for the impossible? A QUIET restaurant...

goin' again

Earning My Ears
Looking to make a reservation for 6 in October, in DS or a WDW hotel. My FIL wears hearing aids and if the dining room is noisy he can't hear anything. Any suggestions? (Victoria and Albert is out of the que$$$tion)
TIA for any suggestions! :)

I haven't been in Citricos since it reopened, but the WDW restaurants are all somewhere between noisy and OMG get me outta here noisy. The Boathouse has some outdoor dining, it's not as noisy outside as it is inside.

ETA: It's still very hot in early October, so keep that in mind if you choose to try an outdoor spot.

Il Mulino at the Swan has some corners that are fairly quiet. Shula's at the Dolphin may be a possibility but I haven't dined there to know for certain.

We agree with the BlueZoo recommendation. Not many that are 'quiet', but that has been a quieter experience for us - great food, too!

Shula's at the Dolphin may be a possibility
Forgot about Shula's! Been years since we were there, but it's an old school style steakhouse--low lighting, dark wood, and it probably is a bit quieter.

Grand Floridian Cafe is a nice spot, especially for lunch. I don't know if it's quiet, but it's not the madhouse that many of the eateries at WDW are.

Like mentioned above, go at an off time. Especially if a restaurant closes between lunch and dinner. Get the latest lunch time you can get and by mid meal, there’s very few people left in the restaurant.
Years ago, we had a 2:30 at Kona Cafe. We didn’t finish until nearly 4pm and nobody else was around. It was awesome.
Not sure if places still “close” between lunch and dinner anymore though.

Make dining reservations at off times. LATE lunches or EARLY dinners. That's when all the restaurants are quieter.

Two that are in parks: Tiffins at the right time of day is quiet, and as stated above San Angel Inn - I just remember this contrast of the bustling marketplace and the relatively serene setting of eating in what felt like an outdoor courtyard of a small Yucatense pueblo - all under the same roof! - and being in awe of how they pulled that off.

For resorts, Toledo at the Coronado was quiet. I haven't been yet but the Swan/Dolphin suggestions seem like they might be good if for no other reason than that they always seem to have plenty of reservations available, so if nothing else there's a good chance they can find a spot in their restaurants that is on the quiet side.

For DS, the one time I was at Morimoto it was quiet. We were upstairs and there was a good amount of space between tables, so even though the restaurant was full it didn't feel noisy.

I would recommend noise cancelling headphones. You can communicate with your table guests through your phones. :)

The quietest & most relaxing place we’ve ever eaten is The Brown Derby Lounge. It’s outside & very small. I think they only take walk up lists rather than an actual reservation, but they will text you when your table is ready so you could be doing something else while waiting. And you can order from the full Brown Derby menu, if you want.

Looking to make a reservation for 6 in October, in DS or a WDW hotel. My FIL wears hearing aids and if the dining room is noisy he can't hear anything. Any suggestions? (Victoria and Albert is out of the que$$$tion)
TIA for any suggestions! :)
Sanaa seemed quiet to me..and that bread service ahhhhhh

We have had very pleasant, quiet meals outdoors at Trattoria Al Forno. I don’t believe they will guarantee an outdoor table when you make your reservation but we had no problems getting them during our most recent trips for dinner and brunch (which were both excellent).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter