Am I looking for the impossible? A QUIET restaurant...

Sci-fi Dine-in is the quietest restaurant at WDW.

I haven't been to a lot of the other restaurants mentioned but Sci-Fi is very quiet. It's why we eat there (quiet + dark and cool), and I have to say, the food in August was way better than we all expected. I think it's quiet because most people are paired up in cars so tough to talk, plus they're watching the movies. So...if you want to chat it might not be the best spot. :)

The most relaxing dinner we've had on property was at Flying Fish. If we're looking for a quiet experience with fewer kids, we opt for seafood-heavy restaurants and later reservation times (8:30+). That combo usually seems to work :)

Counterintuitively, most of the hotel "lounges" (i.e., bars) at WDW are often very quiet--with Trader Sam's and perhaps Geyser Point as the only exceptions. The menus are not as extensive full TS restaurants but often the food is quite nice. Ale & Compass Lounge, Crew's Cup lounge, and Enchanted Rose come to mind as places I've enjoyed a quiet evening.
I am specifically looking for somewhere with a full menu, but continuing dinner conversation in the Lounge would be a great idea!

I haven't been in awhile but I don't remember California Grill being too loud. Grand Floridian Cafe was pretty quiet when we went. Same with Story Book Dining.

I haven't been to a lot of the other restaurants mentioned but Sci-Fi is very quiet. It's why we eat there (quiet + dark and cool), and I have to say, the food in August was way better than we all expected. I think it's quiet because most people are paired up in cars so tough to talk, plus they're watching the movies. So...if you want to chat it might not be the best spot. :)
I agree that the cars make it difficult to talk to anyone other than the person beside you. Someone looking for a quiet meal, but still wanting to talk to their tablemates, could request a table in the back.

Geyser Point, the newish outdoor lounge/QS at WL.

Good food and a bit isolated from the noise around WL itself. Relaxing after a hectic parks day.

A great place to combine a sandwiches/bar snacks dinner and watching MK fireworks. Terrific view from there, particularly if you go out to the lake edge.

Agreeing that GF Cafe and Citricos are generally fairly quiet, particularly for an early dinner. We try to hit GF Cafe for a 1:00-1:30 lunch when there'll be very few there.

I haven't been in awhile but I don't remember California Grill being too loud. Grand Floridian Cafe was pretty quiet when we went. Same with Story Book Dining.
Cali Grill is deafeningly noisy anymore. We tend to book at around 6:00, a very early dinner for many.

Another vote for Ale and Compass in The Yacht Club. Great food, peaceful atmosphere and wonderful CMs. We enjoy breakfast and dinner there whenever we can.
Our favorite on-property lunch is here. Lately they've only been filling perhaps a third to half the tables and it's always been pretty quiet.

Jill has always been peaceful. We usually get early reservations at the signature restaurants at the hotels. The park restaurants seem nosier except for Tiffins. Avoid Be Our Guest. It sounds like a school cafeteria.

We ate outside at the Polite Pig in Disney Springs and it was pretty good. Not horribly loud. For some reason Disney restaurants tend to be deafeningly loud - either because of too many hard surfaces or because they choose to crank up the music volume. If you really want quieter go off property.

Last edited:
I am at the opposite end of the spectrum with two boys in tow and so quiet makes me uncomfortable, because then if there's noise, I know who it's coming from! That said, we had a very quiet meal, where I found myself asking my kiddos to lower their voices, at a 5:00 reservation at Steakhouse 21. As the restaurant started to fill up, it got noisier but never loud.

The Turf Club at Saratoga Springs was very quiet when I was there a few months ago. The food and service were both excellent. I will definitely go back.

But unfortunately even a typically "quiet" restaurant can become noisy just by who else is there. I see Tiffins has been brought up many times on this thread, but during my only experience there, a party with extremely loud and rambunctious kids were seated in the booth next to us-it was awful. Just luck of the draw.

Looking to make a reservation for 6 in October, in DS or a WDW hotel. My FIL wears hearing aids and if the dining room is noisy he can't hear anything. Any suggestions? (Victoria and Albert is out of the que$$$tion)
TIA for any suggestions! :)
I'd recommend eating at off times to hopefully avoid crowds but I do think the GFC is always pretty quiet, likely due to the expanse of carpeting as is Citricos. Geyser Point (QS) is quiet but it's covered outdoor dining and on a lake, that's so pretty and never loud but could be hot depending on time of day. It's been a few years but I recall Le Cellier being pretty quiet too.

I'd recommend eating at off times to hopefully avoid crowds but I do think the GFC is always pretty quiet, likely due to the expanse of carpeting as is Citricos. Geyser Point (QS) is quiet but it's covered outdoor dining and on a lake, that's so pretty and never loud but could be hot depending on time of day. It's been a few years but I recall Le Cellier being pretty quiet too.
As I research restaurants I've been looking at photos to see if is carpeted or hard flooring :rolleyes2

Think resort restaurants at off hours. Like 10am for breakfast and 2-3pm for lunch/dinner. In fact this is how we eat normally, eating a later breakfast and a "linner/dunch" meal, filling on the gaps with snacks.

As I research restaurants I've been looking at photos to see if is carpeted or hard flooring :rolleyes2
That will help but it's still not 100% accurate. A lot of the older MK restaurants have carpet and they're still super loud. I just think it's unavoidable when you have so many small children, loud music, tall ceilings and a lot of glass/windows. Oh, I did just remember for QS, if you eat at Pinocchio Village Haus, go upstairs. There is an outdoor balcony and indoor area and when they're open, sometimes it's roped off, it's so quiet up there, I mean not a soul. And the balcony is so cute since it faces the carousel.

Think resort restaurants at off hours. Like 10am for breakfast and 2-3pm for lunch/dinner. In fact this is how we eat normally, eating a later breakfast and a "linner/dunch" meal, filling on the gaps with snacks.
Definitely looking at 5pm or 8 pm for dinner

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter