Am I missing anything big that needs to be budgeted in....

jf256

Mouseketeer
we are going to disney in 2020 for 10 days.. 2 adults.. the first time and likely the last time for about 10 years. We are getting the deluxe plan and we are planning on eating at a few (not many) qs restaurants...

If the dp deal stays the same in. 2020... it's been the same for years for the UK.. we will get free standard dining and will pay around £600 for the upgrade.

For 30 credits we will likely get:

• 5 1 credit breakfasts
  • 6 1 credit lunches
  • 2 2 credit lunch / breakf.
  • 5 2 signature dinners
  • 5 1 credit dinners

It may not be the most cost effective way.. but in the UK room only isn't really a thing.

out of pocket I've estimated $30 for breakfast - likely less as I have an egg allergy so breakfast is hard. 40 dollars for lunch 50 dollars for dinner and 75 dollars for signature.

therefore the $750 dollars it would cost for the signature dining basically pays for the cost of the package.

Here is a rough breakdown if anyone has any different tips or suggestions.As I need to start saving now...

• 10 nights AKL Club .. only a few hundred over savannah room and I would be more comfortable with my allergy having a concierge - also free coffee and cans of drink would be handy.
  • 1 day universal with fast pass.
  • 14 day ultimate ticket - obv using 11 days max
  • economy flight to Orlando and premium economy double luggage allowance on way back from London.
  • tips and drinks (about 700 dollars tips .. 200 on drinks? no alcohol and coffee in the morning from lounge.)
  • souvenirs
  • hard ticket events nsshp
I keep reading about taxes on services and stuff you buy.Is this like vat or is it a different number each time?

Why buy a 14 day ticket if you are not going to use it?
I also don't understand when you say, room only isn't and option?? Call and make a room only reservation 1-407-wdisney

Anyway, always plan and save extra. If your budget is $750 for food, I would save $1000. Of course I have kids so we prob end up buying some extras here and there that we might not if it was just the adults

Why buy a 14 day ticket if you are not going to use it?
I also don't understand when you say, room only isn't and option?? Call and make a room only reservation 1-407-wdisney

Anyway, always plan and save extra. If your budget is $750 for food, I would save $1000. Of course I have kids so we prob end up buying some extras here and there that we might not if it was just the adults

14-day tickets from UK include the photopass/memories thingy and are a lot cheaper than a 10-day pass in the US

I keep reading about taxes on services and stuff you buy.Is this like vat or is it a different number each time?

Taxes are sales taxes on the merchandise and food that you purchase. It ranges from 6% to 8%, depending on where you are at WDW or the resorts (something about certain parts of WDW being in a different county).

To the OP, I don't think you're missing anything. You won't get much out of the concierge amenities since you'll be on the dining plan, but the area is a nice spot to relax in. We didn't use the concierge for anything other than booking a few fast passes (internet connection wasn't working well) but they are friendly.

Taxes are sales taxes on the merchandise and food that you purchase. It ranges from 6% to 8%, depending on where you are at WDW or the resorts (something about certain parts of WDW being in a different county).

To the OP, I don't think you're missing anything. You won't get much out of the concierge amenities since you'll be on the dining plan, but the area is a nice spot to relax in. We didn't use the concierge for anything other than booking a few fast passes (internet connection wasn't working well) but they are friendly.

OP, if you have any concerns regarding budget, maybe consider not doing CL at AKL? If you are on the dining plan, you will get a refillable mug, so can get the coffee and soda you mention at the Mara instead of going up to the CL lounge. Just wanted to throw that out there if you want to save some money!

14-day tickets from UK include the photopass/memories thingy and are a lot cheaper than a 10-day pass in the US

yeah for 2019 it is 758 for 14 days.. or 10 days ... or 7 days as they often have a 14 days for 7 deal. That's for 2 adults. So it is not worth only buying a 7 day ticket really.

I may consider not going concierge but will look at the price difference at the time. thanks for clarifying the sales tax,, in the UK we have 20 percent vat but it is usually included in the price. So for ease I'll probably just add 10 percent on in the shops etc as it is easier to work it out.

Thanks for the asssistance

Why just 10 days? I would skip concierge and add more time. You get a refillable mug for coffee and soda to use in the quick service restaurant.

Just speaking from experience, whenever I travel somewhere with a big time difference like to Europe or Hawaii it takes me days to adjust. I am always determined to say I will prevail and not let it affect me but every single time it does! I am not big on 14 days at Disney but in your case I would say do it. So my suggestion is add more time even if that means foregoing the Deluxe dining and sticking to Regular. I have a feeling you will want more quick service nights than you think. Too many sit downs can really alter your Disney experience and not always in a good way.

You are so far off though who knows what prices and deals will change by 2020. Yet having that much time is in your favor for something like renting DVC.

If you are renting a car there will be the resort parking fee. Otherwise, you might need to budget for any taxis or ride shares (i.e., to Universal).

I do think the deluxe dining plan is a lot of food, especially if you're staying club level. I would keep club level but skip the upgrade to the deluxe plan.

Have fun!

If you are renting a car there will be the resort parking fee. Otherwise, you might need to budget for any taxis or ride shares (i.e., to Universal).

I do think the deluxe dining plan is a lot of food, especially if you're staying club level. I would keep club level but skip the upgrade to the deluxe plan.

Have fun!

Hey, as long as the dining plan stays the same next year it doesn't make sense for us not to upgrade.

I am an appetizer over dessert girl and will want to eat at lots of signature dining restaurants. I personally can't see us using even half of the qs credits but will likely have lunch and dinner totalling 3 credits several times. As it is only about 30 pounds (40 dollars each) I think we would end up spending considerably more with added extras on the standard plan. My bf is a fillet steak kind of guy and I'm a seafood kind of gal so the signatures seem to be best option.

if we do end up with any credits left can we use them to pay for another family's meal... pay it forward. or is it easier to do this at the qs counter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter