Am I missing anything?

AFloridaMommy

Earning My Ears
We are planning our family vacation this year.

DS has SPD and ADHD, loud noises and crowds cause more difficulties than the norm. Long wait times in close crowded areas without movement is quite hard for him. It will result in major meltdowns.

We went with my parents last year during MLK weekend...it was bad, like real bad.

So this year we are planning to go from 2/2-2/6 (Tues-Sat), which according to crowd calendars for 2016 are quite low until the 6th when the cheerleading competition starts.

We plan on arriving to the parks before rope drop requesting for the DAS accomidation (if qualified) and then go to the most popular rides first to avoid any major crowds. Also, one of us will stay with the kids and the other will go to the ride attendant to request a time to return when applicable.

We will be bringing noise cancelling headphones, snacks, drinks and will be applying for his stroller to be used as a wheelchair too.

you know your son the best and what he need people on here could tell you what works for them just because two people have the same DX dose not mean they need the same things. I think with your plan it can work for your son just remember that things do and probably will change and that is ok so if at 2 pm your son say he has had enough head back to the hotel for some down time do not try to push him too much and take things slow

another thing that helps me is quiet areas if your in line when a melt down happens ask a CM where a quiet place is I have been alwoud to sit back stage when I needed a break ( this only happens in a very few places)

also rope drops can be very crowded so be careful

and if you have a few people in your group that can give him some extra room to move in lines you may find that helps

I think you have a good plan. As the PP said, you know your child best. You didn't mention making FP+, and I'm not sure if you are planning to. I highly recommend it. We use FP+ in conjunction with the DAS and find it works very well for us. My DS7 can only handle about 4 rides in a day, so we pick 3 on FP+ and get a return time on his DAS for the fourth ride as we pass by it. We keep park criss crossing to an absolute minimum and when he is done, he's done and we go back to our resort for the afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter