Am i reading too much into this?

snowgracefulstone

Mouseketeer
Last night I spent quite a long time hanging out and talking with a certain staff member ( I am not gonna name the person, dont want to run any chance of getting them in trouble), well ppl were repeatedly asking said staff member if their was any chance vmk was going to open back up, well staff ignored those particular questions for about 20 minutes when all of a sudden this answer (quoted exactly verbatim) popped up on the screen... " I dont know....guess we will just have to wait and see :)" I have to admit, this has ignited just the tiniest spark of hope. any thoughts?

Thats Great! well, i dont really want to get my hopes up or anything just yet... but i still hope there is a chance of that happening.

No - don't get your hopes up. That staff member, I know his title ;), is probably just tired of answering the same question over and over.

Do not get your hopes up. Consider tonight as the last night on VMK and get some closure! Enjoy the day, but don't raise false hopes, in you or others.

No - don't get your hopes up. That staff member, I know his title ;), is probably just tired of answering the same question over and over.

Do not get your hopes up. Consider tonight as the last night on VMK and get some closure! Enjoy the day, but don't raise false hopes, in you or others.

I have a couple of comments to this...first no you dont know the staffs name, i never even inferred whether they were male or female. And by you insinuating it was a him, could get someone in trouble that had nothing to do with this. secondly, i highly doubt any staff member would give an answer like that because they "were tired of answering the same question over and over" And lastly i never posted to raise false hopes in anyone, which is why i didnt post till this morning (I thought long and hard on whether i even should), I just repeated a conversation that i took part in, and i repeated it exactly like it took place.

Hi
Wasnt geggy just giving his opinion?
I do not think it will reopen ,things have been left to late for that.
If it returns as a pay to play ,then i assume we have to start again, (which is fine ) As his would be unfair on the players who have given stuff away ,so that others may have a few dreams come true before the close.
It would be a shame to see the people that have helped others get a bad deal.
So sorry people i do not think it will reopen as we know it, if at all!!

Don't get your hopes up. They have struggled with that question from the beginning honest. They just dont want people to lose hope so they dont want to say outright NO. The most important reason is they really have no idea whats going on either. The ball is in Disney's court, they dont even work for Disney.

btw there are Lots of male staff ;)

...I just repeated a conversation that i took part in, and i repeated it exactly like it took place....
Your first post asked for thoughts, and I gave you mine. ;)

I have no desire to have an argument on the last day of VMK's existence. However, I really don't want the kids who read these threads to get their hopes up falsely. Every indication from every reliable source points toward VMK closing for good today, and coming to grips with that reality on this last day is probably the best thing for us all.

You did not indicate the gender, nor the name of the staff person, but I know from friends that there was a particular male staff member (and Aengus is correct, there are lots of males on staff ;)) saying there's a chance that VMK might reopen after today's close.

Yes, in the realm of infinite possibilities, there is an infinitesimal chance that VMK will reopen after today. Should we get our hopes up? Not in my opinion.

I am sure like Aengus stated that the hosts dont know very much about the future of Disney online gaming...
I am also sure that they have been prompted BY Disney to keep responses as polite and Vague as possible as to keep intrest in OTHER disney games existing and in development.

By saying "wait and see" they are telling people keep checking the Disney pages and look for the NEW games that are coming out, they are being polite providing a vague answer and keeping you interested in Disney as a whole.

By saying "wait and see" they are telling people keep checking the Disney pages and look for the NEW games that are coming out, they are being polite providing a vague answer and keeping you interested in Disney as a whole.

probably key right there :thumbsup2

They dont want to crush your dreams, they want you to look at the disney game portal until you decide to try out there other games.

probably key right there :thumbsup2

They dont want to crush your dreams, they want you to look at the disney game portal until you decide to try out there other games.

Yep. I agree that VMK may not open again. But you never know. If we keep campaigning Disney that we want VMK, and if enough people do it, they just might do it. Whether it would be the VMK we know or not is another story.

I have yet to see another Disney game I would play. Let alone pay to play. BTW, has anyone checked out that newest game yet?

I have yet to see another Disney game I would play. Let alone pay to play. BTW, has anyone checked out that newest game yet?

DGamer? Funny you should ask, I was just about to make a thread about it.. there's not much you can do from your PC, but I've discovered that it's pretty neat if you play it from a DS (and I haven't even accessed it from the DS yet). I picked up the Prince Caspian game last night in the Emporium and was blown away by how actually good the game was. I mean, Disney is usually awful at making video games. Especially for the DS. But Prince Caspian is a step in the right direction. In fact, it's a leap. Anyway, about DGamer. I haven't actually entered it yet from the DS since there's no wireless internet access at Port Orleans Riverside ;) but playing through the Prince Caspian game, you can unlock things for your DGamer avatar, and honors for your account. And they don't sound lame - they sound awesome. Can't wait to get back to where there's wireless and check out DGamer from my DS.

If anyone else has DGamer, you can add me to your friends list. I'm DisIm there, too. :)

Of course, all of this being said, DGamer may someday surpass VMK in terms of fun and quality, but it's definitely nowhere near there yet :( I'm so sad VMK is closing.

There are a couple dgamer threads but they are burried now, I think we were all excited when we first saw it, but then it became apparent it was not quite what we were looking for.

Lol ok just to add my two sense I had the same thought as Geggy when I first read this post, It sounds more like a vague answer given to slow down the bombardment of the same question, saying we'll have to wait and see is a natural response to anything, you can say that not knowing, that's the idea i've been running off since they announced it, in my opinion there is a 99.9% chance VMK is going down today, whether it's coming back, being deleted, whatever I don't know, we will in fact have to wait and see, but whatever happens treat today like it's your last day, and enjoy yourself, if it stays around or comes back Well then we can Go back to the pretty Green avatars and dance circles around our evilly glorious Tiki Bonfires of Doom :) in our super shiny castle suites of doom!!!! If not? well then we just make vmk memory videos of it :) and we remember our friends in the future. I'm more sad to see it go the way it has with so much upheavel and lack of communication but even if it comes back, one day it WILL end like all things do, as he said, we'll have to wait and see, until then let's live today so we dont regret it tomorrow :D :thumbsup2

Please as my last wish apon any star that is lost and falls over me keep vmk open please........

There are a couple dgamer threads but they are burried now, I think we were all excited when we first saw it, but then it became apparent it was not quite what we were looking for.

That's been the whole problem all along -
They want us to move on, but the 'next step' is not quite what we're looking for.

I could rant for hours about what they "don't get"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter