• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Am i really getting up at 4 am.... when i don't even know the park plans?

notrub98

DIS Veteran
There are approximately 2.5 million posts complaining about lack of knowledge and the requirement to make plans without knowledge of Disney's park hours / plans..... so I just felt I would add one more :-). I am traveling this week to the West Coast so I am really getting up at 4 am to book FP for a set of calendars that don't have full info?

Not happy, Iger. Not happy.

Ok, mini-vent over.

We have all done it( not as early). The incomplete calendars are a pain. I just figured out which parks we would be at according to crowd calendars and made the Fastpasses around any meal plans. It will be worth it

Yeah that was kind of a drag this year not knowing until much closer to trip. The TA calendar link is still reliable for knowing which parks will have EMH. If that's a consideration in your planning you can at least determine which park you want to be at each day and plan FP accordingly. :surfweb:

I don't blame you for venting. I wouldn't be happy either.

It is getting more difficult. I don't like the fact that WDW expects us to know our plans and book them so they can then change their's to staff for expected crowds which I suspect they are doing. They are using FP+ bookings, hotel bookings, ticket purchases and general information to consider hours and offerings (additional Fantasmic! showing etc.) after everyone has been booked. They are using MDE to the fullest to mine data. They can then adjust staffing, ride availability etc. and park hours based on expected demand. They can't do this 60 days in advance and maybe not even 30.

After the adjustments are made, those of us with plans months in advance have to scramble due to the changes (with our savvy knowledge afforded by our research). I think WDW wanted to use MDE to add adjustability to their systems but longer term planners suffer as a result.

Just my two cents.

I think WDW wanted to use MDE to add adjustability to their systems but longer term planners suffer as a result.

Yeah, that wouldn't be such a big deal except, as you note, that Disney basically forces you to be a long-term planner if you want to go to particular restaurants or on specific rides without an interminable wait. Definitely a serious disconnect there.

Yeah, that wouldn't be such a big deal except, as you note, that Disney basically forces you to be a long-term planner if you want to go to particular restaurants or on specific rides without an interminable wait. Definitely a serious disconnect there.

On purpose of course...so they get the data they need for efficient use of resources.

I don't like the fact that WDW expects us to know our plans and book them so they can then change their's to staff for expected crowds which I suspect they are doing.

That's exactly what they are doing.

That'll be me in December. On the day we drive 6 hours to DL. At least we'll get down there early! :rolleyes1

I make mine tomorrow! What time can we start? Our trip has been up in the air so was trying to put it out of my mind, well the time is now and I'm not prepared. Thanks

Well, I did it. I got up at 3:45 am and could not get Frozen FP for the day I wanted and had to scramble to change plans to switch Epcot day. Not a happy girl at 4:00 in the morning (although, to be fair, I do understand that Frozen is "new" and therefore "shiny object" and hard to grasp.

I feel the same way. I have some flaky relatives who changed their plans and it really messes with all this advance planning.

That and the 7am fastpass reservations are going to kill me. I have to commute at 7am, not play fastpass roulette.
Boss will not understand if I am late to work because of Disney vacation planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter