• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Am I really home ALREADY????

CJK

DIS Veteran
Just got back from WDW today!! While we had a blast, I actually missed ya'll!! Yup! I just had to throw one "y'all" in there! ;) We stayed at the All Star Sports for two weeks. Weather was hot but manageable. Crowds were very good. We had the traditional rainfall everyday for an hour on most afternoons but it cleared at night for the evening shows.

*drumroll please*..........

For the first time ever, I made notes on our day activities each night when we got back to our room. If I get the nerve, I'll start posting my report tomorrow. I've never done this before so please be kind! ;)

In the meantime, feel free to ask any questions! Oh, I should probably mention that we were on a budget so we only ate at about 5 sit down restaurants the whole trip. But if you want any ideas about the parks rides and shows (I think we saw close to all of them), then I'm your girl! Hope all is well!

Welcome back!

I'm glad y'all had a great time CJK! ;) :)

Which sit down restaurants did you eat at?

Kim :)

Glad you had such an awesome time. Can't wait for that report!

Thanks everyone. Let's see, we ate at Liberty Tree in the Magic Kingdom, O'Hana's in the Poly, Beaches & Cream at the Yaht Club, and Trail's End Restaurant at Pioneer Hall (twice). We ate at the boardwalk (can't remember the restaurant's name), had a pizza and ate outside watching the jugglers and other entertainment. We just loved it all. We ate at many food courts at various hotels too. I had a terrific turkey croissant sandwich at the Polynesian food court place. It was really fresh and included carrot sticks and delicious grapes. It felt nice not having a hamburger and fries! :rolleyes: Oh what a magical place WDW is!!

Welcome home CJK! Really looking forward to reading your trip report! I'll have to remember that turkey sandwich at the Poly, sounds delicious! We like to visit other resorts to eat, too. :D

Did you do the AKL food court, Mara, WOW! That was a great one! How was the AS food court? S

We did explore the AKL foodcourt, but we didn't eat there this time round. It did look good though! We ate at Boma on a previous trip and LOVED it! The pumpkin cheesecake was amazing.

The ASSports food court was moderate I would say. The staple foods were fine. I ordered what they called a spicy chicken sandwich and all it was was chicken fingers put on a bun with what seemed like tobasco sauce. Dh asked them to put lettuce, tomato on, etc....and they did with no extra charge. Basically, the food is all fine. It seemed they had a certain amount of ingredients and they stretched the ingredients as much as possible. We had nothing terrible - but nothing amazing either. Though, the chicken fingers with bbq sauce were pretty good. HTH!

I am always happy and sad to come home.
Sounds like you had a good trip. Waiting for
your report.

Can anyone fill me in on what goes on a Boma's?
(I hear people say stuff like don't ask for ketchup etc.)

Hi everyone. Just wanted to say that I've posted the first 2 days of our trip report. The first is called, "Are we really here? day one" and the second is called, "Crowds? What are crowds? Day two". Hope you like it!

I'm with Julie, that turkey sandwich does sound good! :)

I have fond memories of a very yummy banana milkshake, consumed with gusto at Beaches & Cream this past February. :) ;) :)

Mom_rules, the restaurant you're thinking of, where it's dangerous to ask for any condiments (especially ketchup...lol), is at Wilderness Lodge, and for the life of me I can't remember the name............a senior moment I guess!! ;) :) It's not Roaring Forks, or Artist's Point, it's the other one.........!!! :rolleyes:

Hi CJK sounds like we were at The AllStar Sports at the same time!We were in Football room 7290. We got back on the 20th!Nice to come home to nice weather but i do miss that heat and I didn't mind that daily rain shower. Did you get to do the Haunted Mansion. It was supposed to open Monday?
We are already started to think about our next trip, but with the kids this time!
Welcome Home!

Hi MichelleTO

Can you believe it? We were there at the same time in the same hotel! We were there from the 9th to the 23rd. We were in room 7142 in the Touchdown building but after the first week moved to a room directly upstairs (gapping on the hotel number). Glad to hear you had a good time. We could've met!

I'm pleased to say the Haunted Mansion opened on Sunday so we got to ride it twice that day. Yeah!

Glad you had such a good trip. I'm already dreaming of our next one! ;)

Is it Whispering Canyon?

What goes on there? Anyone fill me
in with some detail?

CJK sounds like a great time! When are you going back??? Thanks for all the info. Keep it coming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter