Am I squeezing too many activities in my WDW vacation?

I just wanted to add since I didn't see this suggestion.. Not sure if this is doable but would you be able to add a night to your reservation for Wednesday night and explain that you'll be checking in early Thursday morning? You'll have to pay for a night that you won't be using fully but it might be worth it to sleep and rest? Not even sure if Disney would be okay with this but wanted to throw it out there?

I saw WWoHP back in 2011 and I can't wait to go back to see the updated part! I think you'll love it! and I just went to DL for the first time this year! I bet the 60 celebrations will be fabulous.

Hope you have a fantastic vacation!

I would have loved to add a day! Unfortunately, my flight is booked and they don't let you change it for nothing. Cancellation fee is the same price as the entire flight! So I would lose my money.

I don't know, the more I think about it, I think your plan is pretty solid the way it is...arriving at 6am should give you enough time to make rope drop at Epcot (or close to it) and for the first part of the day you'll be excited and running on adrenaline so you'll be fine. If you find yourselves really tired in the afternoon, you can hang out in the countries and people watch (or ride the Ellen ride and nap! LOL) and just relax. You may get lucky and have your room ready for you when you arrive in the morning, or they can send you a text message when it is ready. Since Typhoon Lagoon is the following day, you'll get to sleep in a little bit (and you don't have to get there at 10am if you decide you need a little extra rest) and recharge. With a trip that short, I would personally cut out the water park and just swim at your resort or have a regular park ticket to casually stroll through AK or DHS but if your heart is set on it, go for it!

We spent one day at Universal Studios/IoA during our trip and were able to do everything in both parks before 3pm, but it was in February during a low-crowd time and this was before the second HP area was built. :) If your goal is to only do all of the HP stuff, you'll be fine for time and I'm sure you'll have time to do other things also. If you finish early this day, you can go to DTD if you want. I keep mentioning DTD because I think you'll have several opportunities to squeeze it in without dedicating a full day for it. We ultimately decided to skip DTD on our last trip because we aren't into shopping really but we had many chances to squeeze it in.

Thanks! I'm glad to hear your room was ready early for you! Hope that's the case with us. I also just realized that we can take a nap at the Resort on Thursday mid day! That's great advice. The good thing about the water park is that I can play it by ear and see how tired we are that morning. Since we will be swimming, we wouldn't have to spend an hour getting ready. It is also close to POR. I added in DTD because it's close to our resort. I do love the ferry boat ride there. If I have time we will head for it!

I am seriously thinking about your ideas. Thank you :flower3:
Sunday AK sounds nice. I would like to sleep on Thursday morning but when we check into POR I don't think the room will be ready yet. Probably not until 3pm.

Find a napping spot...ANYTHING from a bench lounge chair by pool or a couch somewhere...Just get a nap in. Travel is hard and you will enjoy the rest of your vacation if you dont push yourself so hard that first day. I think heading right into a park will make a rough beginning to a busy few days.

If those are the things you want to do don't leave anything out. Just try to rearrange the best you can for the most amount of rest possible.

The only thing I would be concerned about is being exhausted after the flight. We often on mini trips have schedule like yours, but we can get there in 2 1/2 hours on a direct flight.

I personally loved our one day at Universal parks on our last trip. We got in everything we wanted to do at both parks with being there from rope drop to 5 p.m., and then stayed two extra hours doing some extras just for the heck of it. Now if your a huge Harry Potter fan, I can understand you might want several days just for exploring those areas. We though just wanted to see the HP areas, do the HP stuff and maybe five other things. We aren't huge fans of that many of the Universal attractions, but had a absolutely marvelous day checking out the HP things and doing our other favorites.

Our days have often much crazier than what you have planned on mini trips. We once did the MK from rope drop to 3 p.m., went to the Titanic attraction on I-drive 3 to 6:30 p.m., and then went to Epcot and closed down the place. We've done the MK too over Christmas from 8 a.m. to 2 a.m. with just a dinner break at the Polynesian and a little time sitting out by their pool. If we are down for an extended time period though, we usually just do a park every other day.

Also, couldn't you have this as a tentative itinerary and change it for more sleep / relaxing if that's what the gang wants?

"I would like to sleep on Thursday morning but when we check into POR I don't think the room will be ready yet. Probably not until 3pm."

The odds of your room being ready are much greater today then in the past. Do on line check in, do not be picky about location. Let them know you will be arriving at 7 am. Disney now has a goal to have every room ready within 2 hours of check in. We moved twice this past week and every time our room was ready no matter what time we checked in. While it is not guaranteed, I really think the room ready on check in is more available now then in the past. Are you using magical express from the airport? The minute you check into magical express they know you are there.

For what is is worth, I say go for whatever you want to do in the time you have to do it. I have an opportunity to go to DisneyLAND this summer for 4 days, with free passes and my husband does not want to do it because of the flight from the east coast--time there being too short. Seriously considering after 37 years of marriage togetherness a 4 day trial separation :)

What about staying at Universal for the trip...
Wednesday night red eye
Thursday - check in to Universal Deluxe Hotel - do 1st day of Universal with FOTL
Friday - sleep in and do MNSSHP at night
Sat - sleep in and do 2nd day of Universal with FOTL
Sun - your choice - F&W/DD/TL - whatever floats your boat (and you want to spend on tickets) before you head back...I'll say I'd pick DD to just see its newness and so I wouldn't need to buy $100/tickets for the day...

If you've seen Disney and have DL in your backyard, but haven't seen Universal, you'll want 2 days minimum to experience it all - it is currently that awesome...

I would have loved to add a day! Unfortunately, my flight is booked and they don't let you change it for nothing. Cancellation fee is the same price as the entire flight! So I would lose my money.

hi! I just meant keep your airline flight as it is.. but add a room to your hotel reservation so that it would be ready when you arrived at 6AM. Since normally people stay the night from 3PM - when you leave, you'd just be checking in at 6AM instead of 3PM the day before.

For example,

you're staying 6/3-6/6, arriving 6AM on 6/3. right now you have rooms for 6/3-6/6. Could you add a night on 6/2 but still check in at 6AM at 6/3?

I was just thinking that since your 6/3 reservation room wouldn't be ready until 3PM, a 6/2 reservation would be available from 6/2 at 3PM - 6/3 11 AM?

On a previous vacation, I had a room booked and we check in at 2AM so that's why I was just thinking would it be possible to check in at 6AM :) I mean you'll be paying for a room that you won't be using the whole night but if you can afford it, I wouldn't think Disney would mind lol

hi! I just meant keep your airline flight as it is.. but add a room to your hotel reservation so that it would be ready when you arrived at 6AM. Since normally people stay the night from 3PM - when you leave, you'd just be checking in at 6AM instead of 3PM the day before.

For example,

you're staying 6/3-6/6, arriving 6AM on 6/3. right now you have rooms for 6/3-6/6. Could you add a night on 6/2 but still check in at 6AM at 6/3?

I was just thinking that since your 6/3 reservation room wouldn't be ready until 3PM, a 6/2 reservation would be available from 6/2 at 3PM - 6/3 11 AM?

On a previous vacation, I had a room booked and we check in at 2AM so that's why I was just thinking would it be possible to check in at 6AM :) I mean you'll be paying for a room that you won't be using the whole night but if you can afford it, I wouldn't think Disney would mind lol

Hey that's a good point! I like the idea. POR is affordable and the weekday rate is a little lower.

"I would like to sleep on Thursday morning but when we check into POR I don't think the room will be ready yet. Probably not until 3pm."

The odds of your room being ready are much greater today then in the past. Do on line check in, do not be picky about location. Let them know you will be arriving at 7 am. Disney now has a goal to have every room ready within 2 hours of check in. We moved twice this past week and every time our room was ready no matter what time we checked in. While it is not guaranteed, I really think the room ready on check in is more available now then in the past. Are you using magical express from the airport? The minute you check into magical express they know you are there.

For what is is worth, I say go for whatever you want to do in the time you have to do it. I have an opportunity to go to DisneyLAND this summer for 4 days, with free passes and my husband does not want to do it because of the flight from the east coast--time there being too short. Seriously considering after 37 years of marriage togetherness a 4 day trial separation :)

Yes! We are taking the magical express. Hey I didn't know the resort knows you have arrived when you check into the magical express. That is a good tip.

I don't think I'll be doing the water park on MNSSHP day. I read that is too exhausting. I believe it.

Wednesday night flight 10pm - 6am
Thursday Epcot F&W Festival 9am - 8:30pm
Friday DTD 11am - 1pm
Friday MNSSHP 4pm - 12am
Saturday WWoHP (both parks) 8am - 7pm
Sunday Blizzard Beach 10am - 2pm

BTW my flight leaves at 6:58pm on Sunday. What time do you think the magical express will pick me up from the POR?
I can possibly do a theme park on that Sunday instead of Blizzard Beach. What do you recommend?

Friday Typhoon Lagoon 10am - 2pm
Friday MNSSHP 4pm - 12am
Sunday DTD 11:30am - 4pm

I only have booked 3 nights and 4 days. I want to get the most out of my vacation but I wonder if my schedule is doable. My husband and I are early 30's and my daughter is 15. I will try to sleep on our flight but we'll see. Lol. My biggest concern is doing Typhoon Lagoon & MNSSHP in one day. Also waking up the next day super early to be at gates open for WWoHP.

Has anyone successfully survived a full schedule like this? I have never been to Typoon Lagoon, MNSSHP, or the WWoHP. I would like to see all three but I can take out the water park if I have to. I am not sure if WDW is ever a option again for years to come.

That is one full weekend! You'll be go-go-go. :)

It's doable, but I would do some a little differently if it was my trip... like Typhoon Lagoon and DTD would not be must-dos on a short trip. You have a hotel pool, just use that. And then DTD for a whole day when you could be at the AK or HS. I would ditch DTD altogether, but I don't know why you've planned such a large amount of time there -- there may be something in particular you're going for.

HS has some much construction. I guess it would be a good half day park.

I just wanted to add that EPCOT is an excellent park to be tired in. There are lots of great places to chill and nap if needed. The Ellen ride is 45 minutes. We went to EPCOT after getting up before 3AM, running the princess half, returning to the room to shower and heading to the park for lunch. The only thing I felt that we didn't get to see was test track. We ran out of steam after dinner. The only thing I would be worried about is how tired a drink may make you after a long day.

I am seriously thinking about your ideas. Thank you :flower3:
Sunday AK sounds nice. I would like to sleep on Thursday morning but when we check into POR I don't think the room will be ready yet. Probably not until 3pm.

Don't count it out as an option - 4 stays at POR; 3 early check ins (like 8 in the morning early :o) you might get pixie dusted.

I don't think I'll be doing the water park on MNSSHP day. I read that is too exhausting. I believe it.

Friday DTD 11am - 1pm
Friday MNSSHP 4pm - 12am
Sunday Blizzard Beach 10am - 2pm

BTW my flight leaves at 6:58pm on Sunday. What time do you think the magical express will pick me up from the POR?
I can possibly do a theme park on that Sunday instead of Blizzard Beach. What do you recommend?

Magical Express will pick you up at your resort approximately 3hrs before your scheduled departing flight, so plan to be back at your resort and ready to go by 4pm. Before your last day, you'll get info as to what time ME will be there to pick you up...usually 2 1/2 - 3hrs prior to your flight departure.

Magical Express will pick you up at your resort approximately 3hrs before your scheduled departing flight, so plan to be back at your resort and ready to go by 4pm. Before your last day, you'll get info as to what time ME will be there to pick you up...usually 2 1/2 - 3hrs prior to your flight departure.

Hey you are visiting WDW around the same time I am. Have a good trip!!

Hey you are visiting WDW around the same time I am. Have a good trip!!

Thanks, we will! We're super excited...my husband and I are going with my parents (they're staying at BCV and we're staying at AKV) for 9 nights! :) Can't wait!!! It will be fun going at a slower pace this time and making new memories together.

I have only been to Walt Disney World twice in my life. When I was 3 years old I do not remember how myself and my parents tackled the parks. When I was 10 years old we were the type of family that got up early each day we were there, ate breakfast and went to the Parks for the entire day. We would move at a quick pace everyday for the entire day of park hours. Some families I guess can do this and others can't go as fast. From what I saw you have planned for me it would not be a lot for each day, but each person is different. Good Luck and most importantly enjoy yourself no matter what you end up doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter