• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Am I the only crazy one?

jwblane

Mouseketeer
I've signed up for the Walt Disney World Half Marathon on January 7, 2017 and the Star Wars Half Marathon in Anahiem on January 15, 2017 so I can knock out the Coast to Coast Challenge. I welcome any advice for pulling off this challenge.

I'm just as crazy: Dopey then Light Side Challenge!

Last edited:
No, lots of people do it. :)

I guess just train well, take the races easy and make sure you have good hydration and nutrition.

I did Wine and Dine 2014 and the inaugural Avengers 2014. They were a week apart. Just keep it easy in the parks and get sleep. The time difference is what was the hardest on me. I actually did better on the Avengers half then the Wine and Dine half.

I did the 2015 Wine and Dine Half of a half marathon. That's the only race I've ver done besides a couple of 5k'ss. I'm hoping the time change helps out too. I'm in the central time zone so it will be nice to "sleep in" before a run since I'm usually out around 5:30am. I'm a RWRer and used the 13.1 trainer app for the first race. It has you running 4, walking 1, but I'm thinking about changing it up to 3/2 to save on the old knees and make it thru both races. My pace is still around 12:30-13:00 doing that.

I did the 2015 Wine and Dine Half of a half marathon. That's the only race I've ver done besides a couple of 5k'ss. I'm hoping the time change helps out too. I'm in the central time zone so it will be nice to "sleep in" before a run since I'm usually out around 5:30am. I'm a RWRer and used the 13.1 trainer app for the first race. It has you running 4, walking 1, but I'm thinking about changing it up to 3/2 to save on the old knees and make it thru both races. My pace is still around 12:30-13:00 doing that.

You'll be fine. I run a :30/:30 split at a 14:30-15:00 pace and did the back to backs.

Look up Half Fanatics. Not only do quite a few people do this same Challenge (some even include Castaway Cay 5K during the week in between), but many run Half Marathons every weekend.

You are far from the only one considering this.

You can do it. We did Goofy as our first marathon experience back in 2013. A few months later I ran marathons in KY and OH a week apart.

Now, just because it can be done doesn't mean you (and the rest of us) aren't still crazy! :rolleyes1

Go into your first race understanding that you need to pace yourself a bit slower than maybe whatever you're capable of running. Go into your second race understanding that anywhere along the way you may not be able to run as fast as you felt you could at the start. Your second run starts with the first run, and your second run will be determined by controlling your expectations so that you don't hit any mental walls of your own creation. Keep it in perspective and you'll do fine.

I did Wine&Dine 2015 (5k-Half/Half) and Avengers 2015 (5K-10K-Half)
then Dopey 2016 and Star Wars Light Side 2016 (5k-10k-Half) ie 7 races in 11 days.
It's very hard and you need a good training both endurance and mental.

To me this seems even less crazy than Dopey Challenge.
There are people who run 7 marathons on 7 continents in 7 days. So if you compare yourself to that, you are way way less crazy.
Also that last race is on my birthday weekend, so please have a piece of cake in my honor when you complete it :)

no its not crazy...go look at the dopey thread them are crazy people ( I've completed the dopey challenge)

If you think thats crazy though october 29th I'm flying from san francisco to washington DC for the marine corps marathon(10/30/16) then a day later flying to orlando to do the lumierre's challenge the next weekend.

no its not crazy...go look at the dopey thread them are crazy people ( I've completed the dopey challenge)

If you think thats crazy though october 29th I'm flying from san francisco to washington DC for the marine corps marathon(10/30/16) then a day later flying to orlando to do the lumierre's challenge the next weekend.

We're not crazy, we're Dopey. Geez, get it straight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter