Am I the only one that is unimpressed with SWGE - where is the juice?

Just one?

I think the most important thing is the area music needs to be added. The argument about how "it's a real place and real towns don't have music" is weak. What about Main Street USA. It shouldn't have music either, by that definition, and can you imagine how boring and sterile it would be without it? So, music would be my one major addition that would make the experience much more enjoyable. Plus, I don't know about where you live, but every shopping center and outdoor mall here in my city in Orange County plays area music, so it IS what I expect when I'm in a place that resembles an outdoor market like space.
Just one 😉

I think for me, it would be more roaming characters and aliens, and I don’t care who the characters are or whether or not they are masked or face characters. My son LOVES characters and things in costumes so much. I really, really hope we see some stormtroopers because he will be so disappointed if we miss them. But aside from just our family, characters are such ambiance builders and are quintessential Disney.

I like the idea of moving on from the arguments and into more constructive suggestions. In that spirit, if Bob Chapek came to everyone on this thread and asked for ONE thing he could do by Spring Break to enhance the experience in the land, what would each person say?

Have big boards and CM's handing out information cards and disclaimer forms at each entrance. You must read and sign that you understand the information before entering. This is similar to what the USA Homelands Security required everyone who was not a US Citizen to do before boarding a plane to USA before 2009.

1. This land does not have music or greenery like other lands
  2. This land does not have standard character meet and greets like other lands
  3. Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run is not a sit and stare at a screen ride
  4. Ogas Cantina is a standing BAR with no food, and is loud and an adult environment you kid may not enjoy
  5. The merchandise is priced higher and is higher quality than in Tomorrowland
  6. The lighsabers are not toys but adult collectors items
  7. The citizens of Batuu have different words and phrases than you are used to hearing in different lands
  8. The food and drinks have strange sounding names, are not standard theme park food and may be more expensive
  9. In Batuu you will not see characters from Star Wars Episodes 1 to 6, as the land timeline is during the new films
Please sign here that you have read the above information. By signing this form you agree that Disney has done its duty in informing you about Battuu and that you visit Battuu at your own risk of enjoyment.

Have big boards and CM's handing out information cards and disclaimer forms at each entrance. You must read and sign that you understand the information before entering. This is similar to what the USA Homelands Security required everyone who was not a US Citizen to do before boarding a plane to USA before 2009.

1. This land does not have music or greenery like other lands
  2. This land does not have standard character meet and greets like other lands
  3. Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run is not a sit and stare at a screen ride
  4. Ogas Cantina is a standing BAR with no food, and is loud and an adult environment you kid may not enjoy
  5. The merchandise is priced higher and is higher quality than in Tomorrowland
  6. The lighsabers are not toys but adult collectors items
  7. The citizens of Batuu have different words and phrases than you are used to hearing in different lands
  8. The food and drinks have strange sounding names, are not standard theme park food and may be more expensive
  9. In Batuu you will not see characters from Star Wars Episodes 1 to 6, as the land timeline is during the new films
Please sign here that you have read the above information. By signing this form you agree that Disney has done its duty in informing you about Battuu and that you visit Battuu at your own risk of enjoyment.

Sounds so welcoming...

Just one 😉

I think for me, it would be more roaming characters and aliens, and I don’t care who the characters are or whether or not they are masked or face characters. My son LOVES characters and things in costumes so much. I really, really hope we see some stormtroopers because he will be so disappointed if we miss them. But aside from just our family, characters are such ambiance builders and are quintessential Disney.
I saw Chewie and Stormtroopers. Were there other characters that I missed that others have seen?

I like the idea of aliens/other planet creatures. Probably would have helped that busy port-style feel to see and hear creatures.

I saw Chewie and Stormtroopers. Were there other characters that I missed that others have seen?

I like the idea of aliens/other planet creatures. Probably would have helped that busy port-style feel to see and hear creatures.
Rey , Kylo Ren, and Vi Moradi also appear. I’ve gotten the impression that Vi Moradi is a recent addition, but could be wrong. If she is new, that is a good sign for getting more roaming characters though.

I mean, it would probably drive away 80% of visitors, making the land VERY enjoyable for those who remain. So I guess in that way it would work.

exactly my point. Those of us with an open mind excited to experience something new and different will have no problem signing, and the land will be full of like minded people, there to fully embrace the land and loose themselves in the immersive experience.

Those who just want another generic themepark land will take their kids back to Tomorrowland and the plastic lightsabers and the Darth Vadar meet and greet where they can hear the John Williams music blasting out from speakers.

Rey walks around and so does Kylo Ren. Rey is often with Chewy, but not always. Kylo is usually accompanied by troopers, but troopers patrol without Kylo frequently. Vi Morandi is also a walk around character, but she is often lurking and hiding (she's a spy). If you talk to her, she will either engage you or give you a crazy look and not say anything. She is kinda weird. My husband tried to engage her "in character" and she looked at him like he was crazy. Not sure what that was about. She only wanted kids talking to her that day, I guess. She was all about interacting with kids.

Rey , Kylo Ren, and Vi Moradi also appear. I’ve gotten the impression that Vi Moradi is a recent addition, but could be wrong. If she is new, that is a good sign for getting more roaming characters though.

Vi Morandi isn't new. I mean, she is a new character in general (she appears in the Black Spire novel), but she has been in the land since the DL reservation period days. That's when we saw her the first time.

exactly my point. Those of us with an open mind excited to experience something new and different will have no problem signing, and the land will be full of like minded people, there to fully embrace the land and loose themselves in the immersive experience.

Those who just want another generic themepark land will take their kids back to Tomorrowland and the plastic lightsabers and the Darth Vadar meet and greet where they can hear the John Williams music blasting out from speakers.
I am not going to fight about this. My specific question is what would enhance your experience. If you love the immersion and non-typical theme park feel, then maybe your experience would be enhanced by a card or magic band type device that could be scanned at Savis, Oga’s, and the Stormtroopers to give them “intel” on you and allow more immersive role play. Or maybe not, I don’t know. If you think the land is perfect as-is, “No enhancements are needed” is an acceptable response.

I think this will be something that people who book the Star Wars "hotel" will be required to consent to or at least read. But come on, no one should have to sign a waiver to enter a theme park land.

Rey walks around and so does Kylo Ren. Rey is often with Chewy, but not always. Kylo is usually accompanied by troopers, but troopers patrol without Kylo frequently. Vi Morandi is also a walk around character, but she is often lurking and hiding (she's a spy). If you talk to her, she will either engage you or give you a crazy look and not say anything. She is kinda weird. My husband tried to engage her "in character" and she looked at him like he was crazy. Not sure what that was about. She only wanted kids talking to her that day, I guess. She was all about interacting with kids.

Thanks guys. I may have seen the other character you both mentioned but didn't recognize them :o . I definitely don't remember seeing Kylo or Rey though but with the roaming aspect (which I did like) that can all come down to timing of when you're in the land-kinda comes with that territory.

Reactions: EmJ
signing a waiver WOULD enhance my experience
  • the crowd levels would be lower,
  • guest satisfaction would be better,
  • revenue would go up, as we wouldnt be limited to 2 drinks at Ogas, and would eat multiple times in Docking Bay and buy more merchandise in the shops
  • CM morale would be better as they would not have to deal with the angry guests like they do now
  • CM turnover would lower as the CM's would actually enjoy their jobs and want to stay in Batuu,

Please add: Consult enclosed architectural diagrams to understand the lines move smoothly and rapidly due to Disney designed this attraction with extremely efficient capacity. I guess we won’t be happy until Disney runs at half capacity to create the long lines we crave to show proof it must be worth it!

I agree with more characters, not face characters necessarily, but strange roaming aliens. Walking around, in the cantina, in the stores. Even if they were never seen before in the movies. It would add another level of ambiance to the area.
And SW music :)
I know that’s two things, but I’d like both.

I went in with an open mind and I was a bit underwhelmed/thought they did an overall better job with Pandora. Sorry I guess :confused3

Well, there went my attempt at shifting the conversation....
I have tried and failed many times, most mods want this thread closed because it seriously isn't bringing anything new but going around in circles, I say, we close it another pops up, same problem, so I've been left to monitor the "juice" thread
To your point I would ask Chapek to add more droids and aliens and that's it :)

I have tried and failed many times, most mods want this thread closed because it seriously isn't bringing anything new but going around in circles, I say, we close it another pops up, same problem, so I've been left to monitor the "juice" thread
To your point I would ask Chapek to add more droids and aliens and that's it :)

can I just say thanks for allowing us to play this most excellent game of whack a mole. They pop up with a negative and we whack them down, rinse and repeat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter