Am I the only one who's bummed at all the MVMCP dates messing with my MK days?

theXfactor82

Earning My Ears
We are a family of five and don't feel there is value in spending the extra money of the after hours event. This is making it difficult for us to plan our MK days when we visit in December. We have only two dates available that don't have a MVMCP which would mean we either suck it up and pick those two dates and deal with the extra crowds or park hop back to MK on one of these two days so we can at least watch HEA.

Anyone have any experience on how to navigate around the MVMCP events and what worked best for them?

It's been that way for years and years.

I think in general party days still have lower crowds until you get closer to party time. Some of my best park days have been on party days for that reason.

I think our priorities are getting on as many rides as possible and then watching HEA so would you recommend going to MK during a party day for the rides then hopping back to MK on one evening that doesn't have MVMCP to watch HEA?

Would you consider going on a party date one day, and park hop on a regular day to catch the fireworks? I've never done it, so don't take my word for it, but it looks like party days are slower than regular days, so it could be a good opportunity to do as many rides as you can on that day, and then come back on another day for the nighttime entertainment.
I hope you can find a schedule that works out the best for you.

We are a family of five and don't feel there is value in spending the extra money of the after hours event. This is making it difficult for us to plan our MK days when we visit in December. We have only two dates available that don't have a MVMCP which would mean we either suck it up and pick those two dates and deal with the extra crowds or park hop back to MK on one of these two days so we can at least watch HEA.

Anyone have any experience on how to navigate around the MVMCP events and what worked best for them?
If you have park hoppers you're going to do great!!

Our plan has always been (and is again this year) to book our MK days ON party days and get there as early as we can. We get a ton done in less time with lower crowds! Bonus!!

We hop back one night to see the fireworks and the moment we see the crowds in the park are immediately thankful we were not there the entire day.

Party days are traditionally far less crowded than non-party days.

It's much more challenging with guests who do not have the option to hop but for those that do, book party days as your MK days. Below is a snapshot of typical MK crowds in 2022 when there are parties.

IMG_1624.jpeg

Last edited:
Would you consider going on a party date one day, and park hop on a regular day to catch the fireworks? I've never done it, so don't take my word for it, but it looks like party days are slower than regular days, so it could be a good opportunity to do as many rides as you can on that day, and then come back on another day for the nighttime entertainment.
I hope you can find a schedule that works out the best for you.

I think that is what we are leaning towards. We want to go to MK two days so are leaning towards going on both non party days and then leaving early (might park hop over to Epcot to finish the night) then schedule our AK or Epcot days for the two nights that have no MVMCP so we can hop back to MK and watch HEA.

If you have park hoppers you're going to do great!!

Our plan has always been (and is again this year) to book our MK days ON party days and get there as early as we can. We get a ton done in less time with lower crowds! Bonus!!

We hop back one night to see the fireworks and the moment we see the crowds in the park are immediately thankful we were not there the entire day.

Party days are traditionally far less crowded than non-party days.

It's much more challenging with guests who do not have the option to hop but for those that do, book party days as your MK days. Below is a snapshot of typical MK crowds in 2022 when there are parties.

This strategy is exactly what I was thinking of doing. Thanks! Am I missing something though? I don't see a snapshot of the crowds levels below during parties.

Yeah, we are in the same boat the week of Thanksgiving. Only planning on HS and MK so we have to go on party days and miss the night or deal with higher crowds on non-party days. I'd love to go to the parties, but we bought APs to save on tickets!

Party days are the BEST for the MK! You'll get a lot more done. If you want to see the fireworks, I would hop back to the MK on another day to see them.

The party fireworks are not HEA, but Minnie's Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks (in case you really want to see HEA vs a Disney holiday fireworks show with Christmas carols etc and not the HEA soundtrack).

Disney parties - I just deal with it. I'm more bummed by HHN at Universal and all the early closings at US, but again, if I'm there then I just deal with it and plan around as best I can. It is Weds, Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sun

Late August I will do one night at MK on a non-party day and one early entry on a party day.

I think our priorities are getting on as many rides as possible and then watching HEA so would you recommend going to MK during a party day for the rides then hopping back to MK on one evening that doesn't have MVMCP to watch HEA?
Definitely. Days with no party are very crowded. I remember one time years ago, by noon it was unbearable, we left and went to Epcot and came back later for fireworks. Also, if you want a spot on Main Street, get there early. They close it off when full.

I find party days to be a great day to go MK. As long as you leave by 3 it’s usually low crowds. I don’t enjoy the crowds at fireworks so I never stick around for them but I do often see them from alternative locations. Have you considered that? I’ve watched from GF, Poly, contemporary and the TCC. My favorite way is dinner at narcossee, time it right and you get the electric water pageant too. But I’ve watched them from lots of free places at the resorts. Several pipe on the music too.

Party days are the BEST! We intentionally go to MK on a party day because the crowds are sooo light--you can get so much more done in a shorter time. Everyone avoids the parks because of the early closure, and the party guests don't become that noticeable crowd-wise until much closer to the regular park closing time.

You’re not the only one. I used to like going thanksgiving week cause I knew there would be no parties cutting into MK hours- not so anymore. We’re going Columbus day week this year and 4/7 days have a party. We enjoy nights in the MK and this is a bummer.

It stinks these holiday parties kind of force the purchase of hoppers. A positive angle is hoppers are the best value during these seasons as other described.

This year we’re buying hoppers and skipping the MK party. We also plan a mid-trip no park day when we’ll get to see the MK party fireworks from outside the park.

We're planning our upcoming winter trip to WDW (early December)...do not have park reservations in place yet.
We are not going to the Christmas Party during our stay but wondering if you have found Magic Kingdom to be more crowded on MVMCP days, because people are entering the park and just staying for the party? Or is MK less crowded on MVMCP days because people are avoiding MK due to the party that evening? Thanks for any opinions about this.

We're planning our upcoming winter trip to WDW (early December)...do not have park reservations in place yet.
We are not going to the Christmas Party during our stay but wondering if you have found Magic Kingdom to be more crowded on MVMCP days, because people are entering the park and just staying for the party? Or is MK less crowded on MVMCP days because people are avoiding MK due to the party that evening? Thanks for any opinions about this.
It’s less crowded until partygoers can enter at 4pm since there are no fireworks (except for during the party) and the park closes at 6pm for day guests.

I've more been to WDW on like Halloween party days and extra hour days than Christmas party days, but I'd say crowds can go either way. It may well be less crowded, but I wouldn't necessarily count on it being less crowded. If it works go to MK on a party day, then go. If you can hop, even better. If another option appeals to you instead, do MK a different day.

What does tend to happen though is if there is only 1 day that REGULAR park hours for MK run late, then MK will tend to be busy THAT day. Though the funny thing is, that doesn't mean it will actually be busy 9pm to close, especially if it is chilly that night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter