Am I the only one?

You're not alone. We have absolutely no interest in dining there for lunch or dinner.

for me lunch is not an option because the wait is like an hour in line we tried twice to eat there at lunch our last trip so this trip we add for dinner to make sure we get inside this time I think both menus look good

Princesslover, what are TS and how do you get them. I hate to admit I am a DVC member since 1999 and am still a novice.

Princesslover, what are TS and how do you get them. I hate to admit I am a DVC member since 1999 and am still a novice.

TS = table service meals (as opposed to counter service or "quick service.") When on the regular dining plan, you have one table service "credit" per day.

My point with the Be Our Guest meal is that (speaking for us) it is unncesssary to burn up a table service credit when I can eat there as counter service. There are far fewer counter service locations that are desirable, so Be or Guest is a perfect use of counter service credits.

I have little to no interest in any meal where I know I have to fight to get in. So although I would happily try BoG, it's just like Le Cellier used to be; just like the TSM stampede; same as CRT was before they added lunch as an option ..... it's got to be really special for me to lose sleep to get up super early and accept the possibility that I won't get it. To me a meal is probably never going to be that special unless I were trying to book it for someone special to me who DID think it was the be all and end all.

For us the dinner menu looked great and we find MK choices lacking. Also we like wine with dinner.

I agree that MK choices are lacking, which is part of the reason BOG is so attractive, I think. People are wanting something new and different. I don't see the attraction as being the dinner menu though, because to me, lunch seems much more appealing. Different strokes though, right? :goodvibes

They lost me when I found out they limit you to two glasses of wine.

I have to say we were never told that so I wonder how true that is.

I would imagine that there are people not excited about lots of restaurants at WDW and why they give lots of options. I will say we just went for drinks and treats, but I wouldn't have missed that experience. The kids loved it! Beast was great, staff was great. Just an all around wonderful place to be where you are completely immersed in the theming. I am sure you get some of it at lunch, but Beast was a huge part of the experience and since I have to wait in some lines for rides, I wasn't interested in doing it to eat too.

Dinner menu did not appeal to us at all either. If we could get into CS lunch without much wait we would definitely try it.

TS = table service meals (as opposed to counter service or "quick service.") When on the regular dining plan, you have one table service "credit" per day.

My point with the Be Our Guest meal is that (speaking for us) it is unncesssary to burn up a table service credit when I can eat there as counter service. There are far fewer counter service locations that are desirable, so Be or Guest is a perfect use of counter service credits.

Don't burn a TS credit. Just go have drinks and cupcakes and pay OOP. Then you get the full experience with the beast and you didn't burn a TS credit on a dinner you were not interested in....a win/win :goodvibes You will enjoy that drink after a long day(I know I did) and a later reservation is easy to get. We were able to get 2 reservations for our June trip with no problem!

nugov2 said:
Don't burn a TS credit. Just go have drinks and cupcakes and pay OOP. Then you get the full experience with the beast and you didn't burn a TS credit on a dinner you were not interested in....a win/win :goodvibes You will enjoy that drink after a long day(I know I did) and a later reservation is easy to get. We were able to get 2 reservations for our June trip with no problem!

We also went just for cupcakes and wine, and it was great!

It never occurred to me that we could go and just have the cupcakes (which look awesome!). I would live to do that. I guess it's back to checking twice daily for an ADR!

I have one booked for CRT which I only want because I want to see the inside of the castle but if I could get one for BOG for treats I'd happily give up CRT which would free up two more TS credits - win win :)

For us the dinner menu looked great and we find MK choices lacking. Also we like wine with dinner.

Agreed! MK is seriously lacking in decent TS options for a nice sit down meal. LTT is like a Thanksgiving meal, CP is like Golden Coral Buffet and Tony's is just ok......

We enjoyed out BOG ADR last May and are looking forward to it again Sept. The desserts are not really worth it though. for this next visit I'll just have a bite of the Grey stuff and call dessert done. The grey stuff was soooo good.

I agree that MK choices are lacking, which is part of the reason BOG is so attractive, I think. People are wanting something new and different. I don't see the attraction as being the dinner menu though, because to me, lunch seems much more appealing. Different strokes though, right? :goodvibes

Absolutely! That's what's great about Disney! I'm glad they have different menus for this reason. It will appeal to a lot more people this way.

I have NO interest in trying Be Our Guest for dinner ... I get that it's a new restaurant and everyone is going nuts over it partly because of that, but the dinner menu just doesn't interest me at all. The lunch menu looks better, in my opinion.

Am I the only one?

Absolutely not! I am such a picky eater, and there is not one thing on the menu that I would even order!! Even my DH who, is the complete opposite me, didn't find the menu appealing. One more table for 4 available! lol Enjoy!

"Cinder" Ella's Mom;49206558 said:
Are you being serious? My DSis and I had three glasses each during our amazing dinner there in July. One was a dessert wine, but nothing was said and we had no idea there was a rule!!

Good to hear. Someone who wanted to see themselves in print was apparently spouting false information. Big surprise. Thanks for the clarification.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter