• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Am i too late

crundell said:
I was looking at vacation options for me and my 3 kids, when I realized that the 8 day Bahamas out of Galveston lined up perfectly with my kids Spring Break and they are running kids sail free. It's looking like 4165 for the cruise and 1600 for plane tickets. I can use Supershuttle for the ground transportation for $240 flying into Hobby. So, am I crazy thinking this would be a great spring break vacation for 4? We would be first time cruisers, and since it's the weekend I don't even know if I can get the time off yet, but I am seriously considering this.

How long did you take to plan your first cruise? Is it possible to whip the plans together in just under 2 months being a first-timer?

If dh and I go though with it it will be our seconded and our first it was just a few clicks as long as you have a pass port

If dh and I go though with it it will be our seconded and our first it was just a few clicks as long as you have a pass port

I read about passports, but I am under the impression that me and my children can cruise with our birth certificates since it leaves from Galveston and returns to Galveston. I this not correct? The only area outside the US on the 8 day is CC in the Bahama's. The other ports are Port Canaveral and Key West which are both US. Please, please tell me we can do this cruise without passports. :worship:

crundell said:
I read about passports, but I am under the impression that me and my children can cruise with our birth certificates since it leaves from Galveston and returns to Galveston. I this not correct? The only area outside the US on the 8 day is CC in the Bahama's. The other ports are Port Canaveral and Key West which are both US. Please, please tell me we can do this cruise without passports. :worship:

I read the same thing not sure if it is true or not

A nice DIS'er also compiled a list of when they offered *GT rates. I was surprised to see that there were summer dates. For those of you that can't decide or commit until later, this is a possibility. I'm guessing based on the history & comments of other posters that Summer *GT rates might start to come out in March.

Thinking of July 2013 trip feel free to laugh at me

We booked our cruise on the maiden voyage of the Fantasy about 8 months before sailing. It sold out a few months later. Two weeks before the trip, my wife said her sister and sister's family were interested in going, and would I please call DCL and check. I had nothing better to do, so I called. I asked the CM not to laugh at me, but was there a cabin open? To my surprise, there was. People cancel all the time. Even sold out cruises will have cabins come available. Never hurts to ask.

I booked a week and a half before a cruise in the beginning of December.
And then on another cruise I added my stepdaughter to our reservation about 2 months before the cruise. She asked me to surprise the rest of the family so I had to tell them that there was no room and then she surprised them at the hotel the day before! It was a long 2 months!! :goodvibes

We just booked our family in January for may! Last January booked a cruise about 2 weeks before for just the 2 of us. Both times no airfare was involved though. Go for it!:cool1:

It's high season, therefore prices are higher than opening day. The more you wait, the higher they'll get.

Last minute deals for these would be tough, due to it being high season. Get in touch with a TA as you'll get some additional On Board Credit thru them.

It shouldn't be too late at all. We booked our first DCL cruise only 3 months before the cruise and our 2nd one only 2 months before the cruise. Good luck!

It's never too late! We once booked a non-Disney ship on the Monday before a Saturday voyage over Christmas and paid $399 per person in a balcony stateroom with kids sailing free. Airfare was brutal, but it's never too late.

LasseKjus said:
It's never too late! We once booked a non-Disney ship on the Monday before a Saturday voyage over Christmas and paid $399 per person in a balcony stateroom with kids sailing free. Airfare was brutal, but it's never too late.

Cool

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter