Amanda's Menu Planning Spectacular!

septbride2002

"TO MILE 9!!!"
I will officially start this tomorrow. Here was today's menu:

B: 2 Eggs, Sausage and Cheese muffins
L: Taco Salad - no shell and no dressing. Diet Coke
S: Cheese Cubes
S: 2 Cream Savers - 9 carbs
D: 8 Chicken Wings with Medium Hot Sauce ( 2 to 3 carbs)
Diet Coke
3 Potatoe things - not sure on carbs

No exercise today - maybe tomorrow.

~Amanda

Feeling pretty good today. Had eggs and sausage for breakfast, a big leafy salad with chicken from Chevys, I did eat one little chip, and sucked on a Jolly Rancher but otherwise I was very low on carbs. Tonight for dinner I am thinking a big bowl of veggie soup and one piece of toast with ham and cheese on it. For a snack I'll eat cheese cubes tonight.

To much diet soda during the day so I need to drink lots of water this evening. And I need to take my vitamin still.

Feeling great - feeling like I have lost some water weight which is always good.

~Amanda

Not sure what to do today. I am way over on carbs. Was stressed out over a problem with SIL last night and barely got any sleep. Woke up this morning with a start of a migraine headache. Took some asprin and went back to bed for 2 hours. Woke up feeling good enough to go into work until the end of the day.

B: 1 piece of toast, coffee with flavored cream - 20 grams (not a good start to the day:guilty:

L: Tuna Salad - 1 carb for mayo

S: Grapes :worried: , and one Nestle Treasure :faint:

D: was suppose to be nacho chicken casserole because for some reason I was thinking that cream of chicken soup wouldn't have any carbs in it. Guess what! WRONG! 10 grams per serving. Not I don't know what to do. And I don't have any sour cream here to help make a mixture and I don't really want to run back out to the store.:blush:

Down 4 lbs at the moment and could gain it all back because of today.

~Amanda

For the most part I did well today.
B: Eggs, Sausage, and Cheese
S: Diet Coke
L: Big Salad with Salami, cheese, and dressing.
S: Nibble on a Chocolate Cookie
D: Chicken Breast and a big salad with artichoke hearts, cheese and dressing.

And then the ice cream craving kicked in. And I gave in to it. Eating half a blizzard from Dairy Queen. I'm sure my body is just singing from the carbs.

Plan for tomorrow:
Take back the cable box
Work out to burn some calories from the Ice Cream

B: Ham and Cheese open face sandwich
L: Veggie Soup
D: Pork Tenderloin, Salad, and Greenbeans

~Amanda

I did pretty good today. So good that I think I might make it through tomorrow without cheating. In which case I'll give myself a clippie. :)

B: Was just some cubes of cheese. I'm out of eggs so it is just cheese in the morning at the moment
S: 2 diet sodas
L: Was a big salad with ranch dressing, green peppers, eggs, cheese, and lettuice.
D: This was really really good. We are getting tired of grilled chicken breast so I cut up 4 breast into strips and put them in a pan with oil until they were done. Then I poured a can of Mushroom Soup over the chicken, 4 tbsp of Terraki sauce, and 1 tsp. of Garlic Powerder then I added half a bag of frozen broccoli. It was so unbelievably good! I had 2 bowls and so did Brian. I served his portion over rice.

I am craving something sweet at the moment and I am going to try and fight it by drinking some water. I might help myself to string cheese later tonight though.

~Amanda

Your title is interesting, what does it mean? is it a take on 4 weddings and a funeral???

Welcome to the WISH club:wave2:

Are you trying Atkins or just low carb? looks like you are giving it some good effort. I'm curious if the mushroom soup had carbs? after a while we really need to be creative with chicken. I do Atkins and tend to eat alot of chicken, cheese, eggs, sourcream. These are items that are always in the house. I always have low carb shakes too, the EAS brand is good, make sure its the low carb ones. The vanilla is soooo good, it really hits the craving for sweets. You can add ice and blend too. I now buy the atkins bread so I can have toast, its not too good as bread. I did eat the low carb bars but found that they stall my weight loss but always helpful to have onhand to stop one from eating on the run. I just bought the atkins icecream but haven't tried it yet. For dessert I usually eat sugar free jello with whipped cream. What I have found helpful is when I do my grocery shopping I only do the perimeter of the store no aisles unless I have specifics to get. Otherwise it is too tempting and once it is in the house I'll eat it.

I wish you much luck with your new healthy lifestyle. Keep motivated and you will soon see a real difference. When you need support remember we are all here for you.

Hi Meme,
My title is sort of a take on 4 weddings and a funeral. I am in 3 of my friends weddings in 2004 and don't want to be the Fat Bridesmaid. :) So it is sort of my motiviation.

Yes the mushroom soup did have carbs in it. I think about 9 carbs per serving. But you use one can (which has I think 2 servings in it) and the dish is 4 servings so 18/4 is makes it 4.5 carbs per serving. Not to bad.

I am trying to find a shake mix that won't break my wallet. I couldn't believe the Atkins shake mix was $18 at my local grocery store. My husband would have a fit! So for the moment no shakes here but I am interested since those are nice and easy in the morning - plus might help me not miss my flavored coffee to much:crazy2: I am not doing Atkins anymore - I tried and I failed it is just to restrictive to me. See my journal entry below for more info.

I hope you get to see this. I haven't had a chance to journal sinc eyou posted.

~Amanda

Hi Everyone! Well I took a hard look at myself and realized that if I don't take this New Way of Life seriously - then I'm not going to lose any weight. See that college education didn't go to waste!

I got out my Protein Power book and I have decided that this plan works better for me then for Atkins. You don't lose weight as quickly on it as on Atkins but that is okay. It didn't all go on in one day - I don't expect it to all come off in one day. On Protein Power I am allowed up to 30 carbs a day for the first 4 to 6 weeks. I can choose carbs from anywhere I want as long as I do exceed the amount. Here was my menu for today:

B: Eggs, Bacon, and Cheese muffin
L: 4 slices of salami, spread cream cheese on them and then took 1/2 slice of American Cheese and rolled them up. 1 cup of broccoli and cheese, and a diet soda.
S: Sugar Free Jello
D: Polish Sausage, 1 cup brocooli and Cheese, and a Salad with real ranch dressing.

28 carbs have been eaten. I think I'll have some more Sugar Free Jello as a snack tonight. Or maybe some cream cheese and celery - yummy.

Menu for tomorrow:
B: Muffin again
L: tuna salad on 5 saltine crackers
D: Chicken Breast, Salad, and Greenbeans

~Amanda

I'm trying to figure out my carb intake today. My menu has been

B: Eggs (1), cheese, and bacon muffin
L: Tuna Salad (4)on Celery(3.6) and Sugar Free Jello
D: 3 eggs(3) , ham, green peppers, and cheese(1) omlet. And Peanuts (6g of carbs)

Hm...only 18 grams! I can't believe it. I've also had 2 diet sodas. I'm going to make some more Sugar Free Jello because it is so yummy! :bounce:

I am very proud of me and I am down 1 pound :)

~Amanda

Good for you, you needed to change the plan and you did! Wow 3 weddings, i don't envy that. I'm sure you'll look great, remember 1 lb at a time. You are on a roll now keep it going:wave2:

Today could have been a disaster. I had a really stressful day at work with files blowing up and 2 of my friends went and got Ice Mocha Coffees - I checked online and there was 41 carbs in one of them. Yikes! I successfully avoided having one and I am very proud of me because I give into cravings way to easily.

B: Egg Muffin (1)
L: Salad with Fruit, walnuts, and sweet dressing - 16 carbs (I got this not thinking of the fruit being full of carbs. Thankfully damage wasn't to bad.)
D: Pieces of sausage and cheese - 5 ritz crackers -10 carbs
S: 1/2 bowl of strawberries and 2 tbsp of whip cream (8 carbs) total of 35 carbs.

I'm over by 5 which is not good but in all honesty I needed that snack tonight. I had such a sweet tooth. And I really don't think 35 is all that bad considering what I use to eat. Although tomorrow I will have to try harder to stay on target. But I had 2 good days in a row and I am proud of that.

~Amanda

** Correction** there are only 5 carbs in the 1/2 cup strawberries I had so that is only 4 carbs over my total.

~Amanda

Not doing bad today - not doing bad at all. I had a great day at work and I really wanted to call up my DH and say - meet me at this great Mexican resturant but I always order Chimichangas, or Nachos, or quesdillas and they are filled with carbs. So I resisted temptation and just came home.

B: Eggs, bacon, and cheese ( 2)
L: Salad with chese and Ranch dressing (3)
D: Baked Chicken Paremesean the chicken is not breaded. - (7) I'm debating on what to have with my chicken. I was thinking baked potatoe but I have decided against that . (Half of one is 15 grams of carbs).....I guess I'll just have the usual green beans and make dh some noodles to make spaghetti with.
S: 1/2 cup strawberries - 2 TBSP Whip Cream (6)
Celery with Veggie Dip during our rented movie.

I really can't believe how good I am doing. My cravings are not unbareable and I really am making good choices. Not if I could just get my butt to exercise.

~Amanda

Yesterday was a bit of challenge but actually I did pretty good. I didn't eat any breakfast because we got kind of a late start. Went to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the MSU vs. OSU game (So disappointed that OSU lost!) where I ate 11 chicken wings in Medium sauce. I only snagged two of my husbands french fries and I drank diet soda the whole day. That evening I went to a friends house and she brought me a regular coke (augh!) I sipped at it but didn't drink the whole thing which was probably 2 cokes. Over the 5 hours I was there I only drank about half of it. I knew that coke was loaded with carbs so when I got home about 9p.m. and still hadn't eaten dinner yet (Yes those 11 chicken wings kept me full the whole day) we went to Hardees where I got a 2/3 lb double cheeseburger - I removed the bun and ate my burger with a fork and knife - I couldn't even afford the carbs of one of the buns. Just so you know I usually only order a 1/3 lb cheeseburger but I keep half my bun - since I couldn't afford the carbs I had to order the biggest burger they had because by then I was getting pretty hungry.

Plan for today - Breakfast is going to be eggs, ham, and cheese. Lunch will be either a salad or left over Chicken Paremesean (7carbs) Dinner is at my Dad's and I have no idea what he is serving. Worse is he always keeps a bowl of M&M's on the table (my favorite) hopefully I will be able to resist.

~Amanda

I just noticed that I haven't put any information about me in these boards. Well my name is Amanda and I am married to my best friend in the world Brian. We have 3 cats together, Pepper, Gabby, and our baby Ginny (she is only 6mos old). I work for a bank in their lending department, I do sales over the phone, take applications, and process the loans - which means I sit all day long. I have always been a little heavy never obese but I always seem to have more weight on my frame then I should. Of course I would love to look like Brittany Spears or some other super skinny size 2 girl but I have been faced with reality. I have hips and broad shoulders. Get over it. Now my aim is more like Catherine Zita Jones. :) I was a size 10/12 for about 5 years but in the last year or so I have crept up to a size 14 and I thought - ya know if you keep this up you will turn out exactly like your mother. So I decided it was time to change some things.

DH is super skinny. He is 6 feet tall and only weighs 140 lbs (I know don't you hate him) and his whole family is skinny so I feel like I stick out like a sore thumb with them. Plus they have a tendency to say things that really shoot down my self esteem. For instance the other day my DH made a comment about weighing 140lbs and his mother said, "Well as a man you should worry that you don't weigh enough. But I as a woman would be hitting a diet quick if I weighed that much." Thanks Mom! I weigh 165 lbs over here. Love ya, Mean it!

I've tried WW and it just doesn't work for me and I am constantly craving food. My Mom is following Atkins and has lost about 25 lbs and I am very proud of her. If she would exercise she would probably lose another 10 lbs easily but you work with what you have. I tried Atkins for about 2 weeks and gave up. Induction left me feeling like I was run over by a truck and again I wasn't constantly hungry. I pulled out my trusty Protein Power book. I did this program my senior year of high school and was very successful with it (I wanted to be skinny for prom). I kept the weight maintained until DH and I were forced to move out together (long story) and we began living off Mac and Cheese and Hamburger Helper. With Protein Power I am able to have 30 grams of carbs from whatever source I want. Of course some are better then others. I have to stay in this range for 4 to 6 weeks and then I can up it to 55 carbs a day until I reach my desired weight after that you go into maintanence. It isn't much different from Atkins accept you lose the weight a little slower and that is okay by me. I've been doing Protein Power for a week and even though one night I did indulge (Stupid Italian Resturant) I have managed to lose 5 lbs (check out the new clippie!)

I've made a deal with myself that if I am ultra good I will be allowed to eat Thanksgiving guilt free - after that we are right back on program.

So that is me!

~Amanda

Amanda, you're doing GREAT!! I've just read through your whole journal and you seem like you're on the right track.

You and I have some interesting similarities. I also have a DH who is 6' and weighs 140-145. He's still wearing size 30 pants! My goal has always been to weigh less than him. I started on WISH at 142 - fortunately he was at 148 then....LOL!! He watches what he eats and basically low-carbs, but he obviously doesn't need to be as strict as I do.

I've studied all the low-carb plans. I do basic low-carb and find that I can slowly lose weight as long as I eat 60 carbs or less per day. My weak point is veggies - just don't like very many, :p but I'm going to try to incorporate more into my diet. I figure I'll like them eventually, right?? :confused:

Hang in there! We'll both get where we're going if we just take it day by day. :sunny:

Thanks Doreen! I love getting feedback from people!

Today has been another good day - I've been drinking my water, taking my vitamin, and sticking to plan.

B: Fried egg, cheese, on 1 slice of low carb bread - 7 pts
L: Tuna Salad on Celery sticks and Sugar Free Jello - 2 pts
D: Pork Chop with broccoli and cheese 7pts and Corn (8)
S: Apple Cider (4pts) and possibly some peanut butter and celery

I love this plan! Mostly because I don't feel like I am ever starving myself.

~Amanda

I messed up today. Augh. I had caved into a craving (of course Aunt Flo is also on her way which might explain things) and had a Mocha Frappacino. At least 61 carbs. Augh. Then at dinner tonight I snacked on potato wedges and mini corn dogs. I am so disappointed in myself. Oh, did I add the Barcardi O3 I also drank. So today was a total failure - I am losing my clippie. :(

To redeem myself I came home and did one of my Walk Away the Pounds tapes. I wanted to burn some calories and carbs before they could be stored. I walked for one mile, I was planning on doing the whole two miles but my body started to feel shaky and I thought I might need to sit down so I stopped. I am drinking a lot of water now and wondering if I might be a little dehydrated. I didn't drink that much water today.

My plan tomorrow is to workout again after work, at least another mile. I should get Aunt Flo tomorrow or Thursday. I also need to clean so I will be burning some energy tomorrow. I wonder why my body was so shakey tonight - hopefully I won't have the same reaction tomorrow.

~Amanda

I won a contest at work so I got to leave early today :) Yeah! So I am at home in my pajama bottoms getting ready to clean the house and enjoy some alone time. Gosh I love alone time. Aunt Flo did come today so that really does explain the cravings that I had yesterday. Today I've been good so far. I had eggs and bacon for breakfast and for lunch I've had 4 pieces of salami and some cream cheese (5 carbs). I think I might have some strawberries and whip cream a little bit later.

Dinner is kinda up in the air. We might order pizza or we might make soup. It is sort of anyone's guess at this point. Maybe I'll just make the soup that way I can be sure to be within my carb range. Pizza is to tempting.

Well I better get moving before I get to comfortable doing nothing.

~Amanda

It is so hard to get back on track and very frustrating. I started off good with eggs and bacon (2 carbs) and then for lunch I came home and grilled up a cheeseburger for 1 carb. And then midway through the day I felt like I was hit by an 18 wheeler and had to get some sugar so I had am mini butter finger (15 carbs). We had to take Brian to the emergency room for an ear problem - long story. And now it is late and I am not in the mood to cook so we ordered pizza. I'm going to try to stick to the toppings but I know that I probalby won't do that. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. I am maintaining my weight of 160 for the moment.

~Amanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter