Amazing Customer Service

cindy18

DIS Veteran
Just had to post the most wonderful call I just had with an ABD representative. We made the very hard decision last night to cancel our vacation to Peru scheduled for late August of this year. Even though we knew it meant losing our deposit, we just felt that things were too uncertain professionally for us to spend money on a big vacation this summer. When I called ABD today to cancel, the representative was determined to try to find a way for us to keep our options open. She ran through all other vacations available for later this year and offered to move our deposit rather than having to lose it and then rebook. She found us the Costa Rica trip over Christmas vacation that still had the early booking discount option, moved our deposit and even credited us with the special return credit we were eligible before becase we went on an ABD tour in 2008. So now, instead of cancelling Peru, losing our deposit and feeling crummy, we have a new reservation for Costa Rica and have until late September to figure out whether we feel comfortable spending the money. I feel like I got just a little bit of pixie dust and wanted to share!

How awesome for you! It's always great to hear about such positive customer service experiences with ABD or even any company in this day and age. If only companies would realize that such actions keep loyal and devoted customers! :)

cindy18 - so happy for you that you will still have a trip to look forward to! That is great customer service! I hope by September things have indeed gotten a little more predicitable for you - and all of us.

BTW - there was a family on our Peru trip who had done the Costa Rica one the year before. They said they loved them both, but actually liked Costa Rica a little bit better - so maybe your guardian angel is just making sure you have the best trip possible. :goodvibes

cindy18, that is just fabulous! That is really above & beyond what I would have expected, and yet, so in character with what I've seen of ABD that it makes me smile all over the place. I am *SO* glad you may still be able to take your vacation, and still have something to anticipate.

Thanks for sharing this with us.
Sayhello

What happy news! All to often we hear only the negative about customer service. Thanks for sharing Cindy18 and I truly hope things are better for you come September.

Thanks for such marvelous responses, all of you! I have been in a better mood since getting off the phone with ABD than I've been in for awhile, and all they did was try to find a way to let us have a vacation to look forward to. It was terrific, and I know that's why all of us feel so strongly about Disney. I went onto the ABD website and checked out the Costa Rica trip and it looks terrific, frankly all the ABD trips look terrific! We still really want to do Peru, but now at least we have some more time to make something happen!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter