Amazing day at Disneyland with the new DAS

Tennor

Mouseketeer
You can now book your own return times at Disneyland using the app. It was amazing!

By 2:20, we had done this:

Rise of the Resistance
Splash Mountain
Astro Orbiters
Buzz Lightyear
Space Mountain
Matterhorn
Alice
Teacups
Peter pan
Carousel
Pinocchio
Indiana Jones
Haunted Mansion
Pirates

After a late lunch, we took it slower:

Big Thunder (twice)

Dumbo

Snack break, main street shopping

Cross to DCA

Web Slingers

Dinner at Pym's test kitchen

Radiator Springs Racers

Mater's (four times)

Did you have an already existing DAS from a prior visit (i.e. are you Magic Key holders?)

We go tomorrow and renewed our DAS on Nov 20, so wondering if we will have the option to book ourselves automatically show up in the app once we arrive.

We used the new Disneyland DAS system on Thursday 12/9. (On 12/8 everything crashed and we used a paper card). It worked fairly well. We already had a DAS in place on our 5 day pass that started on Sunday.

We had a few hiccups with old DASes staying in place even after using them and having them scanned in. If this happens, first try to log out of app and go back in. If it is still not going away, you need help from an umbrella CM. We also needed help when we had DAS for 4 people, and 2 left park early, so they were not scanned in at the ride. (They should drop when the DAS holder goes on the ride? In a perfect world lol). And the WC return line like for Peter Pan, even the CM could not get rid of that one. At Jungle Cruise, they didn't have a CM with a scanner to scan us, so that also required assistance to get that DAS return time off.

But these were minor issues. We did not get on loads of rides, as it rained midday, we took a break; plus just pushing my son in a WC and dealing with his toileting problems makes that impossible. But this is a huge improvement, and this was only Day 1 of this new option. We went home on Friday.

We also had a great experience with DAS on the app! It would not work for us on the app Friday 12/10, but worked pretty well the other days, and the difference was incredible in the amount we were able to get done.

Our DAS times would not clear a few times, which was annoying especially when you are trying to squeeze a few more rides in at the end of the night- you can’t schedule new ones without going to an umbrella in that case. But overall, SO much better than going to an umbrella, or going to the attraction for a return time every time.

You can now book your own return times at Disneyland using the app. It was amazing!

By 2:20, we had done this:

Rise of the Resistance
Splash Mountain
Astro Orbiters
Buzz Lightyear
Space Mountain
Matterhorn
Alice
Teacups
Peter pan
Carousel
Pinocchio
Indiana Jones
Haunted Mansion
Pirates

After a late lunch, we took it slower:

Big Thunder (twice)

Dumbo

Snack break, main street shopping

Cross to DCA

Web Slingers

Dinner at Pym's test kitchen

Radiator Springs Racers

Mater's (four times)
What an awesome day!

Would you mind editing your post to add a * on the attractions you used the DAS for, please?

That would be helpful to give others a realistic picture of how the DAS helps visitors with disabilities have a balanced & fair experience— without giving the mistaken impression that it’s possible or even necessary to use it for every ride or attraction.

Thanks!
Glad you had a great time!

What an awesome day!

Would you mind editing your post to add a * on the attractions you used the DAS for, please?

That would be helpful to give others a realistic picture of how the DAS helps visitors with disabilities have a balanced & fair experience— without giving the mistaken impression that it’s possible or even necessary to use it for every ride or attraction.

Thanks!
Glad you had a great time!
It is possible to use the DAS at all of the attractions theyentioned and in fact may have been necessary at all of them, nut it would be interesting to know.

It is possible to use the DAS at all of the attractions theyentioned and in fact may have been necessary at all of them, nut it would be interesting to know.
I meant that with crowds the way they’ve been there, it’s unlikely they used DAS to get returns for all of the morning rides listed… not impossible, as you said… but the stars would have to seriously align. If they did … :worship::woohoo::wizard:

By necessary, I meant that (depending on the reason for DAS) very often, at Disneyland, it works out that getting a return time could be alternated with LL$ or G+ times, or with shorter wait attractions nearby. The same strategy can work @ MK (comparing like-to-like), but it seems that more of the lines at MK are accessible, than there are at DL.

Also— ROTR at DL & Webslingers @ DCA are still VQ, and the lines are accessible & more or less continuously moving, so the CMs limit DAS usage to those who need an alternative entry, which is a smaller subset of DAS holders… making it quite conceivable that those rides were experienced without the aid of the DAS.

eta: Sorry Evita… I hadn’t noticed you are a DL-er…. There aren’t too many of us . :wave:

I’ll still leave my comments, because they could be useful to other readers.

Last edited:
Also— ROTR at DL & Webslingers @ DCA are still VQ, and the lines are accessible & more or less continuously moving, so the CMs limit DAS usage to those who need an alternative entry, which is a smaller subset of DAS holders… making it quite conceivable that those rides were experienced without the aid of the DAS.

Actually ROTR and Webslingers have not been virtual queue at DL for about a month now.

That’s swell! (Sorry, my inner Mickey slipped out :earboy2:)

It must’ve been right after my visit. I thought it might happen soon @ ROTR because of the signs @ the entrance …

I didn’t notice them @ WS, but it could just have been that the queue path made them less noticeable. Or, it’s possible that I might’ve been paying more attention to Spider-Man hanging atop the building—doing his thing :rolleyes1… hard to say. 🤣

I meant that with crowds the way they’ve been there, it’s unlikely they used DAS to get returns for all of the morning rides listed… not impossible, as you said… but the stars would have to seriously align. If they did … :worship::woohoo::wizard:

By necessary, I meant that (depending on the reason for DAS) very often, at Disneyland, it works out that getting a return time could be alternated with LL$ or G+ times, or with shorter wait attractions nearby. The same strategy can work @ MK (comparing like-to-like), but it seems that more of the lines at MK are accessible, than there are at DL.

eta: Sorry Evita… I hadn’t noticed you are a DL-er…. There aren’t too many of us . :wave:

I’ll still leave my comments, because they could be useful to other readers.
Actually ROTR and Web Slingers both got rid of virtual queues just before Genie+ started, so the Disneyland Resort has NO virtual queues at this time (subject to change on busier days, but hasn't so far).

And yes, it could be alternated to work with LL$ or G+, but it could be done to get return times for all of those, especially through the app, as at DL, you can book the next one the second you scan past the first entry scanner (assuming it works the way Maxpass did), so quite doable. And yeah, not a lot of use DL-ers on here.

I took a two day trip to DCA/DL , as a WDW passholder, and it being my first time
I went on Thursday 12/9 to DCA, arriving around 1:00 -- went to GR and got my DAS pass, decided not to purchase Genie + but did purchase the ILL$ for Webslingers

This is not in order, but the two of us rode:
Webslingers
GotG Mission Breakout
Incredicoaster x2
The Little Mermaid
Radiator Springs Racers
Soarin
walked around and tried food and drinks from the holiday choices, and left by 8:00pm
We weren't really a fan of DCA, it felt like Universal Orlando to us, and we were glad we didn't buy Genie +

The next day Friday 12/10 was our Disneyland day. We used DAS, and Genie + and ILL$ to maximize our day

In no order we rode
Space Mountain x2
Alice in Wonderland
BTMRR
Buzz Lightyear
Haunted Mansion Holiday
Indiana Jones
It's a Small World Holiday
Matterhorn
Winnie the Pooh
Mr Toads
Pinocchio's
Pirates of the Caribbean
Snow White
Storybook land Canal Boats,
watched the fireworks, ate at two restaurants (a burger and a burrito)

We arrived around 10:00am and did take a break from like 1-4:00 because I was feeling a little nauseous, luckily our hotel was within walking distance. We still managed to do everything we wanted to do, and I would definitely recommend using all three to shorten your time in all lines if needed (I have severe claustrophobia, so I can't even do 30 minute waits in non-socially distanced lines, more like 15 before I get ill. We ended up leaving for our break after Space Mountain the 2nd time, because I got ill in the line that goes down to the loading area.)

Hope this helps someone!

We skipped all of Star Wars because we aren't fans and we have been to Galaxy's Edge and rode ROTR and MFSR and ST 100 times over.

One interesting thing with the digital DAS at DLR: it will only list the rides for the park you’ve most recently entered. Ie if I start in DCA, then I can only book rides at DCA via the app. Once I hop over to DL, I could book DL rides. BUT, if you go to a Guest Experience umbrella, they can book you a ride in either park. (I started in DCA a little before 1, mainly for entertainment not rides. First ride I wanted was Small World Holiday, so GET set that up for me.)

For those with DAS on 2nd visits already; are you able to book DAS before scanning into the park?

We're staying at VGC and want to get early start but avoid the RD crowd. Can we get return time while at VGC or need to scan into the park in the AM before 1st return time?

For those with DAS on 2nd visits already; are you able to book DAS before scanning into the park?

We're staying at VGC and want to get early start but avoid the RD crowd. Can we get return time while at VGC or need to scan into the park in the AM before 1st return time?

No, you have to scan into a park before the DAS button shows up. If you are entering DCA as your first park, it's really easy to scan in at the hotel entrance to DCA early and then head back to your room if you need more time to get ready. We did that on July 4. We had a breakfast reservation at Storytellers but wanted to get a return time for afterwards, so we walked into DCA and over to the nearest kiosk to get a return time and then went back to have breakfast. Worked out great because the return time was almost 2 hours later. It's even easier now because you just need to scan in and can turn around and go back to the hotel. For DL, you can do this by scanning into the monorail station and can start making a return time at that point.

Never did monorail in the AM inbound since traditionally Toy Story side pre-covid.

What time does monorail open in the AM -- ahead of 800A or not? It does save some steps as we typically start in tomorrowland and with DAS at scan, really does make sense to do that on day visits.

Never did monorail in the AM inbound since traditionally Toy Story side pre-covid.

What time does monorail open in the AM -- ahead of 800A or not? It does save some steps as we typically start in tomorrowland and with DAS at scan, really does make sense to do that on day visits.

Monorail opens same time as Disneyland official opening time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter