Amazing Family Time at Disney World

MiMiDebbie

Earning My Ears
Let me start by saying this was my 3rd trip to Disney World, first with FP+. We had and amazing trip that included myself(63), DD (43), DS (41), DGS (10), DGD (turned 8 while there) and DGD (3 1/2). We thought that MK was a bit crowded on Sunday 3/1, but did all we planned, 8:05 ADR at CP, then SB for PP, Magic Carpets, POTC, Jungle Cruise and Mickey's Philharmagic, FP+ for Buzz, FP+ BTMR (twice with rider swap), FP+ Splash MT (twice with rider swap), Stopped for a few MM pictures along the way. Watched FOF parade then headed back to POFQ for a break/swim before 8:00 ADR at O'hanas. Epcot was up next on 3/2. We did RD (only 3 people before us) and went on TT twice (stand by with rider swap), FP+ M&G with Mickey and Pals, FP+ Soaring ( 2 times with rider swap) FP+ Spaceship Earth then on to DTD for BBB at 1:00 for DGDs. 3:00 lunch ADR at Akershus, followed by a tour of WS and a few photo ops for MM. Didn't stay for Illuminations, which disappointed me but everyone was tired so we opted out this time. March 3 was Hollywood Studios day. We were at RD and went to TSMM to ride SB while DD and DGS went to JTA to sign up. Rode RnR twice SB with rider swap (first time for all, DS and I loved it) ToT twice with rider swap (another first, and another "loved it"), before watching DGS's Jedi Training. DS and DGS then rode Star Tours and thought it was one of the best rides yet. Next up was the Great Movie Ride, Beauty and the Beast show and the Indiana Jones show (all SB), finally Fantastmic, another first, before heading back to POFQ. March 4 was DGD's birthday so we has a resort day for swimming and relaxing (after we had birthday cake for breakfast) before heading o DTD for our 8:00 ADR at Portabello's ( good food and an awesome CM serving us). March 5 was our 2nd MK day (DS went to Lakeland for a Tigers's Spring Training game) RD time again and we rode WTP, Barnstormer, Dumbo, Carousel, Teacups, Pete's Silly sideshow and did the Ariel M&G and rode Under the Sea all SB, did FP+ for 7DMT and FP+ for Cinderella and Rapunzel M&G all before our 11:15 ADR at BOG (very nice and good food, magically appearing at our table).RD is essential! Next up was the coveted FP+ for A&E. Great interaction with the grandkids from both A&E! Back to POFQ for a break/swim before our 5:00 ADR at Whispering Canyon ( a complete hit with everyone) and back to MK for Space Mt, MSEP and Wishes. Final day was spent at AK with an 8:05 ADR for Tusker House (a favorite). Rode the safari SB and walked the trails then headed over to EE since SB was 10 min, we rode twice and headed to Flights of Wonder then saw a few characters and went FOTLK. FP+ Kali (3 of us got soaked) then on to our FP+ for EE,(twice with sider swap). Final FP+ was for Dinosaur (another first) and some time in Dinoland, (face painting, Primeval Whirl, TriceraTop Spin). Stopped at DTD for our final meal at Wolfgang Pucks (delish) and some sandwiches at Earl of Sandwich (needed to use extra CS credits)before our trip home. Forgot to mention we drove from Michigan and the trip was about 21 hours each way, kids slept thru the night while the adults took turns driving/sleeping. Whew! All in all I think we accomplished a lot, did some firsts, missed some things we had done before. The trip was a dream come true for me, spending time with my kids and grandkids in my "Happy Place". I wouldn't trade these memories for anything!!

Last edited:
OP, appreciated your report since we'll be going in a few weeks with extended family. We have a similar drive ahead of us, and we've got our fingers crossed for happy travels.:goodvibes
Good to hear that with rope drop, you were able to accomplish so much....this gives me hope. Since I am the 'chief planner' on this trip, and this will be our first FP+ experience, I have to admit I am getting a little stressed, as I want everyone to
have an enjoyable vacation.

My DD was the planner of the trip(I just paid for it, lol), she did an awesome job. She used Touring Plans for what to do in each park, on each day. We tried to stick to is as much as possible, but did vary somewhat. Sometimes my DD would fret because we were off plan (mostly the first MK day) but everything worked out great overall. On most of the other park days we were ahead of her plan so we could sneak in "extras" each day. Rider swap(for 3 1/2 year old DGD) really helped maximize FP+, as did RD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter