• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amazing Race

Watching, but haven't seen the entire episode yet--I watch with DS17, and we both couldn't stay up that late! So, we'll watch the rest tonight. I like the deaf father and his son. Probably other teams, too, but I have to see the rest of the episode.

I watched it, can't believe I stayed up for the entire show.

I also like the deaf dad and son; I like the Chinese husband and wife; and the Army buddies.

I like the brothers but I don't see them lasting too long. I tried to like the sisters but they seem like a train wreck. I can see the 2 guys that are engaged being nasty to the other teams. I want to like the married high school sweethearts team but we'll see. Hopefully he doesn't turn into one of those dominate husbands that we see on there.

I was fine with who went home, they weren't going to make far at all since they couldn't make a decision. I don't care for the mother/daughter team. They seem like they're going to fight the whole time.

Glad it's back to the old way and love the new 90 minute format!

I liked who came in first.

Good for the girls for eating all those bugs for the express pass.

Not sure why that guy told them all the word puzzle to get to the front if you know it just leave…lol your not in the back.

I too wish it wasn’t on so late after watching a 90 minute Survivor.

Last edited:
So, I think that I missed why the ladies ate the bugs for an express pass, but didn't progress directly to the end point. Is that express used for advancing whenever they want?

I really like the dynamic of the son and deaf father and the Asian couple.

So, I think that I missed why the ladies ate the bugs for an express pass, but didn't progress directly to the end point. Is that express used for advancing whenever they want?

I really like the dynamic of the son and deaf father and the Asian couple.

Yeah, they can save the express pass to skip one future challenge.

Army guys, asian couple, deaf dad/son are my fave. Love the 90 minutes - is it going to be on Wednesdays, always following Survivor (and will that always be 90 mins?). I missed that part.

Love the Amazing Race! I mostly enjoy seeing all the beautiful locations. My DVR automatically recorded it, watching it now. Impressed the sisters ate the bugs. Those massages looked rough, Andrea and Malaina who switched were lucky they got in before it filled up again. I’ll reserve judgment on the teams for another week or 2.

I am a little concerned about Rob and Corey, when more collaboration happens in challenges later on, if Rob will be included.

Yes, I had a great time watching last night! Specific thoughts:
- I like the new, longer format, and I like it after Survivor. The two shows are a natural pairing, and I look forward to watching them together on Wednesday nights. We always make a charcuterie board for dinner and snack on it while we're watching.
- I also like the dear dad and son. I didn't know the term CODA until last night.
- I also like the brother-brother team and think they have the right kind of strength to be real contenders in this game.
- I think the Asian couple is a power house.
- I like the father-daughter team too.
- I agree that the mother-daughter team aren't going to stay long since they can't make a decision. Part of this show is making a decision, sticking to that choice and moving fast.
- I can also see the male-male engaged couple turning nasty on the other teams.
- Yeah, I don't know why the other teams allowed that guy to go first to say "City of Angels".
- I had no idea a "City of Angels" existed other than LA.
- The girls who ate the bugs are champions! I would've had a hard time doing that. They did right by holding onto their Express Pass. They were in no danger of being last /eliminated, but they could find themselves in that position later in the game.
- Did Phil say there will be NO non-elimination rounds this game? I'm not sure I heard him right.
- Yes, I love seeing all those beautiful locations!

Yes no non liminations legs this season.

I thought the others didn’t know the answer so he gave it to them to go to the front. Maybe the others were just going to try?

I think the others had "City of Flags" or something? But then, you'd think he'd be fine, staying where he was, since they'd be wrong...or, he'd be wrong, and wouldn't have lost anything. I don't know that he was thinking straight, in the rush of everyone trying to get through the challenge.

I like both the brothers teams. As the mom of a son roughly their age, I just find their relationships extremely sweet. :goodvibes I think Greg and John will be “my team”, with Liam and Yeremi as my fall-back if they get eliminated.:cheer2:

Not sure why that guy told them all the word puzzle to get to the front if you know it just leave…lol your not in the back.
I was thinking one of two things:
- he wanted to help them early in the game in case he needs help later on.
- he was trying to set a tone in case he was wrong, they would all continue to work together. He didn't want to be left behind.

I didn't know the term CODA until last night.
There was a movie out last year about this. I didn't see it but apparently it was really good, won a couple of Oscars. I might have to give it a try this weekend.

I'm glad the airplane thing is back. Can I just say I love that Amazing Race and Survivor embrace disabilities :flower3: Amazing Race IMO does more of that.

I enjoy the non-elim aspect but will admit sometimes I liked having a team or two get that second chance, when there were too many though it did make what could probably be seen as a weaker team (not necessarily physically either) pass on through.

I did totally get squeamish at the insect eating more the spider part :crazy2:

Army guys, asian couple, deaf dad/son are my fave. Love the 90 minutes - is it going to be on Wednesdays, always following Survivor (and will that always be 90 mins?). I missed that part.
They announced this earlier this year that both shows were moving to a 90 min format but I'm not sure if they've full committed to doing both of these shows for the future seasons this way or if this is just trialing it out.

I understand the complaint about the time part although I record the episodes personally speaking, however I like the 90 mins aspect especially for Survivor because of the shortened number of days they are sticking with. It means we get more time in the game (even if it's just them sitting around that could be strategizing time) than before where many of us complained it felt like we didn't get much of that.

I like the 90 mins for Amazing Race if it means I get more time to see challenges completed and to know how in the world did this team get lost lol. You know how that happens where they just stop showing a team and you're like "they must have gotten lost" but then you don't get to see what ended up happening. Plus maybe we'll get more camera shots of the destinations. Anyone else watch Amazing Race and then get the travel bug?? So me!

Looking very, very forward to the new season. I don't like the u-turn coming back though. I never liked that. Glad for express pass. Wish they'd offer another chance for it in a subsequent episode.
I hope things like flights don't become too much of the great equalizer. Like when teams do really , really well at a challenge, only to get to the airport, and everyone is on the same flight. Glad they'll be limited spots. Although if a plane has mechanical issues, that can change everything.
So far, all teams seem likable. I always pull for underdogs, love it when they surprise everyone. Like last season that ladies team who put that motorcycle together faster than anyone. I also tend to appreciate the less physical challenges, more puzzles, etc. or at least a good mix of it.
So cool seeing last year's winners giving out the next clues at the first challenge!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter