amazon.com

javamoma

<font color=deeppink>Diz Kid for Life<br><font col
For the last 2 days I have not been able to get on amazon.com. Is anyone else having this problem??? :confused3 So bizzare!

Ah, man. I think that just means I am a loser because I still can't get on :lmao:

No Amazon?!? :scared1:

I am able to get on fine...what happens when you bring it up? Maybe try another browser.

I only have internet explorer as a browser on my computer so I don't have another one to try. It's so odd that I still can't get on. Every other website pulls up fine. But when I try to go to amazon the computer looks for it for at least 5 minutes and then it goes to ask.com as if I typed in a non-existing address. Then I click on the recommended site from ask.com (www.amazon.com, same as I typed in to begin with) and it still sends me back to ask.com saying the address was invalid.
This is bizzare...am I in the twilight zone???:eek:

Check what add-ons you have installed for IE and try disabling some.

I'd also be concerned that you've been hit with some sort of virus or rootkit that is hijacking certain browser URLs. They are difficult to detect. I just had to wipe out a laptop that was hijacking google results...

Also, just in case you haven't in the past two days...completely reboot your computer (a lot of people with laptops only put it to sleep). This will clearany cached DNS data that could be causing problems.

When in doubt reboot! When I turned my computer on this morning amazon pulled up just fine. I have no idea why I didn't think of that earlier. Isn't that suppose to be the first thing you try?
Thanks for the help!

When in doubt reboot! When I turned my computer on this morning amazon pulled up just fine. I have no idea why I didn't think of that earlier. Isn't that suppose to be the first thing you try?
Thanks for the help!

Yep... followed by "Is your monitor on?", "Is your keyboard plugged in?", and "Is your mouse plugged in?".

;)

Glad it fixed itself for ya!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter