Amazon delays

pirate33

Mouseketeer
DVC Gold
Just finished a split stay at two WDW DVC resorts. I wanted to order a few things from Amazon and was thwarted by timing. Last week, on Wednesday (maybe Thursday), I placed an order that would have arrived in San Francisco (my home) next day but Amazon said it wouldn’t arrive until the following Tuesday. The package actually didn’t arrive until Friday, almost a week later! I tried cancelling once it became clear the package wouldn’t arrive in time, and thankfully the DVC resort readily agreed to reject the package.

But this was not a problem with just one product. I looked into buying another couple of things and also received unusually long delivery times. In the past, I’ve been able easily to order things for delivery within a day or two at WDW.

Has anyone else noticed this and could there be a reason? Orlando is a very busy place so I don’t understand why delivery times would be so much longer than SF.

I should have said that in the past (for quite a number of years), I have been able easily to order things from Amazon and have them delivered to a DVC resort next day or the day after. I’m talking about “regular” Amazon items, not fresh groceries.

Warehouse staffing is an issue and they have slowed all delivery types for FBA goods. And if it is a third party seller anything could happen for time.

My problem has been the resort losing shipped Amazon orders, but they got there on time.

To your point, Fresh deliveries are fine.

Our experience last month was being charged a package delivery fee when we didn’t have a package delivered. We called about it and they said we must have had something delivered or sent. When we said we did not, they said they would remove the charge as a goodwill gesture. As if they were doing us a favor 🙄 A few days later at home we received a package from Saratoga springs addressed to my husband. Inside was another package addressed to someone else with the same (very common) last name and completely different first name. Guest at Saratoga springs. The package had a check in date about 5 days earlier than ours. It was clear and we could see it was womens clothing that is sold by Amazon. We called again and they had us go to UPS and return it to them. Hopefully the person ended up receiving their package eventually! I don’t think I will ever have anything of importance delivered to the resort. Lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter