• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amazon delivery of mattress to hotel?

momofmikey

Mommy also to Daniel and Lauren
We are planning our first Universal trip for the end of May. Still not sure which resort we are staying at, but regardless we need a third bed. I know we could do the rollaway, but I would rather have the convenience of an inflatable air mattress that I could deflate every morning for more room. Will be flying in and don’t have a car. Does anyone know if the hotels can receive a delivery from Amazon if I was to order a mattress from there?

Wal Mart has a blow up mattress that you could fit into a carry on bag/backpack. Or even your luggage, it weighs about 7 pounds.

Wal Mart has a blow up mattress that you could fit into a carry on bag/backpack. Or even your luggage, it weighs about 7 pounds.
Oh ok thanks, I’ll check it out. This will be the first time we’re flying and not driving to Florida in over 20 years, so I’ve been spoiled with being able to pack whatever we need.

You'd have to call the hotel to confirm if they can receive a delivery (I believe they can), but be aware they may impose a fee for receiving and storing a delivery on your behalf. I know some of the WDW resorts do this.

You could probably check Amazon prime now for a delivery for one. They have all kinds of stuff and they do bag your stuff so the hotel doesn’t see it.

They won't know what you ordered. AFAIK they don't open things and inspect them. Unless of course it doesn't come in a box, but even then I don't think WDW has a policy against using an air mattress as long as you don't exceed the occupancy limits.

But maybe I am wrong.

Suggestion:
Compare the size of the air mattress with the available space in the room to be sure it fits.

I can't see why Universal would be different than Disney. When we went to Disney in 2019, my son forgot to pack underwear LOL so I ordered some from Amazon Prime and they were at the hotel in 2 hours. It was awesome! The front desk called our room to let us know we had a package.

We are planning our first Universal trip for the end of May. Still not sure which resort we are staying at, but regardless we need a third bed. I know we could do the rollaway, but I would rather have the convenience of an inflatable air mattress that I could deflate every morning for more room. Will be flying in and don’t have a car. Does anyone know if the hotels can receive a delivery from Amazon if I was to order a mattress from there?

Packages (non food) are usually delivered to the Business Centre at RP, I`m sure HRH and PBH have the same type of set up, and there is normally a small charge for them to receive it.

Don't forget an inflation pump!

Personally, I would pack an extra bag with the mattress, pump, sheets, etc. I would use that bag for snacks too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter