Amazon owes Kevin some free books

PeterPan09

<font color=royalblue>bury my iPod with me, on shu
I just ordered the Kindle, based in large part on Kevin's recommedation and the links he posted to reviews and discussions of the Kindle and the Nook.

How many Podcast listeners have done the same? You'd think they'd at least send him a few free books for all that $$ he's bringing in.

I enjoy sharing information when something is very good or very bad.

There is a lot of mis-information out there and I think it helps to hear from others what experiences they have had.

I think the Kindle is an amazing product and Amazon has a great 30 day "no questions asked" refund policy.

In my opinion, that's a "win - win" situation.

I hope you both enjoy your new Kindles.

Interested in UK peeps reviews :) I noticed that Lee Cockerell's book on Kindle is not available for UK download.
Any other notable restrictions ?

There is a lot of mis-information out there and I think it helps to hear from others what experiences they have had.

I think the Kindle is an amazing product and Amazon has a great 30 day "no questions asked" refund policy.

You have me SOLD on it! Now, if Santa just got the message...... :confused3

I didn't realize that I could IMMEDIATELY start ordering books that will be downloaded to the Kindle before it even arrives!! :cool1:
I have a reading list already!!!

Interested in UK peeps reviews :) I noticed that Lee Cockerell's book on Kindle is not available for UK download.
Any other notable restrictions ?

Hi Reid,

I know that this has something to do with publishing rights and the different laws in different countries.

While Lee was here, he was telling us that his book was available in 10 languages....but we didnt discuss digital rights or publishing.

You might find some info on the Kindle discussion forums.

They can be found here:

http://www.amazon.com/tag/kindle/forum/ref=sv_kinc_6

The forums have recently gotten an awesome search function...just in case you dont see the information you're looking for or want other opinions.

I finally gave in and ordered a Kindle yesterday. Should be here tomorrow. It's a X-mas present to myself :)

After listening to Kevin talk about it, I did some research on my own and figured I would bite the bullet - so to speak

I'm am avid reader spending about $60 dollars a month on books and no way to store them anymore. Some books I keep because I like to re-read them.

I can't wait to get the Kindle in my hot little hands. I already downloaded the PC app as well as the Iphone app to at least familiarize myself. Already purchased 1 book to see if I like the Kindle when it arrives.

Merry X-mas to me....:santa:

I finally gave in and ordered a Kindle yesterday. Should be here tomorrow. It's a X-mas present to myself :)

After listening to Kevin talk about it, I did some research on my own and figured I would bite the bullet - so to speak

I'm am avid reader spending about $60 dollars a month on books and no way to store them anymore. Some books I keep because I like to re-read them.

I can't wait to get the Kindle in my hot little hands. I already downloaded the PC app as well as the Iphone app to at least familiarize myself. Already purchased 1 book to see if I like the Kindle when it arrives.

WOOHOO!!!

You are going to love it.

Merry Christmas to you!

I did the same thing. It's been a CRAPPY year and I wanted to give myself a special Christmas present for surviving it with at least some of my sanity intact.

Mine should be here Thursday, it already has 5 books on it ready for me to start reading!! (those free titles are COOL)

I'm excited for you all getting a new Kindle.

I have something else to share.

After spending what amounts to a small fortune on book lights and being disappointed, I have finally found one that I think might be perfect.

My newest acquisition is a Mighty Bright book light.

They can be found here:

http://www.mightybright.com/

I tried the flexible neck light, but ended up not liking it.

Ot's ok as long as you sit in one position. If you shift, the light moves in the direction the cable holding it up is wound.. I found myself holding the kindle in one hand and holding the light with the other..

My favorite can be seen here:

http://www.mightybright.com/Book_Lights/25/ProductDetail.html

I hope you find my extensive research helpful.:rotfl:

I'm excited for you all getting a new Kindle.

I have something else to share.

After spending what amounts to a small fortune on book lights and being disappointed, I have finally found one that I think might be perfect.

My newest acquisition is a Mighty Bright book light.

They can be found here:

http://www.mightybright.com/

I tried the flexible neck light, but ended up not liking it.

Ot's ok as long as you sit in one position. If you shift, the light moves in the direction the cable holding it up is wound.. I found myself holding the kindle in one hand and holding the light with the other..

My favorite can be seen here:

http://www.mightybright.com/Book_Lights/25/ProductDetail.html

I hope you find my extensive research helpful.:rotfl:

Amazon, Oberon and this Mighty Bright company sure should!

Can I ask why you need a book light though? Is the Kindle harder to read in normal light than a regular book?

Amazon, Oberon and this Mighty Bright company sure should!

Can I ask why you need a book light though? Is the Kindle harder to read in normal light than a regular book?

The Kindle is very much like a book in that you will need external lighting in low lighting situations.

Sinece my eye surgeries and because I read in bed frequently....I need a book light so as not to annoy anyone (ok...John).

The Kindle is very much like a book in that you will need external lighting in low lighting situations.

Sinece my eye surgeries and because I read in bed frequently....I need a book light so as not to annoy anyone (ok...John).

Ok, that makes sense. I remembered that it wasn't backlit, so when you mentioned the light I thought maybe it needed more than standard lighting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter