• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amazon Prime?

LoriKutchey

DIS Veteran
Just tried a trial membership and the kindle book I want is free with prime but 3.99 without membership. I clicked on book and it is 0.00 with prime and 3.99 without. But the only button that shows up is buy for 3.99. I am logged in and it says prime membership on the left side of my screen. Do I buy it for 3.99 then they deduct it off my charge?? Never used it before so I don't know how it works any help would be appreciated.

It should say $0.00 as the price with prime if you are logged in with your prime membership, it doesn't charge and credit it. Try logging out completely and back in and see if that solves the problem.

The book is probably only free with paid Prime memberships. They have restrictions on some of their 'free' Prime things when you are on a free membership.

If you have already loaded a book using Prime it won't let you, limited to one per month for free borrowing.

Did not work! I can't even see a contact email to ask about it.
No phone number is posted on the website either.

I had to call Amazon last month and finding a phone number was challenging. Try 18002017575, that's what I called and they were able to help me.

I figured this out the hard way last week. The items that are free for Prime members to borrow are only free if you download them from your Kindle. I felt like the information was really misleading and confusing. Like you, I thought I was just supposed to buy it, and the charge would come off of my account, but I had to call customer service and have the charge removed. I much prefer to browse and buy books from my computer because of the larger images and increased information, but you have to borrow items directly from your Kindle if you want them to be free. :confused:

That is good to know. I was wondering if I should keep Prime since my 30 days is up. If I can't download a book to my tablet using the Kindle ap it's not good for me at all! Decisions, decisions!

I thought it was very interesting. It looks like the free loaning library is only for Kindle owners with Prime. The customer service guy told me that you do not get free loaning for other devices, only Kindle. I have several Kindles on my account, so that wasn't a problem for us, just bad communication on their part.

That is good to know. I was wondering if I should keep Prime since my 30 days is up. If I can't download a book to my tablet using the Kindle ap it's not good for me at all! Decisions, decisions!

You do realize that the free lends is just one small perk of Prime, don't you? I adore Prime, it pays for itself in my household within four months. The shipping is the main draw for me, two day at no cost, next day for only $3.99 per item. This also transfers over to endless.com as well, so another benefit. I first used the free 30 day trial over Christmas one year, it easily pays for itself here.

The loaning library will not even show up on my kindle. I am on hold now with customer service. Will post an update shortly.

I have a free version of Prime and even though I get the shipping perks I do not get the lending library or streaming for free that Prime members who pay get.

Dawn

My DH has a kindle fire with prime. I know I can link my email to his and use the prime membership, but can i watch the free movies associated with it from my computer or can you only get those on the kindle as well?

Still on hold.... I already streamed a prime movie for free with no problem customer service did say i should be able to use the kindle books also. They are troubleshooting now.

I had to figure this out yesterday. First, as others have said, you have to view it from your kindle. Second, the lending library doesn't come up till after you are viewing the book on the full screen on the kindle.

I am still trying to decide if I want to keep the membership once the 'free' period is over. We don't order a lot throughout the year. The movie selection appears very week. I do like the 1 free book a month, but don't need it.

Still on hold, but it does work if I do it the way "believe" stated. Thanks.
Will have to tell customer service this when they come back on :headache:
They should have a better tutorial on how to explain all of this. How would I know :confused3

P.S. thanks Maddie's Mom for the phone number!! I will write that down in my phone book!

They came back on and couldn't explain why I was not getting the 1 click tab on the computer screen but then told me to circumvent all of that and do it the way "believe" said. So anywhoooo even trial memberships do get streamlining and kindle book borrowing.

Thanks all :)

You may also want to check with your local library and see if they have books available to check out on Kindle. Our library does and it works just like checking out a regular book, but you do it from your Kindle and you check it back in when you are done reading it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter