America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you think that? What would be different? In some ways probably more opportunity in Canada as we have more social safety networks, proper maternity leave (allowing people to take career risks) and our cost of college is way cheaper. And you aren't tied to an employer's healthcare.

Sorry I think your statement is just bizarre and radically uninformed.
But, you know, 'murica. 🙄

Never said that. We are far from perfect as is the USA. No country is utopia. But it was just an odd statement.
I did find it very confusing.
"I haven't looked into moving to another country" is confusing? Seems pretty plain to me.

The US has great healthcare. Move to Canada or some other countries and you can see the difference.
I'm sorry, I can't let this go. $70,622. That's the cost for the knee replacement surgery I had two weeks ago. $60,400 is the charge from the hospital. The rest is surgeon and anesthesiology fees. I haven't seen anything itemized yet (this was from insurance claims that have been processed) so I don't know if this is everything, or if there are more charges to come (medications, xrays, lab testing, etc). I was at the hospital for 11 hours.

It took 3.5 months to get the surgery scheduled, which is nothing; if I'd gone with a different medical group, they were booking a year out. I don't see too much "great" about this. At least I have "great" health insurance, at $350 a month and a $5000 deductible. I guess we have different definitions of the word "great."

I'm sorry, I can't let this go. $70,622. That's the cost for the knee replacement surgery I had two weeks ago. $60,400 is the charge from the hospital. The rest is surgeon and anesthesiology fees. I haven't seen anything itemized yet (this was from insurance claims that have been processed) so I don't know if this is everything, or if there are more charges to come (medications, xrays, lab testing, etc). I was at the hospital for 11 hours.

It took 3.5 months to get the surgery scheduled, which is nothing; if I'd gone with a different medical group, they were booking a year out. I don't see too much "great" about this. At least I have "great" health insurance, at $350 a month and a $5000 deductible. I guess we have different definitions of the word "great."
And you're one of the lucky ones who actually has insurance!

But rah rah! 'murica!

Well, it seems to becoming one. The thread was (unless I'm interpreting it wrong) was meant to celebrate the USA and instead it became a criticism of all its fault instead. When I say patriotism, I mean loving one's country (while recognizing the issues that remain) and respecting others viewpoints. With all due respect, you keep bringing up negative social issues in a thread meant to be celebratory. Just an observation.

Well, it seems to becoming one. The thread was (unless I'm interpreting it wrong) was meant to celebrate the USA and instead it became a criticism of all its fault instead. When I say patriotism, I mean loving one's country (while recognizing the issues that remain) and respecting others viewpoints. With all due respect, you keep bringing up negative social issues in a thread meant to be celebratory. Just an observation.
🤦‍♂️

Where'd you get that info from?
I agree those seem way sus... the numbers I found are much different...

In Finland, the average single worker faced a net average tax rate of 31.1% in 2022, compared with the OECD average of 24.6%. In other words, in Finland the take-home pay of an average single worker, after tax and benefits, was 68.9% of their gross wage, compared with the OECD average of 75.4%.

https://www.oecd.org/tax/tax-policy/taxing-wages-finland.pdf

Taxes are not a bad thing if you feel like you are getting value on your investment. Education, health care are excellent returns in my opinion for paying taxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter