American Airlines Priority Security Question

lvloopingbag

DIS Veteran
Hi!

Has anyone ever used this option when booking a First Class ticket? If so, what does it entail? Does it really save you time going through security at the airport? Is it even available at MCO? Any and all information is appreciated. I cannot seem to find much about the option...Thanks!

Never used it, but the AA website doesn't have much in the way of details. When checking luggage, I seem to recall many airlines already have a separate counter for 1st/business class passengers so it isn't clear how this would be any different. I am curious to see how the TSA area will work if every airline starts offering such features. TSA already has the regular lines for most passengers and also those TSA-precheck lines. Since with 1st class you would already have an assigned seat, not sure the order of boarding really matters that much.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-program/aadvantage-status/priority-privileges.jsp

1667505314135.png

I've seen it used at some airports, United at ORD being the most recent. You get to access a shorter line to get through whatever security procedures you need. It saves some time, but not all that much. Southwest calls it Fly-By. I don't think Delta offers it anymore since they offer Clear to their elites. The airlines pay the TSA for the privilege of offering this. If you really want a better security experience, get TSA Pre-Check. That has saved me probably 12 hours in security lines over the last three years, and I don't have to take my medications or electronics out of my backpack.

Some airports (not all) have Priority lines for travelers with elite airline status or traveling in First Class, the word "PRIORITY" will be printed on your boarding pass noting this and if your airport has this option then you can enter the Priority line, typically the line will have a sign with the airline logos that can use that line, just note that the Priority line is NOT the same as TSA pre-check or CLEAR, the priority line is simply a seperate line designated for elite status members and First Class passengers, if you do not have TSA precheck you will still be eventually funneled into a regular TSA security checkpoint where you will have to remove your shoes, remove electronic devices from bags, etc. along with all other passengers going through normal security screening.. The priority line CAN be helpful at certain airports but realistically speaking, IMHO I have elite status with American and in most cases I feel like the "Priority line" is more of a smoke and mirrors pseudo effect when it comes to TSA checkpoints, only TSA pre-check and CLEAR truly allow for an expedited security screening..

MCO does not have a priority lane. They do have FlyClear and PreCheck but not a first class/priority lane. Super annoying because I was traveling with the family and had to use the regular line since they didn't have PreCheck. I contemplated leaving them in line but thought it might not go over well. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter