American College of Pediatricians issues Gardasil concern

This is the one vaccine I'm holding off on for my daughter. She suffers from constant, daily headaches (2-3/10 pain level) and gets severe migraines on top of that (8-10/10 pain). I've heard and read about increased risks of headaches with the vaccine, and am not willing to risk putting her through that right now. Once we get the migraines and headaches under control, maybe then. (It's been over two years since they started.)

This is the one vaccine I'm holding off on for my daughter. She suffers from constant, daily headaches (2-3/10 pain level) and gets severe migraines on top of that (8-10/10 pain). I've heard and read about increased risks of headaches with the vaccine, and am not willing to risk putting her through that right now. Once we get the migraines and headaches under control, maybe then. (It's been over two years since they started.)

For me, people like your daughter are one of the most compelling arguments for getting my own kids vaccinated. The vaccine doesn't just protect my kids from the virus, it protects yours as well, by making it less likely she'll encounter it "in the wild", as it were.

While I wholeheartedly believe in many, if not most childhood vaccinations I also believe that you shouldn't be a LEMUR and follow "just because you are told by a doctor". All vaccinations are not created equal, and individuals have a right to decide what they are putting into their or their loved ones bodies. A co worker of my husbands who died of the flu shot has made me rethink forced vaccinating, which his job required. It may be rare but if it happens to your loved one, rare means nothing.

I have no idea what the American College of Paediatricians stands for.

Um did you mean a LEMMING?

Who'd want to be a boring old lemming, when you could hang out with this gang?

For-wildlife-enthusiasts-Madagascar.jpg

Here's great news: the vaccine is only for certain strains of HPV, there are many more. Heard this from someone who had a cervical cancer scare after having had the vaccine. That's what the doctor told her. Prophylactics are also not completely preventative but I'd say scare the heck out of your kids so they use them.

Here's great news: the vaccine is only for certain strains of HPV, there are many more. Heard this from someone who had a cervical cancer scare after having had the vaccine. That's what the doctor told her. Prophylactics are also not completely preventative but I'd say scare the heck out of your kids so they use them.
no not every one but the ones that cause 70% of cervical cancer and 90% of genital warts. So although not perfect, its a start

Educating your kids works even better than scaring them. ;)

http://www.advocatesforyouth.org/publications/1487

The HPV vaccine protects against 70% of the strains of HPV, MOST, but not ALL of which cause cervical cancer.

Condoms REDUCE the risk of HPV transmission, but do not prevent it. HPV can live on areas of the genitalia that is not covered by a condom. (I'm not sure how much of this will get ***)

Women die of cervical cancer, and cervical cancer caused by HPV is proven to cause infertility.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter