• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

American Girl Dolls?

DaystarPearl

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know when the American Girl sale starts or did I already miss it? I know it's a once a year sale and I'm hoping I didn't miss it.

There is usually a sale on clothes and accessories on Cyber Monday. They also sometimes offer a small percentage off coupon or free shipping in the catalogues. I've seen them on Jill's Steals and Deals (part of the Today show), but there won't be another of those deals until next year.

American Girl does not do any major sales other than a Cyber Monday which is basically a clear out of old stock. They occasionally have daily deals on specific merchandise or seasonal sales on season specific items. Dolls are never included.

For the last several years AG has had some great sales on dolls. At least once a year they do a Jill steals with deals on various dolls and packages.

The annual American Girl sale was in July. It's at their headquarters in person near Madison.

The online sales historically have only included outfits and accessory-type stuff. There have been a few Jill's Steals and Deals that included dolls but they are not announced in advance and sell out in literally a matter of minutes. The facebook page for Jill's Steals and Deals says no more American Girl sales this year, so don't look at that as a source of Christmas presents.

They've also been on Zulily a few times this year. Those haven't sold out nearly as fast but the prices are higher than Jill. I haven't heard at all if that will happen again before the holidays but again I wouldn't bank on it since it's completely unpredictable.

The Costco gift cards mentioned above would be the best way to get a deal on a doll at this point.

There is usually a sale on clothes and accessories on Cyber Monday. They also sometimes offer a small percentage off coupon or free shipping in the catalogues. I've seen them on Jill's Steals and Deals (part of the Today show), but there won't be another of those deals until next year.

How do you know there won't be another? Typically they do one in Nov or Dec each year. I bought what I wanted this summer, but I still often try for the deal when I see them in case I have a family member who wants one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter