American Idol 2011 - The "Spark" Is Back!

TheTXTaylors5

He's the Mickey to my Minnie
:rolleyes1 I haven't watched American Idol in years. We avoid The American Idol Experience at DHS like the plague. For some reason, with some fresh new faces at the judges table, I started watching this season. Like most people, when I first heard that Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez were added to the judges panel, I was VERY skeptical. I honestly can say that I am NOT disappointed one bit. They are fantastic judges and such a breath of fresh air to the show, especially Steven Tyler. Who would have thought this great rocker would be such a "softy". Also, there are some really good singers among the contestants. Of course they throw is some duds for comic relief. But, the way some of those fifteen year olds could sing makes me think that Glee may have made singing "cool" again. I am now back on the American Idol bandwagon. Anyone else???????

:confused: Does anyone know how far the winners at The American Idol Experience get to advance? Do they have to wait with the thousands in the stadiums they showed on tv? If not, I would think people might be better off taking a vacation to WDW and trying out at The American Idol Experience. It doesn't hurt to try if being a singer is your dream. Who knows, the next words you hear could be ...

"You're going to Hollywood!" :cool1:

:goodvibes Jennifer

Winners of the Experience get to go directly to auditioning in front of the 3 judges.....bypassing auditions for the producers.

They do not have to wait with the thousands.

Those with the highest number of votes will compete at the end of day in the grand finale show. The winner of this daily event gets a guaranteed reservation at a future American Idol regional stadium audition without having to wait on the long lines. (That is the only advantage that the Disney Hollywood competition finalists have. They will still need to compete with the rest of the American Idol applicants at the regional auditions.)

The Disney competition will be open for guests age 14 and up. Since American Idol is limited to participants in the 16 to 28 year age group, the winner of Disney's contest can transfer their pass to a friend or family member or, in the case of those under age 16, save it for a future Idol competition. The pass cannot be sold.

my mother made me go to the american idol experience at DHS and I really did not want to waste my time there but I really enjoyed it..so much so we went to two shows during the day and the last show of the evening.

I briefly watched AI for one season a couple of years back but didnt love it..I just watched again to see what the fuss was about with the new judges I do agree they are great and I personally hate JLO but I seem to like her on the show. Tyler is hysterical and I like him the most of the 3 judges...but it does freak me out when he hits on the younger attractive girl contestants but he is a rock star so I think they get free passes on that kinda stuff. :confused3:lmao:

I am now back on the American Idol bandwagon. Anyone else???????
I think "Spark" is actually a very interesting and apt word to use. An electrical spark cannot happen without there being two sides: An electrically charged side and a conductive side. If you're missing either side, the spark cannot happen. I think that happens with lots of things: American Idol, surely (but also WDW, for that matter!): The television show (or the theme park resort) is just one side of things: We are the other side. If we are not "conductive" then there isn't going to be a spark.

I've seen folks talk about American Idol in that manner in past years, that it has "lost its spark", but in some of those years, it had "its spark" as far as I was concerned. That year, I was "conductive", but perhaps the person who didn't feel positively-inclined toward the show wasn't "conductive". (The same sort of thing has happened with WDW.)

I'm not sure that I'm feeling that this year is substantially different than last year. I think it is pretty-much in the same place it has been every year, at this point in the season. I think my "conductivity" toward AI hasn't varied much, year-to-year, regarding the auditions. The year-to-year differences come into focus for me only during or after Hollywood Week.

I've watched all seasons of American Idol but the first one (Kelly Clarkson's season). I really enjoy the show, but it was getting dull. I absolutely love it now with the freshness the new judges bring. It's been a topic of DIS podcast chat each week!

I really enjoyed the American Idol Experience at DHS. I would go back several times a day if possible. I can't wait to get down there with more time so I can go to the finale show.

I really enjoyed the American Idol Experience at DHS. I would go back several times a day if possible. I can't wait to get down there with more time so I can go to the finale show.

With my revived interest in the show, we might have to catch the AIE during our next trip too. :thumbsup2

:tinker: Jennifer

I haven't watched it years...maybe I'll give it a shot

I agree! It's fresher and not the "same old, same old" it had become.
I had serious reservations about the new judges, and thought maybe I wouldn't even bother watching this year.
But wow! I am very impressed with both Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler. What a surprise! And I agree- Tyler is nothing like I expected- I actually like him as a judge! (I have not been a fan of his music- but I really don't know all that much about it)

I am looking forward to this season!

I used to be a HUGE AI fan. I've watched at least "most" of every season. Last season was awful. I've watched it a little this year, and it's good, but I always enjoy the audition rounds. Later rounds will be the true test for me! But I really miss Simon, and I'll probably only turn the show on if I'm really bored - I'm already watching too many shows anyway! (Also, Steven Tyler is a little creepy hitting on the younger contestants!)

I suspect Tyler isn't really "hitting on" anyone. He's been in a relationship for over four years. What we're seeing is probably just his manner - the character he's portrayed for four decades. He did the "relationship with underage girl" thing, and I suspect he's learned his lessons by now - he's reminded of the lessons of his past excesses every day. Besides his two younger children, he has two daughters over the age of 30, who both adore him. I suspect they wouldn't be so fawning if he was as creepy as he portrays himself.

My friends and I were just talking about how much we love the new judges especially Stephen Tyler! Really wasn't that impressed when they announced the new judges but after watching they are GREAT!

I was pretty much done after Adam Lambert didn't win, and too many judges last year, but started watching it a little this year. I am as surprised as anyone that I'm actually enjoying it again! LOVE Stephen Tyler, and the two recent shows with the guy with the paralyzed girlfriend, and Stephen Tyler singing the "Don't Want to Miss A Thing" with the 15-year old girl for her parents was so wonderful!! Now I'm hooked again. Need to get a DVR.

I'm enjoying it as well.

I'm quite surprised, actually. "Chemistry" between three people on camera is a rare thing to come by, but for whatever reason, Paula, Simon and Randy had it in spades. It just *worked*.

I didn't think for a moment that Stephen Tyler and J-Lo, (not my favorite person by far...) would pump new life into the show - But, darned if it isn't working- go figure.

Could turn out to be a great season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter