American Idol at Aulani?

modavi

Earning My Ears
Hello, I saw on Facebook that American Idol is going to be filming at Aulani Feb 9 to 16th? Does anyone have any more information about that and what it entails? Is this still something that's happening since the new Covid wave? I can't find any details and when I called MS they didn't seem to have any information to give me about it.

"We wanted to make you aware that during your stay at Aulani Resort we will also be welcoming a national television production. This television production will utilize a portion of Ko Olina beach at Aulani Resort from February 9 –16, 2022 for filming. Aulani beach activities and amenities will be provided along the rest of the beach.

During the dates listed above, it is possible that you may see or hear production taking place. We appreciate your patience and understanding, and hope you will enjoy being at Aulani Resort during this exciting time."

I don't think we knew for sure that it was American Idol until now.

Ahh, I see so they don’t explicitly state that it’s American idol? I guess it would make sense given the dates but I’m sure they film a lot more at Aulani than just that. We were considering switching our trip to the 10th but then I saw that and I’m not sure I want to visit while a film production is shutting down portions of the resort.

In the past they’ve primarily used the beach, although the cast were filmed in and around the resort itself. There are quite a few vids on YouTube that give a view into the activity.

Definitely a lot of bystanders to deal with though.

Although most people consider the beach part of the resort, it’s actually public space, as are all of the beaches in Hawaii. (Technically anything below the highest waveline is public property).

Well this was very disappointing to read. We have a stay booked that week and have not received any notifications. Based on prior year photos it appears much of the gorgeous view is blocked by a huge stage. It sure would have been nice to receive a few months notice so we could have just booked one week later.

Thankfully we arrive on February 23rd. We missed the taping a few years ago also...later learned it was a big disruption.

"We wanted to make you aware that during your stay at Aulani Resort we will also be welcoming a national television production. This television production will utilize a portion of Ko Olina beach at Aulani Resort from February 9 –16, 2022 for filming. Aulani beach activities and amenities will be provided along the rest of the beach.

During the dates listed above, it is possible that you may see or hear production taking place. We appreciate your patience and understanding, and hope you will enjoy being at Aulani Resort during this exciting time."

I don't think we knew for sure that it was American Idol until now.

ew, don’t like this. We arrive on Feb 12 for a week!

I arrive the same day... I don't know, I think it'll be kind of neat to see.
Don’t need the extra crowds…already mildly freaked out about the numbers of people I will be interacting with :). See ya on the 12th!

I would think they picked that week since it prob will be low time. So I dont think the show will add too many people to an already low season.

I doubt there will be any impact to the main part of the resort. It's confined to the beach, and it looks like they're pretty well off to the side. I think the only impact that will be pretty much unavoidable will be sound.

I would like to thank the OP for this thread as we were never notified about this for our upcoming trip. We ended up moving our trip to September as we would not have been happy with the disruption.

No problem. I'm surprised Disney didn't notify everyone with stays over those dates. I would be quite upset if I showed up to that surprise. I can totally get the appeal for some to see it. If I was a fan of the show I'd be interested in checking it out. But they should notify everyone never the less. And I would probably be upset if my whole trip was like that. Maybe just for a few days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter