American Idol Attraction at DHS

Fredd's Girl

No one told us happily ever after could be this gr
SERIOUSLY???? Did Disney learn nothing from WWTBAM?!?!?!? I may be outvoted here, but I think this is the DUMBEST thing Disney has done in a long time. You have a chance to "win" an audition spot? Just go audition already! How about Disney create a real attraction to try and breathe some new life into this park instead of a 7 time a day talent show??? :mad:

I'm VERY disappointed (in case no one could tell...) I'd like to know what my fellow pod squadders think??

I agree! That is one attraction that I will most definitely be skipping. There are so many other things that could have gone in the old "millionare" arena and they pick "win a chance to audition for AI?" BOOOO! :mad:
With the chopping of the back lot tour, the animation studios no longer being a "working studio" what are the imagineers thinking???? :sad2:
I don't get it either. Hopefully there are enough of us to boycott the whole thing and they will realize it wasn't a good idea and put something better there!

I think it has potential. It depends on how the format is. If the judges are funny and witty and the contestants are either really good or really bad, it could be a great show.

We should give it a chance first.

The one on tv has never interested me (obviously I'm in the minority there since it does so "well" in ratings)...so no, not something I will use my precious Disney time for while in Orlando!

Why would WDW do AI? Ins't that FOX owned? :confused3

Apparently there was an agreement reached with Fox and the production company who owns the rights to American Idol.

I think this is going to be a nice addition to the Studios. I mean, really, did we all expect the ABC theater to be gutted and tunred into some other ride-through, animatronic attraction. It's a theater...It will probably always be a theater. What made sense from Disney's perspective was to fill it with a theater type show. I think American Idol fits the bill very well. Anybody who was expecting more was probably expecting too much, IMHO.

So how long does everyone think it'll last? Place your bets now, folks!

I'm sure whether it's successful or not, they'll have to run it in to the ground to pay for whatever construction/remodeling of the building. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say 2-3 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter