American Idol Experience Attraction

ericafny

<font color=purple>OK, I am a real Harry Potter ge
Is it me or does this seem like a whole lot of work for a theme park attraction? Based on the review from last week's show I really can not see this thing lasting very long. Who is going to waste their entire day doing this? And to think it may also be semi-fixed?!? I don't know who said this on the show but I agree with them when they said Disney is going to have to figure out if they want this to be a serious attraction or a a comical one. For some reason this attraction just doesn't seem right to me. They could have put something else that would have been so much more interesting in this space...just my opinion. What does everyone else think??:confused3 :confused3

Although I'll never understand why this attraction is there I have heard some things on why it was built. Whether they are true or not who knows.

Apparently, Disney partnered with Idol based on how lucrative the contract was for them. Basically, Disney gets a newly refurbished theater at no cost to them. The Idol franchise paid for the refurbishment. So, at the very least, if the attraction fails Disney is left with a newly refurbished theater.

I wonder how much talent will tryout on a daily basis. It sounded like during the previews Disney had Cast Member stand-ins in case they could not fill the shows with appropriate talent. We'll have to wait and see what kind of response the attraction will get.

Apparently, Disney partnered with Idol based on how lucrative the contract was for them. Basically, Disney gets a newly refurbished theater at no cost to them. The Idol franchise paid for the refurbishment. So, at the very least, if the attraction fails Disney is left with a newly refurbished theater.

Ah ha...so the truth comes out! Thanks for the info Aaron :thumbsup2

Neat! Aaron, you have waaaay too much time on your hands ;)

I'm not really IN to this attraction... I mean for us international or transatlantic visitors American Idol can spend a lot of your time in one day, if I'm doing such a long trip to WDW I want to see everything I CAN!. So I think this attraction is better for someone that can go often to WDW or is a true and good singer (which I am not... I love music... but sure I CAN'T SING). I don't know... I would preffer if they bring back Mr Toad's wild ride (I use to love that attraction :) ).
:confused3 I think American Idol will not last that long... don't know why... just a feeling...

I'm not really IN to this attraction... I mean for us international or transatlantic visitors American Idol can spend a lot of your time in one day, if I'm doing such a long trip to WDW I want to see everything I CAN!. So I think this attraction is better for someone that can go often to WDW or is a true and good singer (which I am not... I love music... but sure I CAN'T SING). I don't know... I would preffer if they bring back Mr Toad's wild ride (I use to love that attraction :) ).
:confused3 I think American Idol will not last that long... don't know way... just a feeling...

Allesandra I am so with you on not being a good singer either...When I sing to the children at the school even they look at me funny :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter