American Idol Season 14 Official Thread

Let’s Start at the Very Beginning. A very good place to start.
And here we go for the top 8 guys!

• Daniel Seaver – He seems more suited to that 80’s TV show Growing Pains Seaver Family than American Idol stage. Baby face cutie pie singing How Sweet it Is. Is that a tautology or what?
  • Mark Andrews – Am I watching Karaoke or American Idol? I liked him better last week.
  • Rayvon Owen – You really got Sunshine. Exactly what most of the US needs to thaw out. And you definitely sang high enough to crack the ice.
  • Adam Ezegelian - Big hair, big character, big voice. Big shame that he didn't really let any of it loose this week. I Want You Back next week.
  • Clark Beckham – Well, well, well! Who would have known that you really can bend it like Beckham with that change-up towards the end of your Tracks? I hope you stick around for quite a few more weeks.
  • Nick Fradiani – I feel like we finally got to the main acts with him tonight. Signed, Sealed and Delivered.
  • Qaasim Middleton – Entertaining. But I Wish you'd learn some proper dance steps.
  • Quentin Alexander – Good move; losing the nose ring. The third in the Stevie Wonder Ring series. And the most convincingly original of the 3....but was it too laid back?
Wow! No Country boys?? Must be a first for Idol. Now.....if only we could lose the teeny bopper. For me, it's going to be the battle between the big hair or the chiselled cheek bones for the boys.

Straight on to the girls....

• Tyanna Jones – Is she only 16?? I liked her last week. But she's first up this week and I'm going to do the girlie thing and sit on the fence.
  • Loren Lott – How on earth did she make it through last week? Oh wait....that's right. The girls were all terrible last week. Is she better this week? I don't remember. I don't like this song choice for her.
  • Maddie Walker – Okay. I think I will Be There for Maddie this week. So much better than last week. Still pitchy, though. I like the way she smiles with her eyes.
  • Joey Cook – So glad Ms Quirky made it through this week. I'm happy to see that she's stayed true to her special style but I suspect that America will not keep her around for too much longer.
  • Sarina Joi-Crowe – I liked this arrangement. It sure had a Hold on Me. She was a bright spark last week and it was the same spark again this week for me.
  • Adanna Duru – She was someone that put me to sleep last week. But she had me at Hello this week. She could well be the emotional sleeper Idol is looking for this year. Time will 'intonation' tell.
  • Jax – Unlike JLo and Harry, I liked the arrangement. I definitely see gold and white for Jax. Although the dress is definitely blue and black.
  • Alexis Gomez – Who the heck voted last week? She didn't wow me last week and it wasn't any better this week. Even with the Sugar Pie, this was pretty lacklustre. Besides, I quit sugar at the start of the year. Please. Stop. Voting. For. Her.

The surprise of the second half is that the girls sounded better than last week. But the boys are still a whole head of hair ahead.

Here's to next week. Friday nights are turning into all-night Idol marathon sessions here.

princess::upsidedow

Let’s Start at the Very Beginning. A very good place to start.
And here we go for the top 8 guys!

• Daniel Seaver – He seems more suited to that 80’s TV show Growing Pains Seaver Family than American Idol stage. Baby face cutie pie singing How Sweet it Is. Is that a tautology or what?
  • Mark Andrews – Am I watching Karaoke or American Idol? I liked him better last week.
  • Rayvon Owen – You really got Sunshine. Exactly what most of the US needs to thaw out. And you definitely sang high enough to crack the ice.
  • Adam Ezegelian - Big hair, big character, big voice. Big shame that he didn't really let any of it loose this week. I Want You Back next week.
  • Clark Beckham – Well, well, well! Who would have known that you really can bend it like Beckham with that change-up towards the end of your Tracks? I hope you stick around for quite a few more weeks.
  • Nick Fradiani – I feel like we finally got to the main acts with him tonight. Signed, Sealed and Delivered.
  • Qaasim Middleton – Entertaining. But I Wish you'd learn some proper dance steps.
  • Quentin Alexander – Good move; losing the nose ring. The third in the Stevie Wonder Ring series. And the most convincingly original of the 3....but was it too laid back?
Wow! No Country boys?? Must be a first for Idol. Now.....if only we could lose the teeny bopper. For me, it's going to be the battle between the big hair or the chiselled cheek bones for the boys.

Straight on to the girls....

• Tyanna Jones – Is she only 16?? I liked her last week. But she's first up this week and I'm going to do the girlie thing and sit on the fence.
  • Loren Lott – How on earth did she make it through last week? Oh wait....that's right. The girls were all terrible last week. Is she better this week? I don't remember. I don't like this song choice for her.
  • Maddie Walker – Okay. I think I will Be There for Maddie this week. So much better than last week. Still pitchy, though. I like the way she smiles with her eyes.
  • Joey Cook – So glad Ms Quirky made it through this week. I'm happy to see that she's stayed true to her special style but I suspect that America will not keep her around for too much longer.
  • Sarina Joi-Crowe – I liked this arrangement. It sure had a Hold on Me. She was a bright spark last week and it was the same spark again this week for me.
  • Adanna Duru – She was someone that put me to sleep last week. But she had me at Hello this week. She could well be the emotional sleeper Idol is looking for this year. Time will 'intonation' tell.
  • Jax – Unlike JLo and Harry, I liked the arrangement. I definitely see gold and white for Jax. Although the dress is definitely blue and black.
  • Alexis Gomez – Who the heck voted last week? She didn't wow me last week and it wasn't any better this week. Even with the Sugar Pie, this was pretty lacklustre. Besides, I quit sugar at the start of the year. Please. Stop. Voting. For. Her.

The surprise of the second half is that the girls sounded better than last week. But the boys are still a whole head of hair ahead.

Here's to next week. Friday nights are turning into all-night Idol marathon sessions here.

princess::upsidedow
T8 me Clark or Mark could be country

Okay I'm finally home, here are the details for wild card!

• On Wednesday, March 11, Ryan Seacrest will reveal the five guys and five girls who advanced from this week’s Top 16 performances based on the public vote. The judges will name TWO wildcards. Unfortunately, it looks like the contestants who were eliminated prior will not be eligible. That sucks.
  • The Top 12 will reprise their audition songs (TV Line notes that Caleb Johnson chose a second audition song that wasn’t aired. So that’s possible).
  • On Thursday, March 12, ONE contestant will be eliminated. The remaining 11 contestants will perform again.
  • The following Thursday, March 19 (No Idol on Wednesday March 18. It’s a two hour Empire season finale instead) ONE more elimination and the Top 10 will perform. It’s a two hour show.
  • Beginning Wednesday, March 25, Idol settles into a once a week, 2 hour format that combines performances and results.

Wednesday's show will be taped Tuesday morning.

Who is Caleb Johnson? So I wonder with wild cards one girl one guy?

T8 me Clark or Mark could be country

I'm not sure either of them could be country. Mark reminds me somewhat of Lee Dewyze a few seasons ago with the style of his music. Clark is more singer/songwriter. I just don't see him fitting country well.

Who is Caleb Johnson? So I wonder with wild cards one girl one guy?

The forgotten winner of last aseason. Probably unless the girls royally stink

I'm not sure either of them could be country. Mark reminds me somewhat of Lee Dewyze a few seasons ago with the style of his music. Clark is more singer/songwriter. I just don't see him fitting country well.

The forgotten winner of last aseason. Probably unless the girls royally stink
I had no idea who he was LOL

I did not care for Adanna at all. I agree with Harry, the whole thing was out of tune.

I did not think of this song as Motown.

Yet it definitely is:

motown-lionel-richie-hello-uk-orig-7-pic-sl-vg--2_5718846

My favorites (except for Shi) got in. I watched the show late and ff'ed thru most of it so I'm listening to the girls on my earphones at the office.

I LOVED Sarina Joi, never even noticed her before. Same for Adanna. She did the talk thing in HELLO and KILLED ME!

I really like Jax, she is an entertainer and as I said I LIKE being entertained! I liked the way she redid Ain't No Mountain High Enough, which is one of my LEAST favorite Motown songs and made it interesting. She has a maturity that is way beyond her age.

Wait, did I say THAT was my LEAST FAVORITE SONG??? I meant ROCKIN' ROBIN!!!! :mad::mad: For obvious reasons. Tyanna was okay, I'm not a fan of hers, though.

I really didn't want to LIKE Maddie but I did! She also think she has a beautiful tone to her voice.
Have no earthly idea why Alexis made the final choice, except because JLo wants one more Latina in the show....:badpc:

I think I'm FINALLY going to enjoy a year of AI!! :tongue:

But...but.....you ARE Rockin', @Robinrs.

:goodvibes

This song has followed me ALL of my life. It was first a big hit the year I was born and everyone thought I was named after it. BUT it came out about 2 months after I was born so NO! Then it came out again by Michael Jackson when I was in HIGH SCHOOL! :scared1: Needless to say I'm SICK of that darned song!

:goodvibes

This song has followed me ALL of my life. It was first a big hit the year I was born and everyone thought I was named after it. BUT it came out about 2 months after I was born so NO! Then it came out again by Michael Jackson when I was in HIGH SCHOOL! :scared1: Needless to say I'm SICK of that darned song!
I bet you are.

Joey is definitely weird and too affected in terms of her performance, but if you close your eyes and just listen - she is actually a really great vocalist.

I've always disliked Jax but couldn't quite figure out why... her wearing "the dress" tonight made me realize that she is somebody who is really concerned with the "trends" - she's like a youtube singer, trying to make themselves into the latest meme.

Alexis was HORRIBLE.

(also... I thought Lionel Richie's "Hello" was a little out of place for the theme. It may have been released on a Motown label, but all I could think was "Hello 1984!". I guess I just associate "Motown" music with earlier generations?)

I really like Jax, she is an entertainer and as I said I LIKE being entertained! I liked the way she redid Ain't No Mountain High Enough, which is one of my LEAST favorite Motown songs and made it interesting. She has a maturity that is way beyond her age.

:tongue:
....AND she's a Jersey girl. :snooty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter