American Idol Season 14 Official Thread

Maybe it is moving to the new venue, but it seemed that almost every contestant had intonation issues tonight.

Daniel is a cute kid but he is so far out of his league he is playing a different sport. IMO they made a mistake in bringing him to Hollywood week, let alone into the top 24. With another couple of years to mature vocally, he could be real force to be reckoned with. Instead, he will remain on the show for the next few weeks getting the "he's so cute" vote and will then end up in the vault of "oh yeah, wasn't he on Idol once?" instead of with a singing career. I really think it is a disservice to him and his potential.

Kimmar - I'm eating my words because I have to say that I though Jax was the best of the girls tonight. I haven't liked many of her performances since the initial audition, but this performance really raised my opinion of her.

I know most of the people here hate Joey, but there is something about her that intrigues and entertains me. She knows who she is and isn't trying to fit anyone's mold but her own. I'm not sure how far she'll go, but I liked her performance better than most of today's performances.

I really enjoyed Nick & Clark - both seemed natural and in control on stage tonight.

Caught the show late tonight. I thought Clark was by far the best. He can sing! That is something some of the others seemed to have trouble with tonight. To a lessor degree I liked Tyanna, Maddie and Jax. I really did not care for the others. I was very sorry to see Mark go. He was my second or third favorite.

Thursday tomorrow night and Thursday next week...then after that we go to Wednesday only I believe

Only one day a week- I will like that! I like the show but don't like being committed to 2 nights of tv a week- I watch two shows a week, survivor and idol and now they are both on the same day so that is good!

Daniel is a cute kid but he is so far out of his league he is playing a different sport. IMO they made a mistake in bringing him to Hollywood week, let alone into the top 24. With another couple of years to mature vocally, he could be real force to be reckoned with. Instead, he will remain on the show for the next few weeks getting the "he's so cute" vote and will then end up in the vault of "oh yeah, wasn't he on Idol once?" instead of with a singing career. I really think it is a disservice to him and his potential.

Kimmar - I'm eating my words because I have to say that I though Jax was the best of the girls tonight. I haven't liked many of her performances since the initial audition, but this performance really raised my opinion of her.

I know most of the people here hate Joey, but there is something about her that intrigues and entertains me. She knows who she is and isn't trying to fit anyone's mold but her own. I'm not sure how far she'll go, but I liked her performance better than most of today's performances.

I really enjoyed Nick & Clark - both seemed natural and in control on stage tonight.

I really like Daniel but he really is out of his league here, he is just such a cute kid, always smiling - its hard to NOT like him! I really hated the way Jax changed that song around, not my favorite for sure! I think final 2 should be Nick and Tyanna- they are head and shoulders better than everyone else. I hope the Barbie doll looking girl goes home next and Qusseem.

That slower version of I Want To Hold Your Hand is not really Jax's version. The slowed down version was done in t he movie Across The Universe.

That slower version of I Want To Hold Your Hand is not really Jax's version. The slowed down version was done in t he movie Across The Universe.

I thought Jax's try at slowing it down was OK but that one was much better. It kept the original melody and was just prettier than what Jax sang.

Spoilers for tonight courtesy of MJ's blog

Adanna Duru – Bruno Mars’ “Runaway Baby”
Jax – Taylor Swift’s “Blank Space”
Joey Cook – Iggy Azalea (feat. Charlie XCX)’s “Fancy”
Maddie Walker – Jason Aldean’s “She’s Country”
Sarina Joi-Crowe – Demi Lovato’s “Neon Lights”
Tyanna Jones – Janelle Monae’s “Tightrope”
Clark Beckham – The Doobie Brothers’ “Takin’ It to the Streets”
Daniel Seavey – Pharrell Williams’ “Happy”
Nick Fradiani, Jr. – Avicii’s “Wake Me Up”
Rayvon Owen – Ellie Goulding’s “Burn”
Qaasim Middleton – Paul McCartney & Wings’ “Jet”
Quentin Alexander – Adele’s “Rolling in the Deep”

Performing also are Empire‘s Jussie Smollett and Bryshere “Yazz” Gray will perform “No Apologies” from the season 1 soundtrack

Based on those spoilers I hope people vote on the singer, not on the popularity of the songs. I know I haven't heard the performances yet but I am a little concerned.

Based on those spoilers I hope people vote on the singer, not on the popularity of the songs. I know I haven't heard the performances yet but I am a little concerned.

I fully except some good commentary from you tonight. I'm dreading Joey's.

Spoilers for tonight courtesy of MJ's blog

Adanna Duru – Bruno Mars’ “Runaway Baby”
Jax – Taylor Swift’s “Blank Space”
Joey Cook – Iggy Azalea (feat. Charlie XCX)’s “Fancy”
Maddie Walker – Jason Aldean’s “She’s Country”
Sarina Joi-Crowe – Demi Lovato’s “Neon Lights”
Tyanna Jones – Janelle Monae’s “Tightrope”
Clark Beckham – The Doobie Brothers’ “Takin’ It to the Streets”
Daniel Seavey – Pharrell Williams’ “Happy”
Nick Fradiani, Jr. – Avicii’s “Wake Me Up”
Rayvon Owen – Ellie Goulding’s “Burn”
Qaasim Middleton – Paul McCartney & Wings’ “Jet”
Quentin Alexander – Adele’s “Rolling in the Deep”

Performing also are Empire‘s Jussie Smollett and Bryshere “Yazz” Gray will perform “No Apologies” from the season 1 soundtrack

Not many party songs I recognize. The one that sticks out to me. My ears cringe at the one singing it trying to sing it. LOL

I just listened to the performances here at work. I was out last night for my BIRTHDAY...:bday:

Yes, I'm an
9s7ay1.gif
but an ol lady with SPUNK!:smooth:

I have to say I have A LOT of favorites this year. Actually NO ONE makes me want to vomit...yet.

Not a fan of the prepubescent guy but he does have an adorable smile.:) I want to go fix him formula and change his diaper....:p

Mad crush on Nick, Rayvon, Quentin AND Bend it like BECKHAM... good LORD, BLUE EYED SOUL!! :love1:

and someone tweet that idiot Harry and tell him that IT'S A MAN'S WORLD is NOT chauvinistic!:headache: And I KNOW chauvinistic and am the first one to throw a rock when I hear it.:rolleyes:

Still like Jax, Joey is just different but she doesn't bother me yet, liked Tyanna much more this week and love SJC. Adanna is growing on me but she had me at HELLO, not so much this week. Maddie is sort of cookie cutter but has a nice tone to her voice.

Glad they're only running one time a week this year. They're really jumping the shark ratings and fan wise.

I just listened to the performances here at work. I was out last night for my BIRTHDAY...:bday:

Yes, I'm an
9s7ay1.gif
but an ol lady with SPUNK!:smooth:

I have to say I have A LOT of favorites this year. Actually NO ONE makes me want to vomit...yet.

Not a fan of the prepubescent guy but he does have an adorable smile.:) I want to go fix him formula and change his diaper....:p

Mad crush on Nick, Rayvon, Quentin AND Bend it like BECKHAM... good LORD, BLUE EYED SOUL!! :love1:

and someone tweet that idiot Harry and tell him that IT'S A MAN'S WORLD is NOT chauvinistic!:headache: And I KNOW chauvinistic and am the first one to throw a rock when I hear it.:rolleyes:

Still like Jax, Joey is just different but she doesn't bother me yet, liked Tyanna much more this week and love SJC. Adanna is growing on me but she had me at HELLO, not so much this week. Maddie is sort of cookie cutter but has a nice tone to her voice.

Glad they're only running one time a week this year. They're really jumping the shark ratings and fan wise.

Happy belated birthday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter