American Idol Season 14 Official Thread

Top 12 Show

We’re back to the past with the theme being Audition song. Is this the biggest show aside from the finale? Time will tell!

My take on tonight’s performance:

• Sarina Joi-Crowe – No joi for me. Shrill, shrill, shrill
  • Rayvon Owen – Wide Awake? I don't think so. Snooozzzzzeeeee. I really don't like this Katy Perry song at all. And it's definitely not any better from Rayvon. But at least he was in pitch. Props for that last note.
  • Daniel Seavey – Baby face Seavey. I really wish that the minimum age would be raised. He's too young for Idol.
  • Maddie Walker – Oh Deer! She's back to her best deer in headlight impersonation tonight. Still....it was a good but not great performance. She won't be packing her Suitcase just yet.
  • Tyanna Jones – Green hair tonight. Isn't it a little early for St Patrick’s Day? I like her voice and her energy, even if she was just a little flat tonight.
  • Nick Fradiani – Sadly, for me, he continues the trend of being just a little off tonight.
  • Jax – I agree with Keith. Stay at the piano, Jax. I liked what you did there. But you were the first contestant tonight to make me stop multi-tasking and focus on the TV.
  • Qaasim Middleton – Another entertaining performance but I really wish he'd learn how to dance well. Love the scat! Shame about the last shrilly notes.
  • Clark Beckham – What a Man's World way to leap to the top for me. Man, oh man! Best voice so far tonight. What a way to demonstrate how to S-I-N-G!
  • Joey Cook – I know she’s not going to win but I truly love her quirkiness. She'll make a great cabaret act; but not an American Idol winner.
  • Quentin Alexander – So glad the judges Wild Card-ed him in. I would love to see more of him. However, tonight was pure rocky road at the start and emotion-packed at the end. I don't think this was a good song for him.
  • Adanna Duru – Compelling watching for the first half of her performance. Less is sometimes more, Adanna. Tone the power down a little.

It could be me. But I thought 9 of them sounded off key tonight. The clear stand-outs for me were Clark and Jax and Joey.

Of the 4 cast-offs, I'm sorry to see Adam go. Given the way voting went, I'm obviously in the minority here.

I'll be back in a bit. Onwards with the second show.....

Top 11

And straight on to the second show. We moved from one show to the other so quickly that I completely missed the theme for tonight.

• Rayvon – I know he has that falsetto that gives him that extra reach....but I'd really like to hear him sing a male song for a change.
  • Maddie – Let's just say She's Country and leave it like that. I'm not a country fan.
  • Joey – I stand by my comment that she's a great Cabaret performer. I will cheerfully pay to see her live in cabaret. What a great performance this was. For me, it reinforced what a great singer she is. I don't think she’s been off-key at all in any of her performances to date. Which is more than I can say for all the other contenders to date.
  • Clark – After Joey and the Empire guests, this was pretty pedestrian. Not as good as his last performance. Terrible song choice.
  • Jax – I didn't look up once!
  • Qaasim – I've been a fan of the theatrical performances and woeful dancing until now. Tonight, it was painful obvious that you can't really sing well as well.
  • Adanna – I loved this performance tonight. What a great controlled way to bounce back and Run Away with the vocals. But I wish she would say less during interview time. Less is still more, Adanna.
  • Tyanna – Something incredibly infectiously fun about the performance tonight. Even if some of the notes were sharp, I was happy to keep looking up.
  • Daniel – Not. Happy.
  • Quentin – Thrift shop cool indeed. I liked this arrangement of Rolling in the Deep. And pretty decent vocals from Quentin to back up that good arrangement.
  • Nick – Nice way to Wake Me up at the end. And he's decent enough eye-candy for me to want him to stick around next week.

So I think the voters got it right with Sarina based on her performance. And the judges got it right too.

My favourites from tonight – Joey and Adanna.
My bottom picks – Jax and Daniel.

Speaking of bottoms....mine is sore from 2 hours of sitting.
Note to self. Get up and walk around next week.

princess::upsidedow

Next week, on a special night, Thursday, March 19(8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed), American Idol 14 judge, Jennifer Lopez will perform her new song “Feel the Light,” from the new DreamWorks Animation/Twentieth Century Fox movie “Home,“ in which she voices the character “Lucy Tucci,” and which will hit theaters on March 27.

Next week, on a special night, Thursday, March 19(8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed), American Idol 14 judge, Jennifer Lopez will perform her new song “Feel the Light,” from the new DreamWorks Animation/Twentieth Century Fox movie “Home,“ in which she voices the character “Lucy Tucci,” and which will hit theaters on March 27.
Off topic I wanna see Home it's so cute

....that's what they have DVR for....;)

Our Cable TV subscriber box comes with a built-in DVR. Believe it or not I WAS using it to record Idol....and even then, I still sat through 2 hours of programming straight. :sad2:
I MUST remember to get up. I MUST remember to get up......and hit that pause button. :upsidedow

Our Cable TV subscriber box comes with a built-in DVR. Believe it or not I WAS using it to record Idol....and even then, I still sat through 2 hours of programming straight. :sad2:
I MUST remember to get up. I MUST remember to get up......and hit that pause button. :upsidedow

I swear I watch the hour show in about 15 mins and the 2 hour show in about 30. Too much talking, too much Empire, too much unnecessary critique, too many commercials.

I'm calling it, Tyanna and Clark in the finale. America usually gets the final 2 right, anyway. I think Joey will be there until almost the end, along with Nick.

So Tyanna is a Janelle Monae fangirl. That's where her clothing style comes from, and her hairstyle. She was thrilled to be doing that song. I hope the stylists can convince her to find her own look, and Scott can convince her that other songs are worth singing and find her own style. She's so talented.

Clark needs to show off his voice every week. Nick really needs a hat. I know that hairstyle is very trendy, but it's so ugly. Joey looked quite cute this week, and sang well. I hope people quit picking on Daniel, it's not his fault he's still there. Intrigued by Adanna, Beyonce' lite. I LIKE Quaasim's dancing, not so much his singing. Not getting much from the rest.

Harry is saying exactly what I'm thinking! It's spooky.

who is that lol? Anyone hear what was wrong with Maddie?
Nile already has a connection to American Idol via a couple of collaborations with season 8 runner-up, Adam Lambert. Nile played on “Shady,” from the singer’s second studio album, Trespassing. The two also collaborated with Avicii on his track, “Lay Me Down,” from the album 2013 album, True.

As far as Maddie I know she's not well, she was in the hospital a short bit it looked liked from her twitter photo and she wasn't at the mentoring session. Not much has been said. I know she's been tweeting a lot it looks like from her twitter

Seem weird because one of the other contastant tweeted that she did have an appedictis rupture. Also seems werid to be in the hospital for the flu with her being so young.

I don't think we'll ever know the truth unless it comes from her and she's not said much that I saw.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter