American Idol, Season 5 **Official Discussion Thread**

Slacking said:
IMO, if someone doesn't want to know who gets eliminated before viewing the show, they probably shouldn't read the thread until they view the episode. I love seeing people's instant reactions to the weekly boot.

Looking foward to this season and the possibility of more interesting contestants.

That's what we did last season...I remember all the OMG's when Constantine got voted off.

Lisa loves Pooh said:
Back on topic:
So--does everyone think they'll be focusing more on bad singers in the previews.? It seems the people who "sneak through" to the semi-final rounds--don't usually make it to the final round. So the producers must have an idea of what will happen.

It doesn't go live until they get to the bunch that goes on to the group we get to start voting for. Thats' why we get the bad singers and also get glimpses of those that are going through. At air time right now the show already knows who is in the final group that goes for votes.

We've never watched AI before, but we are going to TiVo it tomorrow. One of my DD's friends from her high school was selected as a finalist! He has an amazing voice and, as my DD says, "he is so hot!"

He disappeared for a while in November and signed a contract stating that neither he nor his family could say anything about what happened.

But the rumor is that he could have said something if he had been cut. So it's the "no news is good news" theory now because they haven't said a thing.

We'll find out tomorrow!

Well, I just sitting here listing to my fav from last season...BO! It CD is just WONDERFUL, and can listen to it for hours. Carries is good as well, but I like Bo's more.

I am looking forward to the new season. I have already seen two of the singers who make it to Hollywood. They are twin brothers, together they sounded GREAT. But it will be intresting to see how they do in Hollywood. It seems that everytime they let the siblings audition together and they get them to the next level and seperate them, they don't do as well and don't make it to the finals.

Just subscribing to the thread and getting ready for tonight!

I can't wait, I love the auditions part! I have the TiVo all set because my DD has soccer until 8:15. What were those trainers thinking? :confused3 No activites on Idol Night! :mad:

For all you Bo fans, did you get to see the show "In the Moment" that followed him around for a while. It was on CMT this weekend. It showed the birth of his little boy, a lott of his wife, his health problems and recording songs for his CD. It was great.

Love, Love, Love Bo!!!!! Can't wait for tonight. DD and I have our kick off party all planned.

A friend from college will be seen on the Boston Auditions, He got to taped and he saw himself on the previews, he didnt make it to the next round but he was cool with that.....he name is Larry

My voice teacher had a student that went to LA for the next round of auditions and he made it through all of those auditions, then they made him choose a song ,from their list,for the next day and he panicked because he didnt know them well enough and quit! :eek:

apprently he was in the top 100 when he quit. Im not sure if they are going to show him but his name is Nick

I am so excited I could scream! DH will only watch these early auditions with me because he likes to hear the bad singers. Once the good stuff starts happening he pretty much tunes out. TIVO has the whole thing on Season Pass for us.

On a side note, I'd like to point out that like another poster mentioned, I too have been able to pick the winners from the initial auditions. I picked Kelly Clarkson to win from her very first audition. I actually picked CLay to win (and I still stand by the notion that he really was the winner from season 2...Ruben who?). I knew Fantasia was going to win even though I hated her from the first time I saw her. And I knew that Carry had it from her initial audition too, though I switched my personal favorite to BO when I first saw him perform in the trio with Constantine in Hollywood.

I hope I can pick this years winner too!

It's on! I'm SO glad to hear that there will be even more ROCKERS! Thank you Bo!

oohhh gross - did you see the sweating guy?

Oh my goodness...that cop was hilarious! I shot the sheriff....

I think the deputy is skipping, someone needs to smack him in the back of the head to get the rest of the words out :rotfl2:

Jennasis said:
I am so excited I could scream! DH will only watch these early auditions with me because he likes to hear the bad singers. Once the good stuff starts happening he pretty much tunes out. TIVO has the whole thing on Season Pass for us.

On a side note, I'd like to point out that like another poster mentioned, I too have been able to pick the winners from the initial auditions. I picked Kelly Clarkson to win from her very first audition. I actually picked CLay to win (and I still stand by the notion that he really was the winner from season 2...Ruben who?). I knew Fantasia was going to win even though I hated her from the first time I saw her. And I knew that Carry had it from her initial audition too, though I switched my personal favorite to BO when I first saw him perform in the trio with Constantine in Hollywood.

I hope I can pick this years winner too!

My husband is the same way. He'll only watch the horrible auditions with me.

The only winner so far that I haven't picked out from the beginning was Fantasia. I second your opinion on Clay/Ruben. I still think Clay is the real winner :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter