American Idol winner - only golden ticket?

locodemickey

DIS Veteran
If someone is past the age for the real AI, do they offer them something other than the golden ticket? Perhaps fastpasses for Disney... It seems pointless to have the GT if you are older than AIs age limit.

I think the only thing you get is a ticket that will allow you to cut the entire audition line. It doesn't give you a free ticket to Hollywood, just to the front of the line.

And I know, as much as it's fun for everyone, there should be an age limit because if someone older wins the day show, then the day was pretty much wasted in terms of people being able to audition. Or there should be separate shows for the adults and teens. :)

If someone is past the age for the real AI, do they offer them something other than the golden ticket? Perhaps fastpasses for Disney... It seems pointless to have the GT if you are older than AIs age limit.

If a Guest above the AI age-limit wins AIE,they can give the Golden Ticket to ANYONE they choose who is eligible.:)

The "over age" AIE winner gets nothing else(but the applause:)).:)

The winner, in that case, is allowed to "pass the ticket along" to another guest of the winner's choice.

Which to me seems to fly in the face of any kind of "legitimacy" of the entire process.

(Not that anything about the production of the real AI show is "legitimate" in the first place.)

The winner, in that case, is allowed to "pass the ticket along" to another guest of the winner's choice.

Which to me seems to fly in the face of any kind of "legitimacy" of the entire process.

(Not that anything about the production of the real AI show is "legitimate" in the first place.)

Whether someone thinks the show is legitimate or not, it is, and has been , the Number One show on televison for the past nine years. Ratings are high again this year. I don't know if you have been to the attraction at HS, Robo, but I am amazed at the number of people who have said they have no desire to go, and then afterwards, were glad they did.

But like the other poster said, you don't get the "golden ticket" to Hollywood, you just get a ticket that allows you to for sure get in to the judges to audition. Then if you s*ck, you are shown the door just like almost everyone else.

actually, you'll see the producers. it's a FP for that line. the producers then decide who see the judges.

The rules for the Disney American Idol Attraction state that anyone who wins the daily finale and does not conform to the American Idol show requirements (16 or over to 28 and younger and a citizen of the United States or a perm
anent US resident who is eligible to work full-time in the US), you can pass the "head of the line" pass who anyone who does meet the eligibility requirements.

I would imagine if you do not meet the requirements at the Disney American Idol attraction, you are told about this rule before you even audition. So it's up to you if you want to spend the time and effort.

:thumbsup2.........give THAT man a golden ticket...........

The day I went, every single person was too old who made it the finale. Thought that was somewhat annoying.

I don't know if you have been to the attraction at HS, Robo, but I am amazed at the number of people who have said they have no desire to go, and then afterwards, were glad they did.

If you are asking

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

if I have

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

seen the

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

AI show

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

at DHS, then

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

Yes, I have seen

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

it, and I have

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

to say that

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

I was glad that

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

I got to

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

witness it for

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

myself, and was

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

very, very

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

glad to leave

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

after it was

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

finally

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

painfully

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

over.

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

:eek:

If you are asking

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

if I have

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

seen the

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

AI show

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

at DHS, then

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

Yes, I have seen

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

it, and I have

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

to say that

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

I was glad that

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

I got to

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

witness it for

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

myself, and was

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

very, very

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

glad to leave

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

after it was

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

finally

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

painfully

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

over.

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.
I GOT THE MUSIC IN ME.

:eek:

Amen Robo! :rotfl2:

Has anyone heard if any AIE winners made it past the first "cut"?:)

It would be so much fun to have an AIE winner in the top 24!:)(and GREAT advertising for DHS!:))

Has anyone heard if any AIE winners made it past the first "cut"?:)

It would be so much fun to have an AIE winner in the top 24!:)(and GREAT advertising for DHS!:))

I'd like to know this too. I can't beleive that it hasn't shown up on one of the shows yet. That would make a great 'story' to play for the auditions. I dont know how many more of the same ole ones I can watch now. Having another story about a sick/dead/divorced parent/child/sibling, etc. gets OLD after the first 18 times.

Whether someone thinks the show is legitimate or not, it is, and has been , the Number One show on televison for the past nine years. Ratings are high again this year. I don't know if you have been to the attraction at HS, Robo, but I am amazed at the number of people who have said they have no desire to go, and then afterwards, were glad they did.

I am one of those people who didn't want to see the AIE at first. I am an AI fan, have been since the beginning, and obviously I love Disney, however I had no interest of seeing the show at DHS. My husband talked me into going and I loved it! Is it my favorite show on property? No, but I did enjoy it and I was glad I went.

The day I went, every single person was too old who made it the finale. Thought that was somewhat annoying.

Sorry you felt those who were old that qualified that day was annoying. It is only an attraction that is intended to be fun. If those who are younger cannot win one of the segments in WDW they have no chance for the real American Idol.

My wife was one of those somewhat annoying too old of a person who had a great time with the AIE. We were there last January when they were still doing a soft opening just before it's grand opening(still very popular though). She made it to one of of the final 3 but did lose out to one of those "younger" contestents. ;)

DisneyWorld2009286.jpg

DisneyWorld2009287.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage203.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage57.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage29.jpg

Sorry you felt those who were old that qualified that day was annoying. It is only an attraction that is intended to be fun. If those who are younger cannot win one of the segments in WDW they have no chance for the real thing.

My wife was one of those somewhat annoying too old of a person who had a great time with the AIE. We were there last January when they were still doing a soft opening just before it's grand opening(still very popular though). She made it to one of of the final 3 but did lose out to one of those "younger" contestents. ;)

DisneyWorld2009286.jpg

DisneyWorld2009287.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage203.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage57.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage29.jpg

What a cool experience for her! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Sorry you felt those who were old that qualified that day was annoying. It is only an attraction that is intended to be fun.

Guess what? I'm allowed to have my own opinion on how I feel about what went on in my own personal life. Your condescending response is not necessary. Sorry that me finding it "slightly" annoying that I couldn't vote for someone who could use the prize upsets you so much. Everything doesn't have to be flowers and sunshine. This is a discussion board and having a not perfect experience is an acceptable course of conversation.

Guess what? I'm allowed to have my own opinion on how I feel about what went on in my own personal life. Your condescending response is not necessary. Sorry that me finding it "slightly" annoying that I couldn't vote for someone who could use the prize upsets you so much. Everything doesn't have to be flowers and sunshine. This is a discussion board and having a not perfect experience is an acceptable course of conversation.

Sorry you felt my response was condescending, it was not intended to be that way. You are right, you are allowed to have your opinion as everyone else is on this forum. As for upset, the poor economy can upset me, lower sales with my business could upset me, my DD not doing her homework may upset me, perhaps even my wife burning dinner may upset me, but in no way am I upset over someones feelings with AIE.

Here's a cyber hug and apology that you took it the wrong way. :hug:

Sorry, I honestly thought you were offended that I was slightly annoyed that nobody was within the age range.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter