• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amount of time needed to book fastpasses

On my 60 day fastpass booking day I will be available from 7-7:30 to book fastpasses. After that I have to leave for work. Will that be enough time to book the major/hard to get fastpasses for 3 people with 7 park days? (Our trip is before galaxy's edge opens.) I might be able to sneak in some fastpass booking time between 8-9 at work, but maybe not. Otherwise I'll finish during my lunch break. My husband wants me to go into work an hour late, but this is hard for me to do. I don't know if I have any comp time left, and I also don't want to have to lie about why I'm coming in late. (Coming in late to book fastpasses would not be approved.) My husband needs to be at work that morning, too. So will my plan work out?

Thanks!

It would be enough if everything is working. I took a half day the morning of my fast passes just in case. I know you said you can’t do that so just book what you need first and go back when you have time. You can only do what you can do. Good luck!🍀

I have had a similar dilemma at my work... I need to be there by 7:45 so I usually have a limited amount of time to book on our FP day. Assuming that the Disney Servers don't crash, this is doable. You do not need to stay home an extra hour. What I would do is book your "hard to get" reservations first, than if there is time left move on to everything else. If you don't get to every single FP for your entire trip at 7AM 60+ days out don't sweat it, most will be available later in the day and even weeks later at almost any time. The reservations that you should book at 7AM are: Avatar Flight of Passage, Slinky Dog Dash, Frozen Ever After, Seven Dwarves Mine Train, and Alien Swirling Saucers. Everything else you will have access to at lunch or when you get a break at work. No sweat, no drama. If the servers go down and the app or site doesn't work, just go to work and try again later. No one will be able to book anything either.

To prep, make a list of your 3 (or more if your group is splitting up) FP selections for each day and an approximate time you want (if you are picky) Star or highlight any of those ultra popular attractions i mentioned earlier so you focus on those first. After you snag those, I would go ahead and head to work.

If you have your days organized by parks and FP preferred times written down, it will go quickly. I made up a spreadsheet. Start with the most important FP's and get those done first. I booked our 7th day for the hard-to get FP's at AK and worked my way backwards. I got pretty much everything I wanted, with just a couple of time changes. It took maybe 10-15 minutes. If you know exactly what you want, you'll be fine. Don't panic if you can't get everything you want. You can always make changes later.

30mins should be OK . You want to stick with booking the popular attractions 1st. Which are FOP, Slinky Dog Dash , 7DMT, Frozen. The rest of the fast passes you can pretty much book whenever (like even weeks later and still be OK)

I suggest you have the dates/times of your fast passes on paper so you can easily go through 1 by 1.

You should be able to get the high priority FPs in that amount of time if you have it already planned out. Is there a way you could leave earlier for work, so you are doing your commute before the FP window opens vs after and make your FPs in the parking lot from 7-8?

i was able to book everything in 45 mins but that was with trying to keep it a secret from two kids who seemed to need something every 2 mins that morning. I did spend another 45 mins tweaking times throughout the morning to get the exact times I wanted.

Agreed. That should be enough time to book the high priority FPs. You can fill in the gaps later, if necessary.

I booked my FPs in the parking lot of the school I work at in 30 minutes. I did the hard ones first Mine Train and FEA. After that, everything else was a breeze. Not interested in FoP and not visiting DHS, so I guess for me it was easier than the norm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter