Amoxicillin rash

Immediately. Every rash we’ve ever had during an antibiotic treatment has been from an allergic reaction.

For example, a rash was the first clue that my daughter is allergic to sulfa based drugs.

*** ETA- I misread the OP. The rashes lasted about 5 days.

Last edited:
I'm allergic to Cipro. Seems like it took a week or little longer for it to work out of my system.

My daughter's rash started on day seven of the treatment, and went away five days after stopping.

The rash started on day 8. We stopped he antibiotic immediately. He’s now had the rash for 24 hours. It’s good to know it can take a few days to get out of his system. We go to Disney in a little over a week. I need these kids to be healthy!

Fortunately, the rash started fading after just a day or two, then disappeared entirely. Our "spotty trip" was to the Great Wolf Lodge, so I understand your concern. Have fun at Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter