Ample Hills Creamery will not open at Disney Springs or Disney’s BoardWalk

Well that’s a bummer - staying at BWV and was hoping to saunter over and get some ice cream

Just hoping they replace it with something similar (ice cream, gelatos, water ice), heard some other good ideas from another thread. The key for me is specialty flavors, only that I can get at Disney.

That's too bad. Their ice cream was so good. Always a stop at least once per trip.

Just hoping they replace it with something similar (ice cream, gelatos, water ice), heard some other good ideas from another thread. The key for me is specialty flavors, only that I can get at Disney.

Ooh...an Italian Ice/Custard style ice cream stand would be amazing. We have a local place near here that does both (really close to Disneyland, actually) and it's so good and it's constantly busy.

I was not a fan of Ample Hills. I spent way too much time chewing my ice cream. There is a limit to how much "stuff" should be in ice cream. I have sensitive teeth so it was like torture having to chew through so much cake and cookies.

They could do so much with Italian ice and specialty Disney concoctions using different color combinations.

Sad to hear but not surprised. I used to walk to the original location here in NYC all the time. Then all of a sudden they had like a dozen locations and diluted the demand.

I think a lot of WDW visitors are looking for more Instagram-ready desserts. I also think having Beaches and Cream on the other side of the lagoon hurt. Even though the ice cream at Ample Hills is far superior and with more inventive flavors.

This is just another slap in a long line of bad news these days. This was always such a treat for many of our trips. Their ice cream was absolutely amazing, and I so looked forward to a cone or sundae there. So sorry to hear they won't be returning. On the bright side, I guess I'll free up a couple thousand calories that I can use on something else during our next trip! But it won't be the same. Darnit.......

Ooh...an Italian Ice/Custard style ice cream stand would be amazing. We have a local place near here that does both (really close to Disneyland, actually) and it's so good and it's constantly busy.

I was not a fan of Ample Hills. I spent way too much time chewing my ice cream. There is a limit to how much "stuff" should be in ice cream. I have sensitive teeth so it was like torture having to chew through so much cake and cookies.

They could do so much with Italian ice and specialty Disney concoctions using different color combinations.
I'd love to see Joe's open up there. We've stopped in there a couple of times... Always a line and always worth it.

I'm so sorry to hear that, but I guess it's understandable given the current economics and all. Long term sure hope they replace it with something similar because they really need a nice place with treats if they want to maintain the attraction of being 'The Boardwalk", especially for later after dinner hours when the performers are out. If you just want to stroll the Boardwalk, it's too far to walk to Beaches and Cream for a quick ice cream cone, plus they have such a limited takeout menu.
Hope you are all having a magical day!

:goodvibes

Something will go back in there. I always thought Disney needed a decent chicken wing joint on the boardwalk that wasn't ESPN. Maybe in ten years after this is done....

I'm super bummed about this... Boardwalk is our home resort and we loved getting Ample Hills and watching the performers outside. We thought it was the best ice cream on property (though I know everyone has different tastes!). The couple who founded the company made some mistakes, like expanding too quickly, and the bankruptsy was not pandemic related.

I still remember dragging the family there right after they opened, because the dark chocolate ice cream uses Gittard chocolate (the same company that supplies See's Candies). There was only one other family inside and the dad happened to be the WDW lawyer who handled negotiations with the owners of Ample Hills. He explained that bringing them to The Boardwalk was a pet project from Robert Iger (after Iger visited the original location in NYC and fell in love with the ice cream)...

I still remember dragging the family there right after they opened, because the dark chocolate ice cream uses Gittard chocolate (the same company that supplies See's Candies). There was only one other family inside and the dad happened to be the WDW lawyer who handled negotiations with the owners of Ample Hills. He explained that bringing them to The Boardwalk was a pet project from Robert Iger (after Iger visited the original location in NYC and fell in love with the ice cream)...
Uggghhhhh, it was that good then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter