AmyM's Quest for a Better Bikini Body!

WORKOUT: None :sad2:

TOTALS: 1541cal, 51g fat, 140g carb, 136g protein, 29g fiber

We ended up going out to eat last night since DH wasn't thrilled with my plan of making spaghetti. So of course we ended up at Macaroni Grill... :confused3 I did my research beforehand and I ordered the Skinny Chicken dish, which was only 330 cal! And I only took a couple sips of DH's 2 pomegranate martinis! And I had 2 VERY small pieces of bread, no olive oil dip. :cheer2: My totals would have been right in line with my 1200-1300 goal if I hadn't gotten into the peanut butter before we left... I was pretty proud of myself because I really, really, really love cheesy, gooey Italian dishes and I stuck to my plan.

B: Egg Beaters (1/2c); 1/2 Bran Muffin
L: Spinach Salad; Soy Crisps (1 serving)
S: Apple; String Cheese
S: Soy Nuts (1/4c), Peanut Butter (2tbsp)
D: Skinny Chicken; 2 tiny pieces of bread (maybe 2" x 2" ea)
S: SF Chai Latte w/Soy Milk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Julie, thanks for stopping by! I am really fed up with this whole Germany nightmare. Now they are not even having the meeting next week, which means I will have to go whenever the meeting actually takes place (the only reason I got out of it for next week was because I had a previously scheduled vacation). :mad: The fiber cakes are awesome! They are not dry at all, very moist and they freeze well.

Amy, DD was NOT picked to go to the teacher picnic but we had told her that we would have a family root beer float picnic, and that seemed to make her happy. She is just so sensitive, it broke my heart that she didn't have the winning bid! I should have stayed and stalked the table... Did you find your retainer in the dumpster?

kaysmommie, thanks! I hope I never see the 140's again!

Tracy, thanks, I was SO happy to see that 138!!

Tracey, usually DS10 is the one losing and getting holes in his socks, I have no idea when DD7 picked up that undesireable trait! I got her a 6-pk, she should be good to go for a while! Plus it is almost spring which means she won't even be wearing socks for the next 6-7 months anyway! I'm sure the teacher will love "shooting" DS!! :lmao: :rotfl: :laughing:

WORKOUT: Muscle class (60min)

TOTALS: 1271cal, 46g fat, 134g carb, 92g protein, 32g fiber

I had a rough afternoon, too lazy to do the needed housework, which left me wandering around the kitchen, wanting to snack. I didn't give in, but I tortured myself for several hours! I was planning on popcorn after dinner, but DD wanted her root beer floats. I had a Diet Pepsi float, which is NOT THE SAME! But I did only have 1 serving of ice cream, which is a major accomplishment. And I don't care about French Vanilla so having it in the freezer won't bother me.

I am SO SORE. I almost didn't go to TBC this morning, but my friend got us Eric Clapton tickets and I had to give her the check. Now my body hates me, every muscle aches. I actually took some Advil, which I try to avoid unless totally necessary. Tomorrow at the gym will be cardio only, so that will be a nice break!

B: Egg Beaters; Fiber Cake
L: Veggie Burger on Spinach; Soy Crisps; 10 Mini Pretzels w/LF Laughing Cow
S: String Cheese; 1/2 Bran Muffin
D: Grilled Tri-Tip; Green Beans; 4 small squares SF Dark Chocolate (55cal)
S: Diet Pepsi Float (with 1/2c ice cream)

LIQUIDS: 60oz water; 12oz Diet Coke; 8oz Diet Pepsi; 16.9oz Diet Green Tea, 12oz Minute Maid Light; 8oz SF Chai w/Soy Milk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Congrats Amy on the loss!! 138-139 is awsome!!! I'm hoping to be there soon!
I was just asking DH if we had a Trader Joes here in Memphis, but we don't. We have Wild Oats. I think I'm gonna go check them out.
You are doing great on the workouts and the eating....no wonder you're losing steadily! Great job!! Keep it up!!

marie

WORKOUT: Total Body Conditioning class (60min)

TOTALS: 1506cal, 57g fat, 154g carb, 100g protein, 40g fiber

L: 2 Veggie Burgers; Spinach; Soy Crisps
S: String Cheese; 1/2 Bran Muffin
S: Soy Crisps; PB (2tbsp)
D: Chicken Ole (yum); Cauliflower; 4 squares SF Dark Chocolate

I have GOT to get a grip with the peanut butter! :mad: I would have been just fine with my totals if I would have skipped that awful pre-dinner snack. It's not like I can ban it from the house, it's the only thing DS will eat for lunch. I just need to forget it's there... :confused3 Not only am I not going to get to 137 if I keep that up, I will find myself right back in the 140's, where I definitely DON'T want to be!

Other than the pb I did fine. And I know I could be doing way worse, there are 3 boxes of GS cookies DS brought home (haven't touched a single one), a bag of brownie chocolate chip cookies DD HAD to have from Trader Joe's and the kids made clearance Valentines cookies yesterday. I haven't indulged although I've been tempted!

I am still sore from both classes, but not as bad as I was yesterday. Today's workout will be a jog on the treadmill. Hopefully by tomorrow I will be back to normal!

Germany nonsense continues, now it looks like I'll be going there the week of 3/12. I just want to get it over with at this point!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Marie, you'll probably pass me up at the rate you're losing! I will be in Memphis on Sunday. Well, at the airport anyway, for a 2 hr layover... So wave in that direction between 7:24 and 9:35am!

Hi Amy
You've done a fantastic job of resisting all those goodies in the house, if your only downfall was pb then i think you've done great :)
I thought i was the only person that wandered around the kitchen thinking about food/goodies & not having any!! At least you resisited then too ;)
Plenty of exercise there too, your doing awesome Amy :)
Sorry to here they are messing you around with the Germany trip!
At least the weather might have warmed up by March :)

Hi Amy: Yes I found some of the retainer in the dumpster, omg can you say gross? Digging through a dumpster off the lunchroom of an 800 student school was not pretty. Another time I dropped it on the way home. My mom and I retraced my steps and found it in the middle of the street run over! :lmao: I can still my mom very carefully picking up the parts, it saved her money as they only had to replace the plastic part and not the wires! Another time it was just lost never to be found. It only took me about 50 hours of babysitting the brats next door to pay for that one. And I wonder why my dd is irrepsonsible with her stuff? Wonder where she gets that from?

Okay enough on the retainer ;) . Just had to share!

Your food and exercise look very good. Maybe you are not getting enough fat and thats why you are eating the pb? Or maybe you are like me and just like to dig into the stuff regardless of what else you are eating! There are far worse things you could be doing so that is the good news.

Just hang in there with it and think about that number you don't want to revisit next time the urge to eat pb hits you! Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels I am told. Maybe I"ll find out one day!

Hi Amy,

I think you are doing a great job resisting all of those treats in the house. :thumbsup2 Maybe your body is craving the peanut butter for the protein.

I hope everything gets settled with your trip to Germany soon. :goodvibes

Have a great day today!:cool1:

WORKOUT: Treadmill (45min @ 4.8mph)

TOTALS: 1273cal, 51g fat, 113g carb, 105g protein, 26g fiber

L: Spinach Salad; Soy Crisps
S: Apple; String Cheese
D: Cheeseburger Pie; Green Beans; 4 squares SF Dark Chocolate
S: Microwave Popcorn (2c max)

I didn't touch the peanut butter last night!! :banana: I did have some popcorn while we watched Flushed Away, but I was still within my daily limits. No workout planned for today, I have to take DD to tap. DS has b-ball practice from 8-10pm. COME ON!!!!!!! DH said he might not let him stay the whole time, that is just so late. But when the games start, half of them are during that time slot (which stinks, because I can't go - I refuse to keep DD up that late, they usually go to bed at 8:30).

Work is absolutely killing me. I am busier than ever and I am getting so stressed out about this stupid Germany trip. The UK company can't support the week of 3/12. I finally e-mailed the UK company (without copying the German company) and told them that we need to set a meeting date we can both stick to, THEN approach the Germans because they most likely think both our companies are insane by now... We have a telecon tomorrow morning, hopefully we can solve something then...

I am really looking forward to our trip this weekend. Even though I'll get no rest and it will be a super short visit, I need to get my mind off work!! :crazy2:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tracey, I need to ban myself from the kitchen! It just seems like I am in there from the minute I get home from work until the minute I go to bed... Suprisingly I have not been tempted by all the cookies, but I know if I have one, GAME OVER. So I am determined not to have one, so I don't know what I'm missing!

Amy, DS picks up his retainer tomorrow. I've taken most of his allowance away and he still owes us some more, but I think he gets the point. At least I hope so! I think I just eat the pb because I am craving junk and there isn't any suitable junk in the house! It's a mental thing... :crazy:

Tracey, I would LOVE to get this Germany trip settled. It's just too nerve-wracking not knowing. It's not like a short little trip to the next state over, it's a major deal...

Ahhh i might have guessed it would be the UK side that is messing you around on the Germany trip. This country is pretty rubbish about that sort of thing, customer service - or any kind of service for that matter!!!
I apologise on behalf of my patriots :worship:

I hope work gets less stressful soon, theres nothing worse & not good for you either, take care of yourself :hug:

Congrats on Conquering the Peanut Butter!!!!!

I hope the Germany thing got resolved today. What a hassle.

TJ's is definitely on my shopping list for later this week. Hopefully I'll find the Fiber Cakes!

Have a great rest of the week!

Great job resisting the peanut butter! I am so glad my kids don't like it anymore so that I have no reason to buy it. Its hard to resist and like you I would always turn to it when I wanted junk but didn't have any on hand! I hope your German trip gets resolved very soon, that sounds totally aggravating! Poor ds having to use his own money to buy his retainer! I can relate, I had a mean mom too! And I already told dd she might want to consider opening a savings account to begin saving for the retainer(s) I know she will lose in the future!

WORKOUT: None

TOTALS: 1290cal, 42g fat, 117g carb, 117g protein, 16g fiber

B: Chocolate Oatmeal
S: Apple, String Cheese
D: Crockpot Beef Stroganoff w/Wheat Noodles
S: Reese's Puffs (1/4c) :confused3

Hey, at least I avoided the pb! I was ravenous for some reason, I'm glad I didn't stray any more than the cereal. I love that stuff! But I don't want to get back in the habit of grabbing a handful here and there, so I need to be careful.

We got some stuff squared away regarding the Germany trip (or so I think :rolleyes: ). It is now scheduled for March 13-17. We have to fly back on a Sat, but that was the plan for the original trip, so no biggie. We are waiting on confirmation of the date from the German company (one person was not on the telecon), but don't expect it to be a problem. We are making our reservations (again) and I am planning to go, so keep your fingers crossed it all works out! :wizard:

I am getting a little nervous about this weekend. I know it's going to be a whirlwind of eating and drinking. Not to mention airport food... My goal is to eat very little during the trip, especially if I actually hit 137 on Friday. Heck, I might not eat at all if that happens!!! :laughing: I have to be able to travel and at least maintain my weight. It's a huge hurdle for me, but it has to be possible! I'll never reach my goal if I gain a couple pounds everytime I take a trip, right??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tracey, at least your fellow countrymen are good partiers and I'm sure once we actually get to Germany all the stress/hard feelings, etc will be drunk away...

Julie, I love those fiber cakes! I like the blueberry ones way better than the cranberry/apple, but try them both!

Amy, I am waiting for the day my kids don't want pb anymore. DS10 actually asked me if I could pack him liverworst sandwiches next week. GROSS! :scared: I'll probably barf when I'm packing his lunch, but that's what he requested and I always tell them to let me know when they want something different in their lunches...

Great job resisting the PB :banana: :cheer2: :banana: . Glad the Germany trip seems to be back on track. I hope it stays that way. Don't fret about this weekend. If WI this week is 137, that will be a great motivator to stay on track. But don't miss out on fun family times this weekend either. Can you drink club soda while hanging out instead of cocktails? Or I make a deal with myself, in order to drink a cocktail, I have to finish an entire water bottle. Then if I want another cocktail, I have to finish a second water bottle first and so on. The water helps fill me up. Another ide is maybe bring your own healthy snacks to eat before you go out so you are not too hungry and won't be so tempted to graze on appetizers, etc. Just some thoughts. Hang in there. You are going to do great this weekend and your going to have a great time too!

Well at least you know you won't be dipping into the liverwurst!:eek: Ds never liked pb, dd ate so much of it for the first eight years of her life she got burned out. The last year of pb lunches I bought the Smuckers Uncrustables since I only like it on a spoon (or finger). YOu can do it this weekend! Maybe take something that will remind you not to eat. A certain bracelet, a photo of yourself at the weight you want to be. Some lady in my WW took a beaded bracelet on a cruise. Everytime she wanted to pig out she played with the beads. The rat came back from her cruise down a few pounds! I am with you, travelling is something I can at times dread since it often spells the beginning of a period of misbehavior with my food. But I know you can do it, you did very well on your last business trip so you already have done it!

That's great that the details seem to be working out on your Germany trip.:goodvibes

Don't worry too much about this weekend... You'll do a great job Amy! Have a great time!:goodvibes

WORKOUT: Elliptical (45min)

TOTALS: 1227cal, 35g fat, 133g carb, 108g protein, 30g fiber

S: Pear; String Cheese
D: BBQ Chicken Bake; Carrots; 4 squares SF Dark Chocolate
S: Soy Nuts

I can't believe it is March already! This month is going to be SO hectic with work, I am going to blink and it will be April. Every week there is something going on, either travel or all-day meetings. Plus DS's baseball games start at the end of the month. It's crazy, I tell ya!

I have really been having problems with DS10, I just don't know what to do anymore. It just seems like he doesn't respect anyone or anything and he has no emotions except anger. He went to a counselor for about 2 years and the Dr wanted me to put him on meds for his OCD. I resisted, thinking he'd grow out of it, but he seems to be getting worse. Add the constant barrage of phone calls from girls is not helping either (the boy was blessed with big baby blue eyes and super long eyelashes that most women would kill for). I am at my wits end and I might take him back to the counselor to see what we can do, before it gets out of control. :sad2:

I am definitely looking forward to my break from work although I know I will have a really hard time catching up after the day off. OH WELL, no one is going to die because of me not being at work, right??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anna, I am totally WEAK. I always have the best intentions, then completely blow it. Thanks for the suggestions, who knows, hopefully if I see 137 I will behave!!

Amy, I can't believe someone went on a cruise and actually LOST weight! My hero!!! I need to figure something out, I think I should be able to do OK on this trip, I really want to come back the same weight I left at...

Tracy, I hope the reservations for the Germany trip will stick this time!!

Hi Amy
Sounds like a good idea to take DS back to the counselor, i hope you manage to sort something out.
I hope March goes quick for me too, takes me nearer to summer ;)
Food looks great i hope you make 137 on Friday :)

Glad the Germany trip is beginning to fall into place.

I went to Trader Joes yesterday - no fiber cakes. They said they only get about 2 doz/day & they are gone within the first hour.

So, I went back again today - it's about 17 miles each way - was there when they opened & bought 5 pkgs. It's a good thing I liked them!!!!! Wow, are they surprisingly wonderful!! Now to see if they freeze OK as making that trip each week isn't a fun idea.

Good luck with DS - it's hard to know what to do! Been There, Done That!

Have a GREAT weekend!

Amy, good luck and God bless with your ds! I really feel for you, since my own ds gives me plenty of sleepless nights. My ds is OCD too and sometimes it goes along quite well and then other times I feel like I am going to throw myself in front of a train! It can really be trying. Just do what you know is best and hang in there! I hope you are having a fun weekend in Arkansas (it is ARK right?)! You are doing so well with you food and exercise, just keep it up! And again, hang in there with your son.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter