An actual Rumor! (EPCOT)

Personally, I feel that all they need is an India Pavilion to complete a Reasonable representation of the world. it's the missing link. The problem with Sub Saharan Africa is that as Far as tourism goes, they have animals and that's just about it, which means Animal Kingdom is an excellent representation.

It is also interesting to note that Asia in AK has a very particular South East Asia Feel to it, which means I wouldn't expect a ThailandPavilion any time soon which is fine with me, because I don't think one night in Bangkok the ride would be all that good for the kiddies.;)

So to sum up, if it were me, I'd add an India Pavilion and call it a day. Russia is another good choice. Egypt would be cool, except that in terms of Modern egypt, Morocco is Religously and politically too similar.

The space is there, so I don't see how it would hurt to add idealized versions of a few more countries that would be interesting to tourists.

Sure there will be criticism from those calling for showing the bad with the good, but those generally are WDW lovers anyway.

So the question is, as guests, why wouldn't we want to see some countries from other parts of the world, like say Russia and Peru for example?

Originally posted by Another Voice
And it was recognized early on that defining pavilions strictly on “nations” wouldn’t work. That’s why the Equatorial African pavilion wasn’t tied to a single country. And even Norway came real close to being “Scandinavia”.

That's probably half the reason why when planning WestCOT they threw out the individual countries and decided to make the World Showcase more continent oriented.

(Of course the other issue was probably that they couldn't find any countries willing to pay for more pavilions at WestCOT - which is why there hasn't been a new country at the World Showcase since Norway.)

The answer is:

In response to what our guests have told us in surveys Epcot will be adding several new and exciting pavillions...

1)The new Peru Pavillion- a shack where you can meet the characters from The Emperor's New Groove!

2)The India Pavilion and or African Pavillion- a campsite tent where you can meet the characters from Tarzan!

3)The Hawaii pavillion! okay so it is not a country, so what...we can let you meet Lilo and Stitchin a grass shack!

4)The Living Seas will be converted to a meet the Atlantis characters attraction

5)A Russian Pavillion-where you can meet the Sleeping Beauty characters in the little house where Aurora grew up with the fairies! (hey Tchaikovsky wrote the music, didn't he?)

Paul
;) :jester: :) :) :) :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter