• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

An Anniversary Trip to Remember with a Sprinkling of Dis Divas!

LOL.....tell us how you really feel!! :rotfl2:

The seating sucked and if we had been one couple back in the line....we wouldn't have had seating.....we would have had to stand the entire parade. The dinner was delicious.....so that was the highlight of the package.

LOL can you tell it really irritates me. One year we went with my parents and had wanted to see the parade. We were all hot and tired and so found a bench up on the train platform. Now I don't even think you can do THAT anymore cuz I think they reserve all those benches for I don't know who but back then if you got there early enough you could sit there and it is a perfect spot to watch the parade. Well normally we wouldn't get there 3 hours early but we sat down to rest and decided to just wait. We got ice cream and were there a LONG time. Well then RIGHT at the end a guy came up and tried to shove his kid in front of us. Now normally I don't mind letting kids in if there is room but that was REALLY rude and he kept saying it is for the kids blah blah blah. Well MY kids were little then too. Like 7 and 8 and we took the time to get there WAY early to get a good spot. He got really rude and I thought Shane was going to punch him. He started cussing at us blah blah. I was furious and it only seems to have gotten worse. The entitled mentality that so many people have esp in Disneyland is just astounding. I always try to be polite and when we get in line to see characters I WAIT in line and don't just walk up or cut. Then when we get up there I try to hurry cuz I know that there is time limits but lately I see more and more people with these HUGE groups that want a pic with EVERY single person indiv and 50 cameras. I think that is SO flippin rude because when the character gets to their time they have to leave too bad if you are still in line. Plus the people that push and shove, cut, stand right in the middle of the walkway to text on their phone or bs with their parties. Not to mention Disney itself. I NEVER thought I would say this but I am REALLY dissapointed in Disney's greed lately. They seem to be nickle and diming people to death. I mean paying THAT much for a meal and then basically getting something that everyone else could get for free? meaning just sitting on the curb. They could put chairs down as I have done it before. the special things like fantasmic seating etc used to be amazing. Started on the balcony with an amazing buffet and even when it went down below was a nice buffet then got MORE expensive and you got less because it was just the boxed stuff. I think the worst part is people just still pack in in droves so Disney will keep continuing to take advatanage. I LOVE all things Disney and I have always loved the parks for the magic and the fantasy but I never thought I would say that it is becoming not fun anymore. There is hardly any "down" times anymore and the prices have gotten almost out of our budget. Plus every little thing they charge extra for and it is a LOT. Lots of things we were able to do in the past just don't exist anymore or have outpriced most people. It is truly sad and I hope that people start to push back.

Anyway sorry for the rant but it is truly sad to me the way things have gone and I will always love Disney and want to go but I sure hope this comes back to haunt them and they realize that they are outpricing many families and the experience is not magical anymore but just crowded and frustrating.

Let's finish up with the parade........How about some Frozen, cause God know's they don't have anything from this movie in their parks...........lol

I will say, Olaf has grown on me.......

Goofy, Donald, Minnie & the Big Cheese.....MICKEY!!

Sparkly!!

Loved this parade (but I'm a sucker for a Disney parade) and the dinner at Blue Bayou was the best we had all week but paying extra for special seating for this parade was a disappointment. If you pay for a "seat".....you should get an actual seat. As I have mentioned.....Mike & I grabbed that last spot for sitting on the curb......everyone else behind us in the line had to stand. Stand in the special seating?? That just seems wrong........ PS: we could have picked a spot on the curb pretty much anywhere on Main Street for free and had the same view.

After the parade, you are asked to step into the street to watch the fireworks show. A couple minutes before they started, we had some college age guys come & step right in front of us. They had to be 6'3" and up.....awesome....so we had to shift a little to see the castle. (the best part was the one guy singing & swaying to every song at the TOP OF HIS LUNGS!!)......heavy sigh My day started way to early for this guy.........

Tinkerbell!!

It was really cool seeing the animations projected on the buildings down Main Street to go with the fireworks show.

Fireworks continued........

Nemo!

"Let it snow.....let it snow......."

On our way out.

In Downtown Disney, this band was performing.

The Disneyland Monorail Slides lit up at night at the Disneyland Hotel.

We got back in our room (after a very long day) to find this long stem rose on one of our beds!! Thank you Disneyland Hotel for the Anniversary gift!

They also turn down the beds every night and leave these sweet treats!

Good night (our headboard lit up).

As promised......I picked up this Dooney and Bourke while waiting for the parade....this is one of the Disneyland 60th Anniversary bags.

Nice updates. Your pictures are awesome. I have a good camera but I know it could do so much more with it but love your pics. Very cool about the rose and love your purse. They had a really cute one at DW for Flower and Garden and I was hoping I could somehow get one on our trip but we were going to miss the ending by a few days and it was very popular so I think they would have sold out anyway. I have one Dooney and I love it but would have loved to get that one. Sad that some of the cutest are the limited time ones. But glad you were able to get one. Very cool!!

We hardly ever watch the fireworks from inside the parks. I think this trip we need to. Love your new purse, I can not wait to pick up a new dooney next week. Loving your TR!

I gave Kacy links to your WDW trips. She's loving them!! She told me, "Laurie's trip reports show everything! Tell her I love them!"

Nice updates. Your pictures are awesome. I have a good camera but I know it could do so much more with it but love your pics. Very cool about the rose and love your purse. They had a really cute one at DW for Flower and Garden and I was hoping I could somehow get one on our trip but we were going to miss the ending by a few days and it was very popular so I think they would have sold out anyway. I have one Dooney and I love it but would have loved to get that one. Sad that some of the cutest are the limited time ones. But glad you were able to get one. Very cool!!

I saw pictures of the Flower & Garden one....it was super cute!! I've noticed that too that they Dooney's I'm most drawn to are the limited ones. I lucked out on the Tinkerbell one I have.....it was a left over from the Tinkerbell Race weekend. They had 2 in the store and I got one of them!!

We hardly ever watch the fireworks from inside the parks. I think this trip we need to. Love your new purse, I can not wait to pick up a new dooney next week. Loving your TR!

So did you see the fireworks from inside the park? Which Dooney did you get!!

I gave Kacy links to your WDW trips. She's loving them!! She told me, "Laurie's trip reports show everything! Tell her I love them!"

NICE!!

Awesome!!! I LOVE these trip reports

:D Thanks!!

I hope to get some new updates soon......life just has not let up lately and finding 30 minutes to set aside to do an update has been almost impossible. Michayla has become very self injurious and the kids have had lots of appointments & IEP meetings. I also had toenail surgery done on both big toes to remove the sides (always have had ingrown nails since as far back as I can remember.....can't wait to be healed up and not have a sore big toe for once!!) School gets out next in 2 weeks and then maybe (even with the kids home)....things will settle down a bit.

Laurie, fireworks were canceled on our trip :( . I got a haunted mansion tote Dooney. Hoping to get the black leather star wars one on our next trip.

Sorry to hear about Michayla. You all are in my prayers. Hope the end of the school year goes well for the kids. Also, it was my 21st birthday on Monday too

Haven't made it through your whole trip report yet, but I've got to say I'm pretty jealous! Of all the times we've gone to Disneyland, I've never been able to see it from the plane window! I've looked and looked, but always miss it. I'm going to try really hard this next time - I'm bound and determined to see it! :)

The Disneyland hotel is so gorgeous! Great pictures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter